College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, Oregon is listed by Nike as being part of the 2011 Nike Pro-Combat Rivalry Collection. A quick Google search will show that and they're still selling merchandise to go with it.

You're right. They already had the uniforms for them and Boise, so they decided to have both wear them for their first game in 2011. The other weird team in/out of PCR was Clemson in 2009.

Group pictures of all the teams participating are easy to find for 2009 and 2010. Anyone know of one for 2011? I don't feel like I have seen one.

procombat2009main.jpg

76ced2c50d810215058772c416db7ccd.jpg

Here are the helmet stickers I mentioned I thought Illinois was wearing Saturday night. The blue ones are given out for production during games. The white sticker is given out for completing everything they're supposed to in the week leading up to the game (going to class, being on time for practice, etc.) The goal is for each player to have twelve white stickers at the end of the season. I think it's kind of dumb to give out stickers for not screwing up, but that's just me. And that's a picture of the backup DE who had one tackle in the first game, so I'm not sure exactly how he has so many blue stickers.

653955750.jpg?key=1184896&Expires=1347372971&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=AcdmyKDHEcXBdNHRjE~YNMNl-RbrNadmGZIXWvi~lJ-i7lPrPI08GWpXs1B~4SoWx6OuT2HE~ityDW8iezWP2YTQMyhUVYjtCHQEr3262s-j6X-sRMMJQl3oaYpgefecZPlpWRMRtZpFanIxkHuxAoM4qXKavGZOk88SL5Yc5-o_

I think players get some stickers for team accomplishments. So it's possible for a player to get stickers even if they didn't play.

Every player is going to have a blue helmet by the end of the year at this rate...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

For what it's worth, Oregon is listed by Nike as being part of the 2011 Nike Pro-Combat Rivalry Collection. A quick Google search will show that and they're still selling merchandise to go with it.

You're right. They already had the uniforms for them and Boise, so they decided to have both wear them for their first game in 2011. The other weird team in/out of PCR was Clemson in 2009.

Group pictures of all the teams participating are easy to find for 2009 and 2010. Anyone know of one for 2011? I don't feel like I have seen one.

procombat2009main.jpg

76ced2c50d810215058772c416db7ccd.jpg

too bad FSU didn't take any of the pcr elements and incorporate them into their regular uniforms...the number font was superior and the feather motif was really cool

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I really liked TCU's unis from their last game against Grambling.

NS_08TCUlede4_27236265_254922.JPG

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

too bad FSU didn't take any of the pcr elements and incorporate them into their regular uniforms...the number font was superior and the feather motif was really cool

Plus FSU's probably one of the few schools that could make a full BFBS uniform look good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's amazing how many road teams there were in '09.

All I remember was OU getting beat badly in Lubbock, so I doubt they'll see another PCR.

Didn't they mostly wear them on the road against teams outfitted by other companies? I know Miami wore theirs against USF who is UA, and Wisconsin who is Adidas.

These photos have been posted by a ton of my friends that go to UT, and apparently, it might be worn against the Gators this Saturday. It looks fake, but if it's real, I would imagine that a uniform to fit would come along with it.

303963_415926585138420_975713799_n.jpg

545920_415926541805091_145105350_n.jpg

I really hope that they don't wear this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's real. It's been getting a lot of positive feedback from students.

spacer.png

These photos have been posted by a ton of my friends that go to UT, and apparently, it might be worn against the Gators this Saturday. It looks fake, but if it's real, I would imagine that a uniform to fit would come along with it.

I really hope that they don't wear this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's real. It's been getting a lot of positive feedback from students.

Do-it-yourself BFBS helmet! All you need is a matte black helmet and some electrical tape.

I'll look at the 2010 and 2011 PCR teams to see if the trend continued (I know it didn't completely since Pitt/WVU and Army/Navy both had PCR uniforms for both teams), but the 2009 PCR uniforms were mostly worn against non-Nike teams. Nike did the same thing with those "platinum" basketball uniforms last year.

Miami wore theirs against USF and Wisconsin, TCU first wore theirs against Utah, Virginia Tech first wore theirs against Maryland, Oklahoma wore theirs against Texas Tech, Texas wore theirs against Texas A&M, LSU wore theirs against Arkansas who was an Adidas team at the time, Ohio State wore theirs against Michigan, Mizzou wore theirs against Kansas, FSU wore theirs against Maryland and Clemson wore theirs against South Carolina.

Florida was the only 2009 Pro Combat Rivalry team to wear their uniform solely against another Nike team, since they wore it against Florida State.

EDIT: 2010- The majority of the schools wearing PCR uniforms in 2010 wore them against other Nike schools. Ohio State (Michigan) and Florida (Mississippi State) were the only ones to wear theirs exclusively against non-Nike schools.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1347396483' post='1878616']

With an orange "T" those Volunteer helmets would be way better. I've never been a fan of the look where you can hardly even see your own decal. Also, maybe adidas can give Tennessee a jersey with a giant letter on the front like the rest of their schools.

Don't tempt the 3 stripe, know them it's a very high possibility

Do-it-yourself BFBS helmet! All you need is a matte black helmet and some electrical tape.

There's no warning label, that is mandatory on all helmets. SEC logo is blacked out, which I dont think would fly. The back bumper sticker doesnt look like it fits but that might also be an assumption. As well as the T looks awfully high, again, maybe thats the style of the helmet placement, and probably has nothing to do with it proving its a fake but. But even still I dont think Tenn would have a black-on-black-on-black out right? There'd be advertisements for media stuff for a "black out" or something. Hopefully at least...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

There's no warning label, that is mandatory on all helmets. SEC logo is blacked out, which I dont think would fly. The back bumper sticker doesnt look like it fits but that might also be an assumption. As well as the T looks awfully high, again, maybe thats the style of the helmet placement, and probably has nothing to do with it proving its a fake but. But even still I dont think Tenn would have a black-on-black-on-black out right? There'd be advertisements for media stuff for a "black out" or something. Hopefully at least...

The SEC logo is also dated. All teams have switched to the new logo this year.

Huh? Your opinion doesn't matter. Either it is a rivalry uniform or it isn't.

Wyoming ordered those new yellow uniforms a couple seasons back and the grey digital camo ones this season. Are those PCR uniforms? Of course not. Florida participated in the same program to debut Nike's new alpha talon cleats, but their uniform looked the exact same (though on a different template), so are you saying you think that was a PCR uniform for Oregon, but not Florida?

I think with Wyoming, the key word is 'ordered' since all the rivalry uniforms were instigated by Nike as far as we know. Yes, Florida participated in the same unveiling, but their uniform didn't look any different than their normal set, so I wouldn't consider that part of the Rivalry series. Oregon's uniform used a new color palette, new textures and included the baselayer with TV numbers. That departure from their normal uniform makes it a Rivalry uniform, without even taking into account Nike's confirmation that they were part of the series last year. There are plenty of teams that use, in their normal uniforms, the same technology that the Rivalry uniforms use or have used. That's exactly what Florida did in this case. Granted, it's rare for a school to debut the new technology without being part of the rivalry series (teams usually adopt the technology full-time the next year, for example), but the rule still holds.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived