College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Forgive me if this been touched on, but on Maryland's set... have we seen the back of the pants? Notice the yellow and black stripe is on the outside and INSIDE of both legs. I wonder where that stripe on the inside connects/terminates at the top.

To answer your question...

texas-tech-wounded-warrior-project-e1320775758224.jpg

The yellow/black trim on the mew Maryland sets is the same as the red piping trim seen here. The piping follows the template seams of the pants as well as the jerseys. Northwestern's new uniforms don't have that piping, but they are of the same template.

(It should be noted that Auburn's current uniforms are also of this same template, which explains why their pants stripes are truncated at the bottom. Here's a good [read: large] picture for reference.)

auburn-tigers-carolina-gamecocks-sec-college-football-brett-flashnick-2011-0009.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't actually explain it for Auburn since the top of the stripe looks normal (and doesn't follow the template). IMO, it just just like the Nike flywire collar being another color on NFL teams. No real reason for it other than so people will connect it to the mfg.

that 1980s thing of white face mask on a white helmet is making a comeback.

I rather see white-on-white than gray facemask on white.

I concur, unless it is a school or team color then see how it works.

what if grey is the more appropriate choice? like the Colts. you would rather sacrifice brand communication for a personal aesthetic preference?

So you think that their current gray looks better than the blue they used wear?

Gray:

ind-colts-revolution.jpg

Blue:

3881d_colts-tb-95-03.jpg

I will take the blue everytime over the gray facemask.

When the Colts first changed to the grey facemask, I thought the helmet suddenly looked 10x better but couldn't figure out what it was. It was the faccemask. Since then, I noticed that the common denominator in some of my favorite helmets was that they had a grey facemask. I don't like it for all teams but there are very few teams that I think should get rid of them.

Concur. For some, gray is the best choice... even for some without gray in the uniform.

292977_403076486407868_1788723589_n.jpg

I'm still not convinced that's a stripe...

[/sarcasm]

as some guy on facebook pointed out, if you zoom in on the facemask above the stripe, you can see the words ARMY

Even without that, I don't see how anyone thinks this is anything other than Army's helmet.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

what if grey is the more appropriate choice? like the Colts. you would rather sacrifice brand communication for a personal aesthetic preference?

Gray:

ind-colts-revolution.jpg

Blue:

3881d_colts-tb-95-03.jpg

When the Colts first changed to the grey facemask, I thought the helmet suddenly looked 10x better but couldn't figure out what it was. It was the faccemask. Since then, I noticed that the common denominator in some of my favorite helmets was that they had a grey facemask. I don't like it for all teams but there are very few teams that I think should get rid of them.

yes aesthetically, i prefer the grey over blue (and the darker blue they switched to at the same time). the royal blue is too much contrast. but more importantly they want that old school Baltimore look. its the proper choice

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

[/sarcasm]

as some guy on facebook pointed out, if you zoom in on the facemask above the stripe, you can see the words ARMY

Even without that, I don't see how anyone thinks this is anything other than Army's helmet.

you would be surprised if you looked at the comments on HGI's facebook;

the general public really doesn't know any better and has no clue what their teams can and can't get. most of them thought this was penn state

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

[/sarcasm]

you would be surprised if you looked at the comments on HGI's facebook;

the general public really doesn't know any better and has no clue what their teams can and can't get. most of them thought this was penn state

Yea I saw the comments on facebook. I was one of the people to post on it saying it was Army. I can see how a lot of people would think it is Penn State, but most of us here would know better.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Adidas really needs to rethink the placement of that logo. Maybe it's just the former Soldier in me, but when I see a stack like that it reads as a hierarchy in that adidas places itself above the team/program. (Not that the other two major manufacturers don't also carry that mindset, but neither has yet gone with a front-and-center placement of their brand logo as yet, not that I can remember, anyway.)

Beyond that, the unis are what they are.

(Does Rice still have the blackletter "R" on their helmets? I've always liked that monogram...though someone should talk them into putting the owl wings back on those lids.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Nike and Under Armour's logos aren't very far off. It's not much of a difference.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

^ I do not disagree...it is also one of my faves.

Adidas really needs to rethink the placement of that logo. Maybe it's just the former Soldier in me, but when I see a stack like that it reads as a hierarchy in that adidas places itself above the team/program. (Not that the other two major manufacturers don't also carry that mindset, but neither has yet gone with a front-and-center placement of their brand logo as yet, not that I can remember, anyway.)

(Does Rice still have the blackletter "R" on their helmets? I've always liked that monogram...though someone should talk them into putting the owl wings back on those lids.)

Nike used to put its logo at the tip of the collar on Michigan's jersey, and I believe they did with Oregon in the early days of their revolution. There was no team name below in those instances, though.

Evidence:

T_brady_michigan_WIDE.jpg

s_jharrington_sp.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Gray:

ind-colts-revolution.jpg

Blue:

3881d_colts-tb-95-03.jpg

yes aesthetically, i prefer the grey over blue (and the darker blue they switched to at the same time). the royal blue is too much contrast. but more importantly they want that old school Baltimore look. its the proper choice

To each their own, but for me the gray is not aesthetically pleasing to my eyes for team that have no gray in their color scheme. I think the 49ers, Browns, Texas A&M, and USC would look so much better by using red, white, white, and red for their respective sets.

spacer.png

Gray:

ind-colts-revolution.jpg

Blue:

3881d_colts-tb-95-03.jpg

To each their own, but for me the gray is not aesthetically pleasing to my eyes for team that have no gray in their color scheme. I think the 49ers, Browns, Texas A&M, and USC would look so much better by using red, white, white, and red for their respective sets.

But USC doesn't have any red in its color scheme. That would look really weird.

If the Colts absolutely HAD to ditch those fantastic blue facemasks, couldn't they have just gone with white facemasks? Those would stand out less than the gray ones but would still match their color scheme.

I think the white ones stand out more because they contrast much more with a players face and the background of the game.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If the Colts absolutely HAD to ditch those fantastic blue facemasks, couldn't they have just gone with white facemasks? Those would stand out less than the gray ones but would still match their color scheme.

they had that in the 80s/90s. if i were doing something completely new and modern i would definitely consider white on white, its a cool clean look but its not old-school-Unitas-like at all

yea its crowded there. i think having them on the chest is the best way to go. at least from the options we've seen. if i were in charge of things, the logos would be on the back of the neck, above the name-on-back. works well in baseball and hockey

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

yea its crowded there. i think having them on the chest is the best way to go. at least from the options we've seen. if i were in charge of things, the logos would be on the back of the neck, above the name-on-back. works well in baseball and hockey

You think that's crowded, IU has a wordmark, an Adidas logo and a B1G logo all in the same basic space on the same cut jersey.

AzVBZAHCAAAgwzV.jpg

Archived