College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why couldn't Oregon just do this against Fresno State?

oregon2.png

Because then they wouldn't be Oregon :P

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I believe it was in a UniWatch at FSU would be unveiling one sometime in September but the line was pulled and FSU has been pretty avoidant of the topic.

If true, I believe it will either be Clemson or an away PCR for USF. No need to have one for Wake this Saturday and Clemson seems the likely due to the potential Top 10 match up.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

oregon2.png

YES! +1 on this... But no more carbon pattern ;)

Are you kidding!? Haha, I know this is one of those unpopular opinions, but this is my favorite not-oregons-colors set. Steel // Yellow // Steel My absolute fav. Though I like the concept too.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

oregon2.png

Are you kidding!? Haha, I know this is one of those unpopular opinions, but this is my favorite not-oregons-colors set. Steel // Yellow // Steel My absolute fav. Though I like the concept too.

But this carbon-yellow-steel look is not as good as this one.

spacer.png

When will we know who the pro combat rivalry teams are for this season? Don't we usually know by now?

It seems like it will be Oregon, USC, FSU, tOSU and LSU. Nothing has been officially announced yet, however.

Can anyone answer this question about LSU. Do they still wear their purples vs. non-conference opponents? I thought that was the case, but so far two home games against non-conference opponents and white jerseys.

LSU usually wears white for home openers, whether it's a non-conference game or not. So, it was white for North Texas last week. I'm not sure why the Tigers didn't wear purple for Washington, but they tend to wear white in major games (such as against VA Tech in 2007). I suspect purple will return for Idaho and Towson.

In other words, while it's been customary to wear purple for non-conference games since the Saban era, but they haven't been consistent about it.

They'be been consistent when you think about it. Since Saban came in, the team wears white at home for the home opener, home SEC games and non-conference home games against major or BCS level opponents. We'll see the Tigers in purple this weekend against Idaho and in 3 weeks against Towson.

gYH2mW9.png

oregon2.png

But this carbon-yellow-steel look is not as good as this one.

Truth.

With the ProCombat stuff I wish they would do some other teams? I feel like these new ones are just going to be regurgitated options from the old ones.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Put the white tiger highlights on the helmet logo and you have perfection.

I'd go along with this. In my opinion, the single-color decal makes it look like a cheapo sticker one finds affixed to the rear window of a beat-up van, right next to the image of Calvin urinating on the logo of the manufacturer of the principal rival of the van's manufacturer. The white detailing would make this a much better decal.

Aesthetically speaking, I liked the gold jerseys. However, as I am a very superstitious guy, I never want to see them again. This is the third time the Tigers have worn gold tops since they went to black as a primary in the 1950's. The Tigers are 0-3 in those games (Notre Dame in 84, Kansas in 08 and Georgia in 12).

Although I have no inside information to support this, I'm going to guess that Mizzou goes with black tops and gold pants this Saturday night when they host the Sun Devils of Arizona State.

Put the white tiger highlights on the helmet logo and you have perfection.

I'd go along with this. In my opinion, the single-color decal makes it look like a cheapo sticker one finds affixed to the rear window of a beat-up van, right next to the image of Calvin urinating on the logo of the manufacturer of the principal rival of the van's manufacturer. The white detailing would make this a much better decal.

Aesthetically speaking, I liked the gold jerseys. However, as I am a very superstitious guy, I never want to see them again. This is the third time the Tigers have worn gold tops since they went to black as a primary in the 1950's. The Tigers are 0-3 in those games (Notre Dame in 84, Kansas in 08 and Georgia in 12).

Although I have no inside information to support this, I'm going to guess that Mizzou goes with black tops and gold pants this Saturday night when they host the Sun Devils of Arizona State.

That would be my guess as well. I love the look, and really wish they wore the gold pants more often.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

With the ProCombat stuff I wish they would do some other teams? I feel like these new ones are just going to be regurgitated options from the old ones.

If the point of the Pro Combat thing is to sell merchandise (and it is), it only makes sense that Nike tends to focus their efforts on schools with large fanbases.

They haven't done USC or Oregon (technically) before and they have only done LSU and FSU once.

If the point of the Pro Combat thing is to sell merchandise (and it is), it only makes sense that Nike tends to focus their efforts on schools with large fanbases.

Actually that isn't quite true. The point of the Pro Combat Rivalry uniform is to sell more uniforms and undergarments to non-elite high school and college teams (you know, get them to use team builder and order matching baselayers and gloves, shoes, etc...). That's why Nike pays for it. Selling merch to the fans of teams whose schools are chosen is only to help offset some of the cost to Nike.

Also, it seems like the theme will be team color chrome, which PCR hasn't really used before (save for the bottom of Mizzou's cleats).

They haven't done USC or Oregon (technically) before and they have only done LSU and FSU once.

They've done LSU twice, '09 and '11.

Archived