College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know GeauxColonels already said it, but it needs to be said again: Tulane looks gorgeous. Even though their lack of talent makes it hard to watch them on the field, their modern classics make them so easy to at least want to look at them. I hope this board gives their unis more love.

I've only ever read overwhelming praise for Tulane's uniforms during my time here. Not sure I've ever come across someone who didn't like them.

I like Tulane's colors, but the Redskins-style striping pattern worked better for them.

3286620794_a90823c92a.jpg

The JP Losman uniform set had potential, but they used the wrong shade of blue (and not enough of it).

Hawaii022.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I thought it looked like the names were slapped on the PSU jerseys pretty quick, just saw some where the name is already peeling off.

It may be for only this year. Watching the broadcast it was brought up that O'Brien did it to recognize the players who stayed with the program. I will say that I miss the blue collar and end sleeve stripe on the jerseys.

The new uniforms for Texas A&M could be awesome if they were to change the facemask from gray to white or maroon. Currently the facemask takes away from a wonderful set.

I think the helmets are awesome. The finish is great and the facemask looks fine.

I really really hate the numbers though and the font on the jersey. I think it almost ruins the whole set. The pant stripes look dumb too. Shoulda double striped it or gone all white. And those adidas socks are terrible. But other than that a solid looking set. So close to a great set.

The new uniforms for Texas A&M could be awesome if they were to change the facemask from gray to white or maroon. Currently the facemask takes away from a wonderful set.

What's wrong with a gray face mask? I think the grey facemask actually makes the uniform look better than a white or colored facemask. It's just my opinion though.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Plus A&M has plenty of precedent for wearing a gray facemask.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This Purdue / Notre Dame is ugly uni wise. ND looks wrong with athletic gold / yellow pants, although the shiny gold helmet looks ok. I just hate Purdue's uniforms, weak italic font, almost no trim. Look like practice jerseys for the Steelers or Brooklyn Nets. An "industrial" mascot like a Boilermaker (or Steeler) needs a bulkier, stronger number font - particularly when it's the only thing on the uniform. At least the Steelers have the iconic arm stripes.

What's wrong with a gray face mask? I think the grey facemask actually makes the uniform look better than a white or colored facemask. It's just my opinion though.

Raysfan, if there is one thing I hate about a uniform design is using a gray facemask when it is not a main color of the uniform. Southern Cal is a prime example.

Side Note: Kentucky is wearing my favorite look at home today:

kentucky-uniforms-blue-blue-blue.jpg

spacer.png

Any word on what Mizzou will be wearing against UGA? I'm interested in seeing the yellow alts in action although I think the black jerseys look better. Go dawgs

user26670_4.jpg

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Raysfan, if there is one thing I hate about a uniform design is using a gray facemask when it is not a main color of the uniform. Southern Cal is a prime example.

But aTm uses gray independent of the facemasks...

Archived