College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

cin.jpg

Dope.

Cincinnati has too many helmets. They should stick to the black beauties.

2878464831_377c549b50_o.jpg

I don't know man, while i like the black helmets a lot, both their white and now red helmets look good. As long as they don't go monochrome red, they'll be fine.

Cincinnati has the only black helmets in the conference. Make it white and it would be similar to UL. Red would make them similar to Temple. That's why Cincy should stay with black.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A2CvibCCQAAj8P_.jpg

No logo or design has to be a literal translation of the subject, but this says more hawk or eagle than a quack-quack duck. It is a cool helmet, really, but I'd love to see it with another team.

I think it could have been more successful with a chrome O.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

A2CvibCCQAAj8P_.jpg

No logo or design has to be a literal translation of the subject, but this says more hawk or eagle than a quack-quack duck. It is a cool helmet, really, but I'd love to see it with another team.

The ducks are building a new identity with the wings. Everyone is associating them with the Chip Kelly era, which is the best era in duck football history. I'm not saying they are going to get rid of the O, but I think Oregon is going to focus on the wings more than the O from now on.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

A2CvibCCQAAj8P_.jpg

The ducks are building a new identity with the wings. Everyone is associating them with the Chip Kelly era, which is the best era in duck football history. I'm not saying they are going to get rid of the O, but I think Oregon is going to focus on the wings more than the O from now on.

i think so too and i love the wings. it's their swoosh. the wing design is an excellent graphic representation of their brand. the characteristics of that helmet also describe that team and overall identity

ย 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE ย / ย MEDIUMย  / ย DRIBBBLE

A2CvibCCQAAj8P_.jpg

That's a bad thing. College sports are dominated by iconic letter-themed logos (Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Ohio State, Kentucky, Indiana, Duke, etc.) and Oregon's O is/was one of the best modern college logos going. Diminishing it's prominence is a mistake.

That's a weak argument. What about schools that don't use letter-themed logos that are just as iconic? Show someone Georgia Tech's yellow jacket, Florida's gator head, Iowa's hawkeye, Penn Stat's lion, Texas' longhorn, UConn's huskie, etc. and they know which school it is.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

cin.jpg

Dope.

Cincinnati has too many helmets. They should stick to the black beauties.

2878464831_377c549b50_o.jpg

I don't know man, while i like the black helmets a lot, both their white and now red helmets look good. As long as they don't go monochrome red, they'll be fine.

Cincinnati has the only black helmets in the conference. Make it white and it would be similar to UL. Red would make them similar to Temple. That's why Cincy should stay with black.

You know what would make each of these helmets 1000x better? Getting rid of that weird underscore underneath the C. Is there some special traditional reason why it's there? Otherwise, it's unnecessary clutter that gets in the way of what could be some of the nicest helmets in college football.

A2CvibCCQAAj8P_.jpg

i think so too and i love the wings. it's their swoosh. the wing design is an excellent graphic representation of their brand. the characteristics of that helmet also describe that team and overall identity

the problem with the wings being the primary mark is that they don't translate well to merchandise at all...the only thing that would work would be to use the winged "o" which has been used in the past...take the eagles for example, they've had both a full eagle and eagle's head as a primary and leave the wing motif strictly to the helmets.

A2CvibCCQAAj8P_.jpg

the problem with the wings being the primary mark is that they don't translate well to merchandise at all...the only thing that would work would be to use the winged "o" which has been used in the past...take the eagles for example, they've had both a full eagle and eagle's head as a primary and leave the wing motif strictly to the helmets.

So what? Alabama has a generic number on their helmets and they seem to do ok in merch sales. I don't think Oregon has any problems there either.

I was thinking the same thing RE: Dairy Queen. Funny.

Do we know if they're wearing them tonight against Pitt?

I would guess so since the 2 people who tweeted the pics are the ESPN people covering the game today.

If those feathers were green it would look a lot better.

Like I've said before that green might have looked better for this game, but what about the rest of the season? Which color green do they pick? Bright green would only match this jersey, darker green would only match the normal home. Green would look very out of place if they tried to pair the yellow helmet with either the black or yellow jerseys since neither feature green. Making the wings chrome insures that it could work with more combinations.

I understand what you are saying, but with as many uniform combinations that they have, I do not think it would be hard for them to have multiple colored wings on the helmets. Hell, can't they just place stickers over the chrome with different colors? The only great thing I can positively say about this helmet is that it is not the atrocious Rose Bowl helmet of last year.

spacer.png

A2CvibCCQAAj8P_.jpg

So what? Alabama has a generic number on their helmets and they seem to do ok in merch sales. I don't think Oregon has any problems there either.

yea the Eagles, Vikings, Bengals all have a good solution to that problem. the Ducks can still use their O, its still on the back of the helmets too

A2CvibCCQAAj8P_.jpg

That's a bad thing. College sports are dominated by iconic letter-themed logos (Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Ohio State, Kentucky, Indiana, Duke, etc.) and Oregon's O is/was one of the best modern college logos going. Diminishing it's prominence is a mistake.

nope, good. theres no reason for them (or anyone for that matter) to be just another one of the trees in the forrest.

for all of these "problems" being brought up, is there any evidence to support what they've done is wrong? this brand has grown each year. they're doing it all right

ย 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE ย / ย MEDIUMย  / ย DRIBBBLE

Archived