2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

One player with over 50 points, another with over 40, and another with a triple-double for Oklahoma City. Forget the Heat. Forget the Lob City Clippers. Forget Jeremy Lin and the Knicks. There is no team that can win a best-of-seven series against the thunder.

And it will piss me off to no end to see Clayton Bennett hoisting the O'Brien Trophy in June.

I don't know, man. Let's not get too carried away. I'm not saying they can't win it, but lets wait until they win it to complain about them winning it. Remember all the lamenting over that Heat championship at this point last season...? Exactly.

If this team can't develop some consistency on defense, they could have problems. However, Durant and Westbrook are still puppies and have their best ahead of them...together.

The Thunder aren't winning jack until they add another scorer.

They'e got Kevin Durant, who is an elite level scorer, Russell Westbrook, a great scorer, and James Harden off the bench, who could easily drop 20 a night. Who else do they need?

Exactly. They have more pure scorers than pretty much any team in the NBA. OKC has some problems, but scoring isn't on of them.

One player with over 50 points, another with over 40, and another with a triple-double for Oklahoma City. Forget the Heat. Forget the Lob City Clippers. Forget Jeremy Lin and the Knicks. There is no team that can win a best-of-seven series against the thunder.

Wow, overreaction much? You do realize that even with Durant and Westbrook's scoring frenzy, the Thunder still almost lost the game, right?

The Mavs dispatched pretty much the same Thunder team with relative ease in the playoffs last season. I don't see a reason why the Heat or Clippers couldn't beat them in the playoffs this season.

Any solid defensive team should give OKC problems. Could they win it all? Yes. Will they? Maybe. Will they dominate every team they face. Hell no.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it will piss me off to no end to see Clayton Bennett hoisting the O'Brien Trophy in June.

I don't know, man. Let's not get too carried away. I'm not saying they can't win it, but lets wait until they win it to complain about them winning it. Remember all the lamenting over that Heat championship at this point last season...? Exactly.

If this team can't develop some consistency on defense, they could have problems. However, Durant and Westbrook are still puppies and have their best ahead of them...together.

They'e got Kevin Durant, who is an elite level scorer, Russell Westbrook, a great scorer, and James Harden off the bench, who could easily drop 20 a night. Who else do they need?

Ray Allen. Seriously though, I don't think those three are enough to carry the Thunder to a title. I could be wrong. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Ray Allen. Seriously though, I don't think those three are enough to carry the Thunder to a title. I could be wrong. B)

Good gosh...if that were to actually happen (not saying it will), then that team would REALLY be frightening to try to defend. (And Ray-Ray actually has some defensive skill, so there's that.)

That said...I don't think we're trying to see another Mike D'Antoni-ish team out west, fun as run-and-gun can be to see sometimes.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Knicks need to trade Anthony for a boatload of draft picks and a few players that are specially engineered for a Jeremy Lin led offense. Because Anthony and Lin will never work together. Anthony is too selfish.

I totally agree with you, ANYTHINGCHICAGO. Carmelo Anthony is a great player, but not a winner. Dude can put up big numbers, but absolutely cannot carry a team. The one and only time any of his teams made a great run was when the Nuggets made the WCF after acquiring Chauncey Billups, who transformed denver into "HIS team", not Melo's.

6uXNWAo.png

Good gosh...if that were to actually happen (not saying it will), then that team would REALLY be frightening to try to defend. (And Ray-Ray actually has some defensive skill, so there's that.)

That said...I don't think we're trying to see another Mike D'Antoni-ish team out west, fun as run-and-gun can be to see sometimes.

Ray Allen was just my suggestion. But he does illustrate my point. My opinion is that the Thunder needs a player like a Ray Allen (another scorer) to round out their team. (Like getting a "Ray Allen" is as easy as I'm making it sound B))

BB52Big.jpg

Oden's going to be a bust legend. Guy might as well just get a wheelchair.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Maybe Greg Oden can make the paralympic team for wheelchair basketball.

He'd probably get his fingers caught in the spokes and endure 15 years of corrective hand surgery.

Here's a preview of Oden's retirement speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVVuKlcNJYA

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ray Allen was just my suggestion. But he does illustrate my point. My opinion is that the Thunder needs a player like a Ray Allen (another scorer) to round out their team. (Like getting a "Ray Allen" is as easy as I'm making it sound B))

Ain't no telling who the Thunders would have to trade to get a Ray-Ray type...but you do make a very good point, and one I completely skipped over: veteran leadership. Given the right type of veteran, that type of resource is invaluable to a still-young-and-developing team such as OKC.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Unless that other scorer can play some lock down perimeter defense, I don't really see another scorer helping the Thunder all that much, because he's taking shots from better players. While I have to disagree with them needing another scorer, any team could benefit from adding a lethal spot up shooter like Ray Allen. There could also be a huge gain in adding a still ballin' ass veteran presence to a team that's still wet behind the ears, breath smelling like Similac. Provided said ballin' ass veteran isn't a locker room cancer and comes in fully knowing it's The Durantula's team.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Unless that other scorer can play some lock down perimeter defense, I don't really see another scorer helping the Thunder all that much, because he's taking shots from better players. While I have to disagree with them needing another scorer, any team could benefit from adding a lethal spot up shooter like Ray Allen. There could also be a huge gain in adding a still ballin' ass veteran presence to a team that's still wet behind the ears, breath smelling like Similac. Provided said ballin' ass veteran isn't a locker room cancer and comes in fully knowing it's The Durantula's team.

That's where we differ. I see a third legit scoring threat as opening it up more for Durant and Westbrook. The new guy isn't taking away shots. The new guy is adding shots that aren't there. If a team has three threats to worry about instead of two, it creates more shots.

BB52Big.jpg

That's where we differ. I see a third legit scoring threat as opening it up more for Durant and Westbrook. The new guy isn't taking away shots. The new guy is adding shots that aren't there. If a team has three threats to worry about instead of two, it creates more shots.

Don't sleep on James Harden, 'Red. The dude can ball. He's already their third scorer. He can get buckets in bunches. It's the beard isn't it? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Don't sleep on James Harden, 'Red. The dude can ball. He's already their third scorer. He can get buckets in bunches. It's the beard isn't it? :P

Fear the Beard :P. Given the chance and how young Harden is he could be a great sixth man down the road. If only he would at least trim that beard however.

Archived