Revamps from Midway

Midway

Recently I stumbled upon pictures of the throwback uniforms Colorado wore in 2009 and remembered how much I loved the horned helmets so I wanted to create a set with them in mind, while also giving the Buffaloes a simple, iconic look. I tried to emphasize a few elements similar to those from the Dan Hawkins era while keeping the identity clean to make the the uniforms distinct from Army.

It's not too busy but I feel I can incorporate stripes and more silver into it, especially on the away. Any thoughts on how to do so are welcome

colorado7.png

Midway.png

Put some silver on other parts of the uniform and you're good.

I would like silver pants.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I don't like the shade of gold. Vegas gold would look so much better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I really like where this is going. The helmet looks great, and as bucknut said, the gold with the horns really works. I like the simplicity of the jersey and pants as well, and the silver on the home is a nice touch.

There are a couple things to improve on though. I'm with CRichardson on the shade of gold, and I feel like the numbers are a little too italic. I would also change the belt on the road set to black.

Put some silver on other parts of the uniform and you're good.

I would like silver pants.

Don't do this. Gold, black/white, silver would look awful.

Here's a quick revision. Looks good to me but now I think Army when I see it. I don't know whether it needs more silver, or some kinda striping. Originally I wanted to try a ruffed bison mane around the shoulders kinda like the Ducks wings but that would be veering off the lasting look I was aiming for. Thoughts?

coloradoB.png

Midway.png

The new pants scream Iowa, and the color mix is kinda Purdue-ish.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The new pants scream Iowa, and the color mix is kinda Purdue-ish.

But Iowa wears yellow pants and Colorado and Purdue have the same colors. When you have 120 teams there's gonna be similarities between schools. At least Colorado isn't in the same conference as those two teams. (*cough* Nebraska and Wisconsin *cough*)

• 4 weeks later...

It's been some time but I decided to continue this thread under a new name. So let's get started B)

There's been some speculation that the Seahawks will be reverting back to silver helmets during the 2012-13 season with Nike taking over the uniforms leaguewide. Using colors from some logos I've seen I came up with a set which I think could be similar to what they might actually be sporting next season. This concept in particular took me a really long time to finish up but I think I've settled on something solid here. I'd still like to leave this design open to suggestion to make this work more cohesively with what they've worn in the past so c&c much appreciated.

If this set perseveres I'll add a neon green alternate. Possibly faux-back style...

shawks4.png

Midway.png

All of those colors work so great together. I initially didn't like the sound of navy, silver, and lime green together, but it looks fantastic.

Basically this. I can't approve of gradients of any kind, so the numbers are out, but yes - this is a great foundation.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

All of those colors work so great together. I initially didn't like the sound of navy, silver, and lime green together, but it looks fantastic.

Basically this. I can't approve of gradients of any kind, so the numbers are out, but yes - this is a great foundation.

x3 on the colours. The silver isn't crazy, the navy is a great base colour, and the neon green just pops.

And I took the number gradients to mean they were shiny/metallic. I have no opposition to that with the silver numbers.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

x3 on the colours. The silver isn't crazy, the navy is a great base colour, and the neon green just pops.

And I took the number gradients to mean they were shiny/metallic. I have no opposition to that with the silver numbers.

Good eye. A metallic finish is what I was going for but I see where people can get mixed up. Thanks guys for the feedback!

Midway.png

Try making the road pants blue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived