2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadline Madness is underway! First big deal is Milwaukee acquiescing to Andrew Bogut's trade request by shipping him to Golden State in a 5-player deal that sends Monta Ellis to Milwaukee:

Warriors get:

C Andrew Bogut

G/F Stephen Jackson

Bucks Get:

G Monta Ellis

F Ekpe Udoh

C Kwame "Michael Jordan is So Disappointed in Me" Brown.

Unless they are certain that Monta Ellis isn't staying long, that is a dumb deal for the Warriors.

Andrew Bogut is a nice player to have and the Warriors do need interior help. May even be the best pure center in the game after Dwight Howard, but Monta Ellis is a superstar and Andrew Bogut is not.

Stephen Jackson who's spent years being one of the most underated players in the game is underperforming as well and seeing how he's getting up there in age that could be it.

I just don't get it. They had a building block in Monta Ellis you can form a team that could contend for the NBA title around, and they just gave that up rather then trying to go with it.

I think Andrew Bynum might have something to say about that ^_^

Bynum had a ridiculously good game tonight. 37 points on 15/18 FG, 16 rebounds, and 7-8 on FT's. I think only crazy people would say that Bynum isn't the best center in the game, behind Dwight.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Stephen Jackson - the guard that nobody wants. He's becoming the Matt Stairs of the NBA.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Now Melo wants out of New York. I knew that was a bad trade when it went down, and this just seals it. I think he'd still be productive on a team with an established point guard (kind of like when he was with Chauncey in Denver), but if he does get traded, good luck getting a fair haul in return for him, Knicks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Hoops-wise, everything's goin right in the state of Colorado!

(Not seen, Gallo's GW OT block!)

Gallo pretty much proved why he should be considered a star. He'll be an All-Star next year, guaranteed.

Too bad that came at the expense of my Hawks, who have lost their 9th straight road game decided by one point, dating back to 2007. Wacky stat.

Deadline Madness is underway! First big deal is Milwaukee acquiescing to Andrew Bogut's trade request by shipping him to Golden State in a 5-player deal that sends Monta Ellis to Milwaukee:

Warriors get:

C Andrew Bogut

G/F Stephen Jackson

Bucks Get:

G Monta Ellis

F Ekpe Udoh

C Kwame "Michael Jordan is So Disappointed in Me" Brown.

Unless they are certain that Monta Ellis isn't staying long, that is a dumb deal for the Warriors.

Andrew Bogut is a nice player to have and the Warriors do need interior help. May even be the best pure center in the game after Dwight Howard, but Monta Ellis is a superstar and Andrew Bogut is not.

Stephen Jackson who's spent years being one of the most underated players in the game is underperforming as well and seeing how he's getting up there in age that could be it.

I just don't get it. They had a building block in Monta Ellis you can form a team that could contend for the NBA title around, and they just gave that up rather then trying to go with it.

I think Andrew Bynum might have something to say about that ^_^

Bynum had a ridiculously good game tonight. 37 points on 15/18 FG, 16 rebounds, and 7-8 on FT's. I think only crazy people would say that Bynum isn't the best center in the game, behind Dwight.

I wouldn't call it crazy because Bogut is a far better defensive player then Bynum is who for a center I would even say is somewhat of a liability, although looking at his numbers he does seemed to have picked it up some this year. That may be due to Mike Brown who will force you to play defense.

I myself always look at Bynum being overated because of his lack of defense but if he's picked it up the way he seems to have he may no longer be overated.

Mike D'Antoni resigns. The NYK fallout has begun.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hoops-wise, everything's goin right in the state of Colorado!

(Not seen, Gallo's GW OT block!)

Gallo pretty much proved why he should be considered a star. He'll be an All-Star next year, guaranteed.

Too bad that came at the expense of my Hawks, who have lost their 9th straight road game decided by one point, dating back to 2007. Wacky stat.

As a huge Gallo fan, I completely agree with this.

As a Knicks fan, my head isn't going to stop bleeding any time soon

*Bangs head on wall*

Awesome. Now they Knicks are going to be even worse on offense than they currently are.

*Bangs head on wall*

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I'd take him over Vinny in a landslide.

But yeah.... I knew when the Melo trade got done last year that the Knicks were headed towards yet another vicious cycle of dysfunction, and they have failed to disappoint. I guess Mike Woodson is going to be coaching them for the time being? Ouch.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Could you imagine Chris Paul in a D'Antoni system? And it's not like Blake is going to play that much defense anyway :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

But yeah.... I knew when the Melo trade got done last year that the Knicks were headed towards yet another vicious cycle of dysfunction, and they have failed to disappoint. I guess Mike Woodson is going to be coaching them for the time being? Ouch.

Every NBA story does not have to involve the Los Angeles Clippers in some way shape or form. Seriously, it's not a requirement.

Dolan better back up the truck for Phil Jackson. Give him 10, 12, 15, 20 million bucks per. Whatever it takes.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Every NBA story does not have to involve the Los Angeles Clippers in some way shape or form. Seriously, it's not a requirement.

Dolan better back up the truck for Phil Jackson. Give him 10, 12, 15, 20 million bucks per. Whatever it takes.

I've been hearing the Phil Jackson is coming to the Knicks story for over a decade now. I'll believe it when I see it.

I think what the Knicks want is a coach that will build the team around Carmelo Anthony and win because they are not going to admit failure on that deal.

One player who will NOT be traded at the deadline...Dwight Howard?!

All of this hullabaloo over wanting to get traded (to the point where he had a list of destinations (but rejected Chicago for stupid reasons), New Jersey briefly had Dwight Howard t-shirts up for sale, and trade rumors were rampant ALL SEASON), & not only does Dwight stay in Orlando, he does so willingly. He's not even going to opt out of his contract & become a free agent this summer, he has basically locked himself in for next season!

Ladies & gentlemen, we have been trolled.

Archived