College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Why couldn't Oregon just do this against Fresno State?

oregon2.png

YES! +1 on this... But no more carbon pattern ;)

Are you kidding!? Haha, I know this is one of those unpopular opinions, but this is my favorite not-oregons-colors set. Steel // Yellow // Steel My absolute fav. Though I like the concept too.

But this carbon-yellow-steel look is not as good as this one.

Truth.

With the ProCombat stuff I wish they would do some other teams? I feel like these new ones are just going to be regurgitated options from the old ones.

I agree. I would love to see an Illinois Pro Combat Rivalry uniform!

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why couldn't Oregon just do this against Fresno State?

oregon2.png

YES! +1 on this... But no more carbon pattern ;)

Are you kidding!? Haha, I know this is one of those unpopular opinions, but this is my favorite not-oregons-colors set. Steel // Yellow // Steel My absolute fav. Though I like the concept too.

But this carbon-yellow-steel look is not as good as this one.

This +10000. The old carbon helmet looked great with those jerseys.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Are you Truth.

With the ProCombat stuff I wish they would do some other teams? I feel like these new ones are just going to be regurgitated options from the old ones.

That makes one of us.

It would be better than what they're wearing now.

Are you Truth.

That makes one of us.

Not necessarily. Nike could just as easily make something atrocious. My thing is that I don't want the team to have a once-off uniform, especially when we already have three jerseys, three pants and now two helmets. We are already in a position to potentially wear a different uniform combo for each game, and that will only make it worse.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Are you Truth.

That makes one of us.

Not necessarily. Nike could just as easily make something atrocious. My thing is that I don't want the team to have a once-off uniform, especially when we already have three jerseys, three pants and now two helmets. We are already in a position to potentially wear a different uniform combo for each game, and that will only make it worse.

Well Illinois and Nike are currently doing an 18 month rebrand for the entire athletic department. So every team will have new uniforms starting in 2013 or 2014.

They haven't done USC or Oregon (technically) before and they have only done LSU and FSU once.

Oregon's black and neon yellow ensemble from opening night last year was considered part of the rivalry series, as afar as everything I've read is concerned. LSU has participated twice.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

seems like the Pro Combat Rivalry stuff has run its course. Nike has accomplished what they set out to do (bring attention to their new products and push their new design trends) with it most effectively in 2010. its not a big thing now because so many schools have jumped onboard and their competitors have as well.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

They haven't done USC or Oregon (technically) before and they have only done LSU and FSU once.

Oregon's black and neon yellow ensemble from opening night last year was considered part of the rivalry series, as afar as everything I've read is concerned. LSU has participated twice.

Actually, as I've explained before, that was just the home version of their 2010 season bowl game uniforms. Nike chose them along with Boise, Florida and TCU to showcase the new cleats. Part of that was new uniforms. Nike didn't know if those 4 teams would be home or away for bowl games so it made both uniforms for each. Oregon was away vs. Auburn so they worn the home version in 2011 vs. LSU. Boise was home vs. ASU so they wore the away version in 2011 vs. Georgia. Florida's just became their standard home and away uniforms in 2011. And TCU never wore their away versions, but are now auctioning them off here: http://gofrogs.cstvauctions.com/gallery.cfm

seems like the Pro Combat Rivalry stuff has run its course. Nike has accomplished what they set out to do (bring attention to their new products and push their new design trends) with it most effectively in 2010. its not a big thing now because so many schools have jumped onboard and their competitors have as well.

Seems like every high school in tx uses the po combat template. Crazy how popular it is.

Actually, as I've explained before, that was just the home version of their 2010 season bowl game uniforms. Nike chose them along with Boise, Florida and TCU to showcase the new cleats. Part of that was new uniforms. Nike didn't know if those 4 teams would be home or away for bowl games so it made both uniforms for each. Oregon was away vs. Auburn so they worn the home version in 2011 vs. LSU. Boise was home vs. ASU so they wore the away version in 2011 vs. Georgia. Florida's just became their standard home and away uniforms in 2011. And TCU never wore their away versions, but are now auctioning them off here: http://gofrogs.cstvauctions.com/gallery.cfm

Be that as it may, it's still a one-game departure from the established uniform and color palette of the school, which is precisely how uniforms in the Rivalry series are differentiated from regular uniforms and Pro Combat uniforms that are not part of the Rivalry series.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Be that as it may, it's still a one-game departure from the established uniform and color palette of the school, which is precisely how uniforms in the Rivalry series are differentiated from regular uniforms and Pro Combat uniforms that are not part of the Rivalry series.

Not always. There have been a lot of PCR uniforms that used the school colors, just in unusual designs.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not always. There have been a lot of PCR uniforms that used the school colors, just in unusual designs.

That's exactly what I said. The difference between a Rivalry uniform and a regular uniform or non-Rivalry Pro Combat uniform is a departure in uniform design or color palette from what the school normally wears. None of the Rivalry uniforms were the same as the schools' normal uniforms, and Oregon's example fits that mold, which makes it a Rivalry uniform in my opinion.

Oh, my mistake. I misread your post. I somehow missed the "and" between uniform and color.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here are the helmet stickers I mentioned I thought Illinois was wearing Saturday night. The blue ones are given out for production during games. The white sticker is given out for completing everything they're supposed to in the week leading up to the game (going to class, being on time for practice, etc.) The goal is for each player to have twelve white stickers at the end of the season. I think it's kind of dumb to give out stickers for not screwing up, but that's just me. And that's a picture of the backup DE who had one tackle in the first game, so I'm not sure exactly how he has so many blue stickers.

653955750.jpg?key=1184896&Expires=1347339831&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=o1gkJERt~LvSMHw4pEFpqRXD7PhUJ1erAPkHCzoXpzuXUJieslu1SyP2sOFWvlaffzRyoptaUQ8sLnfZyVu6-UJ4ilbx5uQtZ8wAPEWwliTDZEhZQ6EARhJtZV6SR1KKl5tJowfo1NAWQP8jvncFNO7bDPcu-6loVWWP~xz7usU_

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Are you Truth.

That makes one of us.

Well Illinois and Nike are currently doing an 18 month rebrand for the entire athletic department. So every team will have new uniforms starting in 2013 or 2014.

I realize that. I'm sure whatever they pick will include 3 jerseys, 3 pants and 2-3 helmets. As far as I'm concerned, that is way more than enough. No need for a pro combat uniform also.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here are the helmet stickers I mentioned I thought Illinois was wearing Saturday night. The blue ones are given out for production during games. The white sticker is given out for completing everything they're supposed to in the week leading up to the game (going to class, being on time for practice, etc.) The goal is for each player to have twelve white stickers at the end of the season. I think it's kind of dumb to give out stickers for not screwing up, but that's just me. And that's a picture of the backup DE who had one tackle in the first game, so I'm not sure exactly how he has so many blue stickers.

653955750.jpg?key=1184896&Expires=1347339831&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=o1gkJERt~LvSMHw4pEFpqRXD7PhUJ1erAPkHCzoXpzuXUJieslu1SyP2sOFWvlaffzRyoptaUQ8sLnfZyVu6-UJ4ilbx5uQtZ8wAPEWwliTDZEhZQ6EARhJtZV6SR1KKl5tJowfo1NAWQP8jvncFNO7bDPcu-6loVWWP~xz7usU_

I think players get some stickers for team accomplishments. So it's possible for a player to get stickers even if they didn't play.

That's exactly what I said. The difference between a Rivalry uniform and a regular uniform or non-Rivalry Pro Combat uniform is a departure in uniform design or color palette from what the school normally wears. None of the Rivalry uniforms were the same as the schools' normal uniforms, and Oregon's example fits that mold, which makes it a Rivalry uniform in my opinion.

Huh? Your opinion doesn't matter. Either it is a rivalry uniform or it isn't.

Wyoming ordered those new yellow uniforms a couple seasons back and the grey digital camo ones this season. Are those PCR uniforms? Of course not. Florida participated in the same program to debut Nike's new alpha talon cleats, but their uniform looked the exact same (though on a different template), so are you saying you think that was a PCR uniform for Oregon, but not Florida?

Archived