College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

The more I look at Houston's new stuff, the more I love it... the helmet in particular is a massive upgrade. The old one looks high schoolish by comparison.

The whole uniform looks high schoolish to me. Beveled logo, Mizzou template, generic red and white, grey on the helmet logo but nowhere else on the uniform.

The new logos were introduced this year as part of a larger rebranding effort by the entire University (we have new academic logos as well). It's my understanding that next year will see a new uni design as part of the move to the Big East.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at Houston's new stuff, the more I love it... the helmet in particular is a massive upgrade. The old one looks high schoolish by comparison.

The whole uniform looks high schoolish to me. Beveled logo, Mizzou template, generic red and white, grey on the helmet logo but nowhere else on the uniform.

The new logos were introduced this year as part of a larger rebranding effort by the entire University (we have new academic logos as well). It's my understanding that next year will see a new uni design as part of the move to the Big East.

I know and I expect something new, too. Just commenting on what they have now and what the OP said.

My link

Penn State Announces Changes to 2012 Football Uniform

Aug. 7, 2012

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - When they take the field at Beaver Stadium for their 126th season, The Pennsylvania State University football team will wear uniforms featuring a blue ribbon to support all victims of child abuse. Also, for the first time, the names of each football player will adorn their jersey in recognition of their resolve and dedication to the team and the University.

"The Penn State community stands with all victims of child abuse," said Acting Athletic Director David Joyner. "Coach Bill O'Brien and his football team made it clear they want to support victims and bring more awareness to this issue, which affects so many."

"I'm proud that our players want to be part of the University's efforts to help victims of child abuse," O'Brien said. "We hope our fans join us in wearing blue ribbons to all Penn State home games. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of children everywhere."

Coach O'Brien says after speaking with some members of the team, they made the decision together to add names to the uniforms. Players indicated the names on their jerseys also mean they will hold each other accountable to uphold the traditions of Penn State football, both on and off the field.

"We want our fans to know and recognize these young men," O'Brien said. "They have stuck together during tough times, and I commend them for the leadership they have shown. Moving forward, I'm deeply committed to honoring Penn State's traditions, while building a bright future for our football program."

O'Brien's Lions began practice Monday in preparation for the Sept. 1 season opener vs. Ohio at 12 p.m. Season and single game tickets are now on sale for the 2012 Penn State football season. For information on joining the Nittany Lion Club, purchasing season and single game tickets, as well as club seating in Beaver Stadium, fans can go to www.GoPSUsports.com/tickets or call 1-800-648-8269 (1-800-NITTANY) weekdays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The pricing of 2012 Penn State football game tickets and accompanying donation levels is the same as in 2011.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Colorado State has new uniforms for this season.

Old Uniforms

112611_AirForceCSU6sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg

New Uniforms

Azn0X2ICUAEPMTe.jpg

Upgrade of the century as long as the helmet is the same.

whoa Colorado State had those old uniforms for like one year and there already changing.

That's because somebody realized that putting tiny curly hairs all over the players sleeve was, in fact, a bad idea.

I agree. IMO, it's a lateral move. These uniforms are TOO plain. TV numbers would really help.

Good point.

Oh no like Maryland needed any more uniforms.

215473_10151139033491287_2100606802_n.jpg

422301_10151139032816287_1239553995_n.jpg

Bravo for the return of the black and yellow Nike detailing, now of only they could return to the old Nike font. Great helmet and much better uniforms this year.

I love that black and yellow stripe, but I think it would work best as a standard straight line from hip to knee, as if it connected to the sock stripe, which I love.

New University of Houston helmet and patch for final season at Robertson Stadium. Only thing that irks me about the patch is that UH only played full seasons there from 1942-1950 and from 1998 til now, but that would be silly to put on the patch.

IMAG1969-600x338.jpg

IMAG1970-600x338.jpg

Note that these pics suffered due to some weird lighting that made everything look kinda orange-ish. The Chron has replaced them with new pics:

uhmediaday_573-600x401.jpg

robertson_stadium_final_season_patch.jpg

EDIT: one more pic...

486520_10151329142849062_267777277_n.jpg

I normally do not like beveled looks, but that new helmet is a major upgrade. Now only if their uniforms looks at good as the helmet then this would be a great set. Thankfully Adidas is not their supplier.

So, what you're saying is, the Nike uniform isn't good enough, but thankfully they're not an adidas team?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

From Brent Yarina of Big Ten Network:

Changes to Penn State unis: Blue ribbon to support all victims of child abuse and names on back of jerseys.

translation: "this is all we could whip up with the season right around the corner and we discussed helmet decals but felt that was too drastic. and who doesn't love ribbon decals to generate awareness"

I think that the VT camo helmet would look better with an orange VT logo rather than a maroon one.

It would have looked like a hunter out in the woods wearing his orange safety vest.

camouflaged-hunter-thumb20734106.jpgVTechcamohelmet.jpg

spacer.png

I think that the VT camo helmet would look better with an orange VT logo rather than a maroon one.

It would have looked like a hunter out in the woods wearing his orange safety vest.

they better wear orange jerseys and camo pants or I'm gonna be pissed.

It's been back for a while. There are 11 teams in FBS that wear white helmets with white facemasks and several have been wearing them for years now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

they better wear orange jerseys and camo pants or I'm gonna be pissed.

umm... these are for the wounded warrior project right? not the wounded hunter project?.. and if the troops are wearing orange, thats probably how they got wounded in the first place.

Archived