College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I say just fire Russell in general. Even a terrible TechFit jersey would be better than this.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some honeycomb would be appropriate. That right there is overkill.

+10, CRich

aqv5rc.jpg

"Bryan Fischer‏@BryanDFischer

All the credit in the world to Paul Johnson and staff for recruiting as good a team as they have w/ Russell jerseys + triple option O."

No wonder why they mostly lose to Georgia.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I'm sorry, but to me that "honeycomb" really does look like bubble-wrap. That whole uniform is gosh-awful. To think they've free-fallen from the beauty of the Calvin Johnson set to this Arena League mound 'o crap is just depressing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm sorry, but to me that "honeycomb" really does look like bubble-wrap. That whole uniform is gosh-awful. To think they've free-fallen from the beauty of the Calvin Johnson set to this Arena League mound 'o crap is just depressing.

+1000, I feel your pain.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Russell: There is such a thing as too much honeycomb. I like the helmet, and the idea. But good lord, watching it on TV it just looks atrocious.

At least VT looks good.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

At least VT looks good.

The only thing missing on VT's uniform is some striping on the pants. They need to get rid of the stripe-less pants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

A subtle honeycomb pattern like the helmet has would be ok also leave the helmet gold with the pattern in white or blue. It looks to me like a bubble fill pattern in paint and Russell just got a little carried away plus I'm sure this was the quickest cheapest thing they could do. Trying to be Nike Adidas or even under armor is not working at least the flag helmets of Maryland or the Michigan M from last years unis and oregons neon and black unis were unique and looked as if some work went into it not a five minute paint session. If you want to make a splash that is at least respectable amougnst fans and people like us then put a little more effort into or just quit. Also on another note just think of a the div 2,3 and high school teams that are going to use this crappy template now!!!!

They have honeycomb on the nameplate. That's like, the one place to NOT have a design on the uniform. Russell, what are you doing?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

+1000, I feel your pain.

Pink/Orange louisville basketball uniforms more "painful" to me.

A15zzqiCQAEEpkW.jpgaqv5rc.jpg

Why are there 2 versions of this mess?

Why do the numbers look like the old old Windows wallpaper?

Also, he looks reeeeally intimidating with that kicker's facemask

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

There's Nike, then there's Adidas, then Under Armour, then there's 50 ft if crap, then there's Russell Athletic.

I mean c'mon, this uniform is just terrible. The honeycomb is completely overused, and the jersey design is terrible. I think the honeycomb couldve just been used on the collar and sleeve stripes, and the uniform actually could been good. Live the helmet though.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Honestly these wouldnt look AS bad if they simply used the helmet treatment evrywhere, but the gradient/beveled/3d honeycomb just looks like bubblewrap.

Lol griffin thats exactly the hierarchy!

These uniforms are the equivalent of those cheap elite knockoff socks. Actually theres some cool looking ones at walmart so theyre worse than that.

These make bryant gumble look like malcolm x

A15zzqiCQAEEpkW.jpgaqv5rc.jpg

Why are there 2 versions of this mess?

Why do the numbers look like the old old Windows wallpaper?

Also, he looks reeeeally intimidating with that kicker's facemask

It's been GT's thing recently. Not a good thing, I might add.

Is it wrong that "Captain Traditional" that i am...

...I like the GT uniforms?

Well, in fairness, you are pretty drunk.

Virginia Tech's uniforms would benefit greatly from a maroon outline on the numbers. Georgia Tech's uniforms would benefit greatly from a fire in the equipment room.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Virginia Tech's uniforms would benefit greatly from a maroon outline on the numbers. Georgia Tech's uniforms would benefit greatly from a fire in the equipment room.

It's posts like these that make me wish we had a "like" button here.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The thing that really makes these things over the top bad imo is the blue stripe on the back of the pants. You bubble wrap every other piece of color on the uniform, including the nameplate, and then you decide to throw this solid blue stripe on the pants? It just looks bad because the bubble wrap makes the navy blue numbers look light blue from afar so now you have what looks like two completely different blues on the uniform. I mean the bubble wrap sucks but that just makes no sense at all to not use it there.

Archived