Dodger Stadium 50th Anniversary Logo

dbadefense1990

The best anniversary logo in recent memory. Looks just as good in embroidery.

Better than the 100 year Fenway Logo????

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. This doesn't hold a candle to that one. There's just too much going on here and it doesn't have a strong enough focus like some of the other tribute or anniversary logos.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. This doesn't hold a candle to that one. There's just too much going on here and it doesn't have a strong enough focus like some of the other tribute or anniversary logos.

%3Afenway100_website_tm_13970609.jpg

This one?

While it's not a bad logo, the Dodgers one is much nice as far as how it renders as a jersey patch.

This one?

While it's not a bad logo, the Dodgers one is much nice as far as how it renders as a jersey patch.

we agree to disagree.

the Dodgers logo is too busy and unfocused for my liking. Too many colors involved and its not completely focused on one element. Seems all over the place for me. My eye goes to the seats first, then the "50" then the rest. Its also not a strong enough drawing of the stadium for most people to instantly identify that its Dodger Stadium. Some will notice it, but I would argue that most won't. If you are going to center the logo around the stadium then use a more recognizable view of the stadium like the outfield bleacher seats or something. Isn't that what most people would know from watching a ball game? How often do you see the bleachers over the main grandstand? Not what I would consider a strong logo solution. but thats just me.

Anyone who's been to Dodger Stadium will recognize the colors.

Personally, I'm not all that impressed with the Fenway Park logo. Wasn't there a less-horizontal version?

maybe, but I can't find it.

While I recognize the colors I don't think it is the best visual solution for what they are trying to portray. I just think they could have done a much better job with this logo. The seat colors are somewhat recognizable but not overtly enough to completely validate the logo. I still think that the outfield bleacher seats and roof structure would have made a much better visual then the what they chose. I can't stop thinking about the most recent Yankee logo that utilized the Yankee Stadium roof element in their logo. As much as I hate the Yankees I loved the logo. Now THATS a great logo. This logo is okay but just not good enough for my liking. I feel that a team with the history that the Dodgers have in LA could come up with something better.

This one?

Well that and that it actually features the stadium it's seeking to honor in it. Dodger Stadium is a massive edifice that this patch does a decent job of conveying. As for the seat colors, anyone who knows anything about stadiums will recognize it immediately from that based on the colors and short fourth deck alone.

Was this a Todd Radom production? He usually does the Dodgers' stuff.

No. It was done by the in-house designer - who has done the majority of the patches from the last few seasons.

Since he is a lurker on this board (and sometimes posts), I'll let him chime in and tell you all who he is.

Sometimes I'm not sure if it's supposed to be announced who the designers are for these things.

This one?

Well that and that it actually features the stadium it's seeking to honor in it. Dodger Stadium is a massive edifice that this patch does a decent job of conveying. As for the seat colors, anyone who knows anything about stadiums will recognize it immediately from that based on the colors and short fourth deck alone.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree....while the logo may feature the stadium in such a way to make it recognizable I don't think its the best solution and it could have been done much simpler without using so many design elements. I personally gravitate towards much simpler logos that aren't so convoluted with visual elements. Lets wait and see it on a sleeve and see how clear and recognizable it really is. I would argue that it will get totally lost from a distance.

Only issue I have with it is that the kerning seems a bit weird - compare "DOD" with "GER" and "STAD" with "IUM". Otherwise I really like it, which is kind of a weird thing for me to be saying about a Dodgers anything.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

This one?

I guess we just have to agree to disagree....while the logo may feature the stadium in such a way to make it recognizable I don't think its the best solution and it could have been done much simpler without using so many design elements. I personally gravitate towards much simpler logos that aren't so convoluted with visual elements. Lets wait and see it on a sleeve and see how clear and recognizable it really is. I would argue that it will get totally lost from a distance.

Seriously? You're claiming that that Red Sox logo is better? Holy Cow, that's a horrible logo. It looks like it belongs on a bag of generic frozen vegetables in your local Albertsons. That Red Sox logo is cheap, where as the Dodgers patch/logo is classy.

This logo may be busy, but it's not cluttered. It's not like it's playing tricks on your eyes. It's got a smooth look to it. There are many things in it, but they all add to the logo.

This is where I'm at. It really only has three elements (the stadium, the 50, and the oval), and it has enormous visual interest. It shows great craftsmanship. It's really all you could want in an anniversary logo. Not what you want in a brand logo, but this logo doesn't represent a brand. It represents an event, and it does that job well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived