2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blazers waived Greg Oden. Poor guy. Too many injuries.

That may or may not be it for his career as well.

Best case scenairo he misses all of next year and comes back for the 2012-13 season.

That is next year.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Derek Fisher is now A.W.O.L. for the Rockets.

So many jokes, so little time...

Not shocked in the least. He has consistently gone out of his way to play for the Lakers so I could only imagine how PO'd he was when the deal was made.

I thought he would be able to veto the trade but apparently not.

Wouldn't shock me if he winds up retiring because of this.

Derek Fisher is now A.W.O.L. for the Rockets.

So many jokes, so little time...

D-Fish is a such a little bitch. As soon as the Rockets buy-out his contract, he and his 3 PPG will be out of the league for good.

6uXNWAo.png

Do you think Greg Oden will go down (if he already hasn't) as a Sam Bowie-esque figure, with how great Durant's been?

No, because it was a toss-up between Oden & Durant when that draft happened. One of the worst bits of recent revisionist history is that it should've been a no-brainer for the Blazers to choose Durant over Oden when it was anything but. It's unfortunate that this is how Oden's career & the Blazers' choice turned out, but it wasn't like it was a plain stupid decision on Portland's part when it happened.

It's not even like Fisher can go back to the Lakers, or that they would even want him.

The past is the past - he's a horrible basketball player these days. Houston's actually had a decent season. They aren't the glamour of the Lakers and what-not, but suck it up and report. For such a respected person, this is petty :censored: he's doing.

spacer.png

You guys are unbelievable. Cujo, Fisher is a little bitch, really? The guy is nothing but class.

Fisher and the Rockets Front Office are trying to procure a buyout. Why does he need to go public with any information? Houston's newspaper reported almost immediately after the trade that "Fisher may never put on a Rockets uniform." Derek doesn't want to play for anybody other than the Lakers, so what? He's a 16-year vet with 5 titles. He's earned the right to not play for anybody he doesn't want to play for at this point in his career.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

You guys are unbelievable. Cujo, Fisher is a little bitch, really? The guy is nothing but class.

Fisher and the Rockets Front Office are trying to procure a buyout. Why does he need to go public with any information? Houston's newspaper reported almost immediately after the trade that "Fisher may never put on a Rockets uniform." Derek doesn't want to play for anybody other than the Lakers, so what? He's a 16-year vet with 5 titles. He's earned the right to not play for anybody he doesn't want to play for at this point in his career.

You really should be a Cardinals fan with that kind of homerism.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Say what you want about Fisher, but that is real stupidity on the Rockets part if they didn't see this coming.

My first thought was wow Fisher really agreed to this deal. Then come to find out that he didn't the Lakers just wanted to get rid of him. So rather then just releasing him they seemed to have found a patsy in the Rockets to do it for them.

I don't see Derek Fisher wanting to play for anybody other then the Lakers at this stage of his career. Forget making a deal for him, I would have never even have bothered to ask about him if I was a GM.

He's a 16-year vet with 5 titles. He's earned the right to not play for anybody he doesn't want to play for at this point in his career.

Interesting. So, if Kobe suddenly demanded a trade to the Bobcats, or even better, the Heat, you'd be okay with it? After all, he "has the right to play for whoever he wants to play for."

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived