International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been following this thread for months and I couldn't figure out how to register (the validation email was sent to my spam folder) but I finally figured it out and my first post is on this thread for a reason. The names, the uniforms, the cities, the scoreboards, everything is so impressive. You are very talented and I applaud you for a such a fantastic thread.

Id really consider an expansion team in Australia instead of Beijing or Mumbai because rugby is really popular there and since there is American influence, there would be a better chance that people would come to games. Beijing and Mumbai, (unlike Tokyo or Munich) don't really have much American influence, so I understand that you were going for major economic centers, but I think the Sydney Roos would be awesome!

Again, this is my favorite series on these boards and the quality of your work is beyond professional.

Here's another division alignment chart with some flags to pretty it up:

New_Logosvg-rect4400-4294966862.png

And the Beijing Dragons are the first expansion team on deck!

While trying to stick with the red and gold national colors, I didn't wan't them looking like the Chicago Blazers, so I started researching old pics of Chinese dragon art. They are either depicted bronzed or painted full of color. Mostly greens, purples, golds and reds. I think the purple goes perfectly in the mix...

Beijing__Logo_svg-rect5782-4294966408.png

Beijing__Home_Uniform_svg-rect5590-0-806.png

Beijing__Road_Uniform_svg-rect5590-0-211.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Here's the pants with some purple on them. Quite simple, but has a 'castle flag' quality about it.

I decided to introduce a couple more ideas with this concept. First off, I made the numbers look a little closer to the wordmark. And then I added a sponsor patch on the shoulder. NFL Europe and the Arena League did this, and I was considering adding patches to each team with a sponsor specific to the teams location (i.e. Great Wall Motors based in China, maybe SONY or Nintendo for the Tokyo Shoguns, Boeing for Chicago, etc.).

Let me know what you think of these ideas! I'll take sponsor suggestions too, if you guys would like to see this on the unis.

Beijing__Home_Uniform_svg-rect5590-0-4294967180.png

Beijing__Road_Uniform_svg-rect5590-0-4294966609.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Maybe the sponsor patch could go on the back of the jersey under the number and expand it a tad, as this is the area mostly seen on telecasts.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I have a better name for the European Division -- the Europa Division (similar to NFL Europe's final season in 2007, when it was called NFL Europa); likewise, the Asian Division should be re-branded the Asia-Oceania Division (even though Australia doesn't have a team... yet).

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived