2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Yeah, I don't see how Fisher "has earned the right to not play for anybody he doesn't want to play for." He's under contract with the Rockets now. I don't care if he's won five titles, he's obligated to play for them. Now, I wouldn't call him a "little bitch" for not wanting to play for Houston, but I think a lot of NBA players could show a little more respect to their teams when they want out.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are unbelievable. Cujo, Fisher is a little bitch, really? The guy is nothing but class.

Fisher and the Rockets Front Office are trying to procure a buyout. Why does he need to go public with any information? Houston's newspaper reported almost immediately after the trade that "Fisher may never put on a Rockets uniform." Derek doesn't want to play for anybody other than the Lakers, so what? He's a 16-year vet with 5 titles. He's earned the right to not play for anybody he doesn't want to play for at this point in his career.

You really should be a Cardinals fan with that kind of homerism.

St. Louis Cardinals or Louisville Cardinals? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah, I don't see how Fisher "has earned the right to not play for anybody he doesn't want to play for." He's under contract with the Rockets now. I don't care if he's won five titles, he's obligated to play for them. Now, I wouldn't call him a "little bitch" for not wanting to play for Houston, but I think a lot of NBA players could show a little more respect to their teams when they want out.

I agree, but Fisher hasn't done that. He never publicly, said I won't play for this team, or that I want to be traded. Reports are saying the Rockets never intended Fisher to play a single second as a Rocket. They got two point guards already. It looks like the only took him in the trade because they wanted Dallas' first-round pick. The Lakers just got Sessions so they were looking to get rid of Fish and his contract.

So again, why is Fish a little bitch? (Not directed at you Fox lol) The Rockets never wanted him to play!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

He's a 16-year vet with 5 titles. He's earned the right to not play for anybody he doesn't want to play for at this point in his career.

Interesting. So, if Kobe suddenly demanded a trade to the Bobcats, or even better, the Heat, you'd be okay with it? After all, he "has the right to play for whoever he wants to play for."

I said he has the right to NOT play for anybody he doesn't want to play for. Don't misquote me.

Kobe wouldn't, he's a Laker for life. But, Fisher at this stage in his career, he won't play for anybody he doesn't want to play for. Chauncey Billups said the same thing by the way.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

As expected Fisher and the Rockets have agreed to a buyout and is now free to sign with any team but the Lakers, although the Clippers are really the only team I can see him going to.

Don't know what the terms were but I would imagine he probably would have to forfeit his player option for next year. Don't see the Rockets paying a player over $3 million to play against them or not at all.

The best I can tell the Lakers just got the Rockets to do their dirty work for them. Even if it means sending him to a division rival, I think the Lakers will take that if it means getting rid of a bad contract and getting something in return on top of it.

The Fischer thing is so stupid. I understand, he's got the right to play/not play, but I hate when these kind of pointless trades happen.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

At the Chris Mullin jersey retirment ceremony Warriros owner Joe Lacob was booed relentlessly I would say do in large part to the Monta Ellis trade.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/03/20/warriors.lacob.ap/index.html

Still can't believe they did that.

That was ugly

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

At the Chris Mullin jersey retirment ceremony Warriros owner Joe Lacob was booed relentlessly I would say do in large part to the Monta Ellis trade.

http://sportsillustr...b.ap/index.html

Still can't believe they did that.

That was ugly

Can't really blame Warrior fans. You are not going to be a better basketball team for trading Monta Ellis just like they weren't a better team for getting rid of Gilbert Arenas or Antawn Jamison and the Ellis deal seems like a continuation of this endless rebuilding process.

That has also been one of the best fanbases in the NBA and I would say the ownership has basically just treated them like dirt. Granted that came under the Chris Cohan era but fans are fed up and I would say rightfully so. When is this team ever going to get good again?

I found no problem with the Clippers :censored:ting it up today. B)

Pacers are 2-0 against the two LA teams where I get to watch on TV!

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

When is this team ever going to get good again?

Very soon, perhaps. That trade is either a very good or very bad move. If Bogut comes back next year in top form and their lottery pick works out, then the fans will regret booing their owner.

And I think a bird in the hand is worth more then two in the bush.

You already have/had a franchise player on your team. What you see with Andrew Bogut at this point is what you get which is a solid center, but not a player you want as your go to guy. And how good do you really think that first round pick is going to be? If its not a lottery pick, good bet its not going to be an all-star.

To me its one of those this is why your a bad team type of deals. Good teams rarely if ever give up sure things for whatifs.

Hahahahaha.... I can only laugh at how horribly this team is playing tonight against the Thunder. Vinny has to be thisclose to getting fired, right?

This right here is why I have minimal respect for you. Your team just lost to the team with the 3rd best record in the league, albeit by a wide margin, and albeit in the midst of a bit of a slide, and you keep bangin on about firing the coach.

First off the season is a crazy one, where teams are going to go on crazy winning and losing runs, simply because no coach can keep a team conditioned and focussed with the crazy compressed schedule. Secondly, its not that great a roster really. Its stars are inexperienced, its next bests are past their best, its still a team that is maturing. Its not a win now roster.

This is not to say that Del Negro is a good coach, or even that he shouldn't be fired, especially, but the constant bitching about the guy gets tiresome, especially when put next to the constant sniping at Norv Turner as well. You like a broken record. Neither the Chargers and Clippers have a record of winning, these are good times to be a fan of either team, get on and goddam enjoy it!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Vinny Del Negro is and has been a terrible basketball coach.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived