College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is one excellent uniform package. The helmet I could take or leave, but as a one-off it doesn't bother me. But seriously. That jersey. I love the burgundy and orange versions of it as well. Is there a precident for VT to be using UCLA-style shoulder hoops? I.e. was that their look way back when and they've revived it? Or did they go to it recently? If the latter is the case, I find that really interesting that they went to a throwback look for a new uniform, especially in today's uniform climate.

No one will convince me otherwise but nothing TCU has ever worn looked as good as their Rose Bowl Unis (aka, the NU RB knockoffs). Take the rose out of the frogs mouth and, baby, you got yourself a stew goin'.

New endzone design for Northwestern.

56b78970f86211e1b17a22000a1cdd10_7.jpg

Me likey.

I hope they put another coat of purple on the field because now it looks washed out.

Obviously their in the middle of painting it so I can't imagine they wont go back over it once the first layer drys, but if they don't, my season ticket is about 50 feet from where this picture was taken so I'll be able to get a good look at the endzone tomorrow night.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

At this point TCU has had so many helmets that it's overkill. Yeah it looks nice but they keep making these minor changes to the helmets and it's frustrating. Just pick an identity and stick to it.

The same could be said for Virginia Tech, Oregon, Michigan, and Maryland. This ain't just TCU we're talking about.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

No one will convince me otherwise but nothing TCU has ever worn looked as good as their Rose Bowl Unis (aka, the NU RB knockoffs). Take the rose out of the frogs mouth and, baby, you got yourself a stew goin'.

New endzone design for Northwestern.

56b78970f86211e1b17a22000a1cdd10_7.jpg

Me likey.

I hope they put another coat of purple on the field because now it looks washed out.

Obviously their in the middle of painting it so I can't imagine they wont go back over it once the first layer drys, but if they don't, my season ticket is about 50 feet from where this picture was taken so I'll be able to get a good look at the endzone tomorrow night.

Then again, the faded look may not be that bad because it looks old like their new uniform design, which by the way I am starting to like.

spacer.png

If you think about what Oregon needs and what their clients (recruits) want to see, i think the wings work very well. the fact that they're so different from everyone else is even better, i mean isnt that what design is for? to do something different?

At it's core, no. What design is for depends on what you need to do with it. Design by nature is meant to make the world more efficient (and usable, beautiful, many things, really). Sometimes that involves doing something new and sometimes it involves making an existing idea better. If your goals are to use design to recruit great young players right now, to create a public perception that your company is always the leader on the cutting edge of what it does and to make money in today's attention deficit market, in that case design is for doing something different, because that's one of the best ways (maybe the singular best way) to achieve those goals.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

A2MndkGCYAACi7b.jpg

Call me crazy, but I think those helmets are pretty cool for a one-off. I wouldn't want to see these ever again, but the set looks pretty good.

This jersey / pants combo, paired with this helmet, would be absolute, utter, uniform gold:

5204341587_2c23635f20_o.png

Which would make wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much sense for Virginia Tech

Virginia Tech's best helmet is the maroon stripeless helmets.

If they're going to continue to insist on not wearing their best look ever

655976_display_image.jpg?1313082732

50572149.jpg

(the sleeve numbers being a different color than the chest and back number: :wub:)

then Ideally I'd like them to wear only this

48431_virginia_tech_nc_state_football.jpg

137369623_crop_650x440.jpg?1332810177

hi-res-136628560_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

all these white, orange, maroon helmets with stripes do nothing but distract from their best look. Get it together, VT!

PvO6ZWJ.png

A2MndkGCYAACi7b.jpg

Call me crazy, but I think those helmets are pretty cool for a one-off. I wouldn't want to see these ever again, but the set looks pretty good.

This jersey / pants combo, paired with this helmet, would be absolute, utter, uniform gold:

That striped helmet with the white jersey and pants is my favorite set of the Hokies. And people call me a modern fanatic.

spacer.png

Virginia Tech's best helmet is the maroon stripeless helmets.

If they're going to continue to insist on not wearing their best look ever

655976_display_image.jpg?1313082732

50572149.jpg

(the sleeve numbers being a different color than the chest and back number: :wub:)

then Ideally I'd like them to wear only this

48431_virginia_tech_nc_state_football.jpg

137369623_crop_650x440.jpg?1332810177

hi-res-136628560_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

all these white, orange, maroon helmets with stripes do nothing but distract from their best look. Get it together, VT!

Agree with every bit of this post, from top to bottom. The Vick era really was thier best look, but the second set you have shown is runner-up for me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

A2MndkGCYAACi7b.jpg

The only thing about that combo that bugs me is that the helmet logo is brown with white and orange outlines and the numerals are just brown. My suggestions would be:

A) Make logo just brown (lose outline)

B) Make logo orange with brown outline so it's totally different

Other than that, I agree this is a very nice look.

Archived