2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Wait a minute...

Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS

Players who came out of meeting called by Howard today in San Antonio have given conflicting accounts about what Howard said, sources say.

Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS

Some came away thinking Howard said he was “all in” for the rest of the season, while others thought he meant next season, sources say.

TripleFacePalm.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike D'Antoni resigns. The NYK fallout has begun.

I'd take him over Vinny in a landslide.

Vinny Del Negro is basically just a clone of Mike D'Antoni as seen in the 1996 Michael Keaton film Multiplicity, in that he's basically the same guy except there's just enough data missing for him to be kind of spacey and creepy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wouldn't call it crazy because Bogut is a far better defensive player then Bynum is who for a center I would even say is somewhat of a liability, although looking at his numbers he does seemed to have picked it up some this year. That may be due to Mike Brown who will force you to play defense.

I myself always look at Bynum being overated because of his lack of defense but if he's picked it up the way he seems to have he may no longer be overated.

Bynum was overrated until this year. Now he is legitimately the second-best player on our team, and second-best center. Looking at both players stats, Bynum is better in every single category and I think teams account more for Bynum when preparing an offensive game-plan then Bogut. Don't get me wrong, Bogut is a fine player, he's just not as good as Bynum offensively and defensively.

Andrew has stepped it up big time this year lol. And good thing too. If he weren't starting to become dominant, these Lakers would have barely squeaked into the playoffs only to lose in the first-round. Now we have a good shot at a deep playoff run. Personally, I think we'll lose to Oklahoma City in the West Finals.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Adrian Wojnarowski: Three Magic players tell Y! Sports (2 to @Marc J. Spears) and one to me that Dwight Howard did not tell them he was opting in for next year. now

Read more: http://hoopshype.com...l#ixzz1p7tZeCUJ

The Dwightmare continues to get stupider.

Well you knew it was too simple to be true.

He doesn't want to play in Orlando but at the same he doesn't want to make anyone upset with his decision. He does not want to be viewed in the same light as LeBron.

The end result is you have a player who's undecisive about his future and you can't negotiate with somebody who's undecisive.

One player who will NOT be traded at the deadline...Dwight Howard?!

All of this hullabaloo over wanting to get traded (to the point where he had a list of destinations (but rejected Chicago for stupid reasons), New Jersey briefly had Dwight Howard t-shirts up for sale, and trade rumors were rampant ALL SEASON), & not only does Dwight stay in Orlando, he does so willingly. He's not even going to opt out of his contract & become a free agent this summer, he has basically locked himself in for next season!

Ladies & gentlemen, we have been trolled.

He told the Magic's Fox Sports affiliate that he has changed his mind & will not sign the opt-in clause.

wik0hs.jpg

I think what the Knicks want is a coach that will build the team around Carmelo Anthony and win because they are not going to admit failure on that deal.

I think Dolan's going to be very disappointed if that's the case. What maniac would take on that job?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think what the Knicks want is a coach that will build the team around Carmelo Anthony and win because they are not going to admit failure on that deal.

I think Dolan's going to be very disappointed if that's the case. What maniac would take on that job?

I would imagine they are either going to get a retread head coach or a no name assistant because any name coach is going to want to have some type of say in how the team operates. So I would say forget Phil Jackson, forget Jerry Sloan or either Van Gundy.

Its the only team in the NBA where you don't know who is calling the shots. There's been rapant rumors that Isiah Thomas never really left the Knicks and they don't have a GM. Its just an absolute mess there. You have a star player who knows he's untouchable, no accountability for any front office decisions made because nobody is in charge and a brutal media to deal with that is bascially convinced Carmelo Anthony is the guy to lead the Knicks to the promise land. (Although they have started to turn on him some)

The only thing that might allow the Knicks to get a decent head coach is the amount of money they will have to spend on one. So maybe they get somebody like Bob Hill or dig up somebody like Mike Fratello. Maybe not good enough to win but they will at least keep the players from trying to kill each other.

http://deadspin.com/...ive-free-throws

Blake Griffin airballs consecutive free throws. *facepalm*

How... how... is that possible? I don't care who it is, but a NBA player air-balling two free-throws?

It happens sometimes. Its not like Griffin is the greatest free throw shooter in the world to begin with and may or may not be lazy in this area because he's starting to approach Shaq territory with his free throw percentage. He's also taking about 8 shots a game from the line so he does need to pick it up and maybe work a little less on the highlight reel dunks.

The line starts to the left.

D'Antoni was before last season the highest paid coach in the NBA at $6M/year. Only Doc Rivers gets more. Heck, only Rivers, Lovie Smith, Shanahan, Pete Carrol and Billichek were higher paid as a pro coach. If you have that payroll and the possibility of paying the new luxury tax, one cannot roll out a coach working for $2M.

Let's say Calipari wins the NCAA title this year, who is to say that either NYK or WAS throws cash at him a second time? I could easily see him going to WAS and work with John Wall again with control of basketball ops.

D'Antoni was before last season the highest paid coach in the NBA at $6M/year. Only Doc Rivers gets more. Heck, only Rivers,

won a championship

Shanahan,

won two championships

Pete Carrol

won college championships

Billichek

won three championships and is architect of dynasty

Lovie Smith,

50285_272396358171_1287628_q.jpgis our quarterback

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Let's say Calipari wins the NCAA title this year, who is to say that either NYK or WAS throws cash at him a second time? I could easily see him going to WAS and work with John Wall again with control of basketball ops.

Why the :censored: would you leave Kentucky for either of those dumpster fires? Sure the fans are insane, but its a good job until the NCAA shows up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived