2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

I would strongly consider taking Mike Conley over Derron Williams straight up

Really? You would consider taking Conley and his lower points per game, assists per game, PER, assist percentage, eFG%, etc. over DWill? C'mon man.

Okay, but I'm also getting alot less turnovers (Williams is tied for the league lead in that category) and a far better defensive player (Conley is leading the league in steals this year). If that wasn't the case then this wouldn't even be a topic, but because of that Conley has a higher win shares then Williams does and therefore you can't say its a slam dunk Williams over Conley. The only reason I would even take Williams over Conley is because of Williams' performance in years past, not this year.

Defense I think is the one aspect of Williams' game where I don't think he's really tried to improve at all since coming into the league. He was good defensively when he came in, but now I don't regard as much more then an average defender at best.

That's probably also why I'm so down on Williams because I just view him as a lazy player. This shouldn't even be a discussion because Derron Williams is a far more talented player then Mike Conley will ever be yet, from what I can see the two are basically neck and neck and its because of turnovers and defense. That's usually due to lack of concentration and lack of effort respectively. If Derron Williams was never a good defensive player or dumb with the basketball it could be excused, but he has been a good defensive player and has been good with the basketball in the past.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For people wanting the Kings to be in Seattle, you will be disappointed. Apparently, the Maloofs and the city will combine to make the new arena in SacTown. Overall, this is excellent news for the NBA and will make expansion more possible. Also Sacramentoans won't pay taxes. Heres the Story: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/28/4297999/mayor-johnson-pressed-maloofs.html

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

For people wanting the Kings to be in Seattle, you will be disappointed. Apparently, the Maloofs and the city will combine to make the new arena in SacTown. Overall, this is excellent news for the NBA and will make expansion more possible. Also Sacramentoans won't pay taxes. Heres the Story: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/28/4297999/mayor-johnson-pressed-maloofs.html

Ermmm, no.

This league is only just keeping 30 teams afloat.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Ermmm, no.

This league is only just keeping 30 teams afloat.

Exactly. If anything, a couple teams should be eliminated. Charlotte and New Orleans come to mind.

BB52Big.jpg

And Lamar Odom's "season of malaise" continues.

DALLAS -- Lamar Odom will not be with the Dallas Mavericks for the next two games because he reportedly is in Los Angeles with his father, who is ill. Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said Odom will miss tonight's game against the New Jersey Nets and Wednesday's road game at Memphis.

"Lamar is going to not be with us these two games and then we'll update everybody on Thursday as to where we're at,'' Carlisle said after this morning's shoot around at American Airlines Center. "He's got a tough situation he's going through, we're very supportive as a franchise and we'll let you know Thursday where we at.''

Asked how do the Mavs move forward without Odom during this period of time, Carlisle said: "Well, I think I just answered that. We're going to go with the guys we've got.''

The Mavs are refuting reports out of Los Angeles that Odom wants the Mavs to buy him out of his contract so he can play elsewhere. Owner Mark Cuban said a buyout will not take place.

"We have not discussed a buyout,'' Cuban said, "and we will not buy him out under any circumstances.''

At least two sources told the Star-Telegram that Odom wants to return to Los Angeles, where his career began, and play for the Clippers. And at the NBA All-Star Weekend in Orlando, at least two players and a high-ranking NBA offiicial said they heard Odom wanted out of Dallas.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/mavs/2012/02/odom-out-for-two-games-wont-get-a-buyout.html#storylink=cpy

So the Clippers organization just :censored: on one of their most loyal fans.

Clipper Darrell should turn heel and become "Hollywood" Laker Darrell at the next Clipper-Laker game. :lol:

Now that's an NBA game I'd love to see.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

No, they simply asked him to stop using their name and intellectual property without permission... but of course, anything the Clippers do at all is pretty much red meat for the media. If he was Laker Darrell and the Lakers asked him to stop, everyone would be slurping them for their legal savvy. :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No, because if Laker Darrell had been doing his act for all these years through their championship seasons and they never thought to do anything about it, we'd say they failed to defend their intellectual property, and, why, that wouldn't be very savvy at all.

I guess it would be like if the Cubs tried to file a restraining order against Ronnie Woo Woo. Except I don't think Clipper Darrell smells like piss. And I don't think girls try to pose with Clipper Darrell because they regard him as some sort of human curiosity. Wait, these two scenarios are nothing alike!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And by the way, the Clippers have given free season tickets to Clipper Darrell for years, let him ride on the team plane in 2006 during the playoff run, let him do his act every single game for decades, and even offered him more free tickets in exchange for him not promoting himself as an official team spokesman.

If that's :censored:ting on your fans, then please feel free to :censored: on me, Clippers!

xLmjWVv.png

"He is not actually a fan of the Clippers, but a fan of what he can make off of the Clippers. We are no longer interested in that kind of association with him, and that is why we accepted his offer to remove our team name from his stage name."

That makes absolutely no sense. The man was there when they were :censored: ty & he was there when wearing Clippers stuff anywhere got you laughed at. This seriously reeks of "We're actually a draw now, we don't need you anymore, toodles!"

"He is not actually a fan of the Clippers, but a fan of what he can make off of the Clippers. We are no longer interested in that kind of association with him, and that is why we accepted his offer to remove our team name from his stage name."

That makes absolutely no sense. The man was there when they were :censored: ty & he was there when wearing Clippers stuff anywhere got you laughed at. This seriously reeks of "We're actually a draw now, we don't need you anymore, toodles!"

gotta agree TFoA...It's a bad PR move and if they had a problem with it they could have dealt with it sometime over the past 15 years. And that press release, saying that one of your biggest fans is not a fan, wow.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The Timberwolves have a new campaign were they are calling themselves the TimberTrolls.....

Here they are spoofing Family Matters.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Here's another thing that probably explains why the Clippers are cracking down on Clipper Darrell's antics - apparently, he went on a radio show and alleged that the organization was tampering with Dwight Howard.

Not that the truth matters, of course, as long as everyone gets an opportunity to get their digs in at the team and its fans.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived