College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

At this point TCU has had so many helmets that it's overkill. Yeah it looks nice but they keep making these minor changes to the helmets and it's frustrating. Just pick an identity and stick to it.

The same could be said for Virginia Tech, Oregon, Michigan, and Maryland. This ain't just TCU we're talking about.

My point is not that there are too many helmets, it's that there are too many helmets that are so similar to one another they dilute the brand. How many white/gray helmets has TCU had over the past few seasons? I guess the same could go for Oregon but I still feel their helmets are different enough from one another, in addition to the fact that mixing and matching is central to their brand.

TCU has worn 8 helmets since 2009. I would hardly call that overkill in today's college football world.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't count their 2009 PCR helmet. That helmet was black.

It was more of a silver/black marble-ish design.

TCU-2009-Pro-Combat-Football-Helmet-Riddell-Speed-4-687x461.jpg

FWIW, that pic is of a fake on ebay.

Wasn't aware of that. I couldn't tell the difference between that one and this one:

TCU2009NikeProCombatHelmet-1024x731.jpg

TCU vertical arch vs TCU no arch

Easiest way too tell is the gap between the upper parts of the letter T. Not much room on the real deal, but a noticeable bit more on the ebay fake.

Regardless of what other teams are doing, 8 helmets in a smidge over 3 years IS overkill. TCU's is just particularly egregious because most of the helmets are pretty damn similar, it's not like they have a white helmet, a red helmet & a black helmet or something. That's why Rutgers multiple helmets are so :censored: dumb as well, all 3 have the same base color & logo shape, just with different logo & facemask colors, honestly what the :censored: is the point?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Actually, TCU's worn seven. They've worn the 2009 PCR helmet, two versions of the 2010 PCR helmet and four different purple helmets.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

A2MndkGCYAACi7b.jpg

Call me crazy, but I think those helmets are pretty cool for a one-off. I wouldn't want to see these ever again, but the set looks pretty good.

This jersey / pants combo, paired with this helmet, would be absolute, utter, uniform gold:

5204341587_2c23635f20_o.png

The only thing about that combo that bugs me is that the helmet logo is brown with white and orange outlines and the numerals are just brown. My suggestions would be:

A) Make logo just brown (lose outline)

B) Make logo orange with brown outline so it's totally different

Other than that, I agree this is a very nice look.

please god make it happen!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

utah state's helmets on espn2 tonight

I really love this new look from Utah State.

Agreed. Is it just me though, or do the jerseys look purple and the pants look gold in that lighting?

It must be you because they look Blue and Gray to me.

spacer.png

Agreed. Is it just me though, or do the jerseys look purple and the pants look gold in that lighting?

It must be you because they look Blue and Gray to me.

Now they look blue and grey, but when they were in the bright sunlight, it looked purple and gold.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

As a former Aggie, me too! It's a huge upgrade from last year's set, and every set since at least 2002 or 2003 for that matter (can't remember which year they had the Jets style jersey, which is still my favorite Aggie uniform). It's so good to see USU looking good again.

Also, is it just me, or did Utah remove the topographical pattern from the uniform? Good move if that's what I'm seeing. Still not a good uniform as a whole, but closer to better.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is my favorite Tech look ;)

9.05p-jmu1.jpg

JMU-Virginia-Tech.jpg

That game is the single reason that ESPN has so much trouble getting teams to agree to play neutral site or road games on Labor Day night. VT was gassed after losing to Boise. It still can't believe that they convinced VT to play last Monday. I know of at least 4 teams that declined to move their game to Labor Day Monday this season because of what happened to VT against JMU.

This is my favorite Tech look ;)

9.05p-jmu1.jpg

JMU-Virginia-Tech.jpg

That game is the single reason that ESPN has so much trouble getting teams to agree to play neutral site or road games on Labor Day night. VT was gassed after losing to Boise. It still can't believe that they convinced VT to play last Monday. I know of at least 4 teams that declined to move their game to Labor Day Monday this season because of what happened to VT against JMU.

Meh. Boise beat them twice. They would have beat JMU if they had beat Boise, but they didn't. Pretty weak excuse for losing to an FCS team.

Meh. Boise beat them twice. They would have beat JMU if they had beat Boise, but they didn't. Pretty weak excuse for losing to an FCS team.

I can't stand Tech, so I'm not making excuses for them, I'm just passing along what I know to be an absolute fact. Teams (including one I am very close to) have declined the chance to play on Labor Day, even if a 1AA opponent is next, because of the quick turnaround to the next game in week 2, citing specifically VT's loss to JMU.

I can't stand Tech, so I'm not making excuses for them, I'm just passing along what I know to be an absolute fact. Teams (including one I am very close to) have declined the chance to play on Labor Day, even if a 1AA opponent is next, because of the quick turnaround to the next game in week 2, citing specifically VT's loss to JMU.

Eh. There is only 1 game that day every year and they seem to find 2 teams that want to be on tv to fill it.

Archived