College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Anyone notice the weird variation of the Pac 12 logo on the unis? It was the same way in the Rose bowl, but it doesn't have the mountain or the negative space circle around the 12 (which is now much bigger) and it seems to be proportionally shorter than the full logo.

Now, basic research seems to say this has always been the jersey incarnation of the Pac 12 logo. Why? The full logo isn't that complex...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new Ball State unis (sans black):

484509_415192075194334_1847168187_n.jpg

Now they look like Rutgers! Just kidding. It's a cleaner look and with the white helmets it'll be a nice improvement.

I preferred Ball State with black highlights but predominantly red and white uni items, it helped distinguish them from IU. Now IU just needs to stop their losing streak against Balls Tate.

Anyone notice the weird variation of the Pac 12 logo on the unis? It was the same way in the Rose bowl, but it doesn't have the mountain or the negative space circle around the 12 (which is now much bigger) and it seems to be proportionally shorter than the full logo.

Now, basic research seems to say this has always been the jersey incarnation of the Pac 12 logo. Why? The full logo isn't that complex...

it probably is a bit too complex at that scale for embroidery. at least the mountain. and im not sure how the circle-12 would look or if it could be done well in 1 color or not. i think they have a good solution there, but you definitely would rather see more consistency. something to always think about with logos. never forget how/where it will be used.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Wasnt it this way for the one glorious year of the new Pac10 logo?

It probably has to do with the fact that the 12 gets bigger on the simplified patch. Whatever the reason I think this simpler version looks better as a patch than the full.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I dig the new Oregon uni, but I do miss the wings. Feather pattern is a nice touch on the shoulders, though, and maybe we'll see the wings on a helmet again after last year's chrome Rose Bowl look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I dig the new Oregon uni, but I do miss the wings. Feather pattern is a nice touch on the shoulders, though, and maybe we'll see the wings on a helmet again after last year's chrome Rose Bowl look.

The evidence says otherwise:

483977_269780813127595_429336127_n.jpg

The wings on the helmet were stupid and ugly. Wings on shoulders/sleeves = makes sense. Wings on head = nonsense.

The evidence says otherwise:

483977_269780813127595_429336127_n.jpg

The wings on the helmet were stupid and ugly. Wings on shoulders/sleeves = makes sense. Wings on head = nonsense.

If you're gonna get technical, shouldn't the wings starts at the players' shoulder blades rather than their pectorals?

"Kid" was the high yellow one. And either way, be glad ol' boy in the photo above ain't got the Gumby going on.

(Imma hope he ain't got no rat-tail going on, neither...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

487711_414508138594881_1926360567_n.jpg

I didn't care for the helmet (I prefer school colors), but these might be my favorite uniforms in college football... the numbers are just plain ingenious. I hope they stick with them (but I'm not counting on it).

Via HGI's Facebook page:

I'm hope to god they don't go with these uniforms. The wings were the best thing that Oregon could've possible come up with. Now, we're going to have a plastic mush over our uniform, and it's going to look ugly. If they would've made the wings silver, that would've been a different story, but the plastic is not going to be recognizable in action.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I didn't care for the helmet (I prefer school colors), but these might be my favorite uniforms in college football... the numbers are just plain ingenious. I hope they stick with them (but I'm not counting on it).

I love the numbers too. My only complaint is that the feathers are hard to see sometimes.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Via HGI's Facebook page:

I'm hope to god they don't go with these uniforms. The wings were the best thing that Oregon could've possible come up with. Now, we're going to have a plastic mush over our uniform, and it's going to look ugly. If they would've made the wings silver, that would've been a different story, but the plastic is not going to be recognizable in action.

i agree the plastic feathers here just look cheap and weird. its a great pattern, but the material is tacky as hell. but i think its good that its a subtle pattern, you dont need to be able to see that from the top of the stadium. think of what it looks like when you're holding it in your hands. its okay to have stuff that only appears when you're that close

my speculation is they will be wearing the Rose Bowl design here as their new template with their helmets we've seen in the past. i think we will see 1 new uniform item. maybe a grey jersey? plus, i think we will see the winged helmet from the Rose Bowl as an alt, but in different colors. maybe it will match these green jerseys. /2cents

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived