College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new arkansas uniforms. i actually kinda like these

20120901_gav_SC6_305_extra_large.jpg

The helmet is REALLY nice. The whole uniform would be nice, but the gradients just take the entire uniform down.

The Helmets and uniforms are great, but it's just that god :censored: gradients that bring it down. Hey Arkansas, it isn't the 90's anymore.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

That Arkansas set frustrates me. Parts of it are great, but I just can't overlook its flaws. What I would like to see happen:

1) Loose the gradient within the numbers

2) Decide on either black or silver as the accent color but not both

3) Make the Hog logo on the hip face forward

4) Move the SEC logo higher up the shoulder to relieve the clutter at the chest area

All of that said, the helmet finish is great, as is the the razor shoulder design. I want to like it more than Arkansas' previous set, but I'm not sure that I can.

How long has Louisville been wearing their current set? They're pretty sharp. I stopped keeping tracking of Louisville after the Brian Brohm era ended.

Since last year. The Brian Brohm uniforms are my second favorite Louisville uniform set after the current. I'm glad UofL keeps their stripes rather than a :censored: Clipart wing.

Here's the Brian Brohm set and the current set for comparison.

brianbrohm3.jpg

Teddy%2BBridgewater%2BRutgers%2Bv%2BLouisville%2BQGuuevop1Qex.jpg

@Raysfan12

Yeah those were Brohm era unis were great. They did a much better job with that template than Northwestern did. My only small gripe with the current set are the white facemask.

Between the Brohms and the currents, didn't they wear some weird design for a few years?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

@Raysfan12

Yeah those were Brohm era unis were great. They did a much better job with that template than Northwestern did. My only small gripe with the current set are the white facemask.

Between the Brohms and the currents, didn't they wear some weird design for a few years?

@4_tattoos

Yes; It was the years Kragthrope was there and I don't want to talk much about it. I can only say it was embarrassing :(

vic-anderson.jpg

These are what I consider SDSU's best uniforms--they bring up bad memories of Marshall Faulk running wild on BYU:

marshall-faulk-san-diego-state.jpg

Those helmets are as SDSU as it gets. Love them. Stripe overload though but a simple removal of some would go a long way. Much better than what they have now which doesn't seem SDSU at all to me.

Did anybody notice the gradient on Bethune-Cookman's helmets?? Imo they are awesome along with Florida A&M's and Tennessee State's lids

I don't mind the gradient, but what's the point of the weird shapes around the monogram? Is that part of the logo or just shapes added to look like an abstract football or something?

Perhaps it's an "M" for the school's founder, Mary McLeod Bethune.

Louisville has one of the least objectionable uses of the TechFit template.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

And yes, a blue and silver-clad Air Force team sure is a welcome sight!

If only they were closer to this set, though...

art.gif

As far as their uniforms go, they're pretty underrated. Throughout the years, Air Force has always kept it clean and stellar.

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah I feel like their stripes look good nearly always. It makes you wonder what's going on there that doesn't result in this:

125638638_crop_650x440.jpg

I'd like to see straight-ahead pictures of both jerseys to judge, but to me it looks like the Nebraska jersey is running into the same problem that UCLA's is: the stripes are too high. On that point of the sleeve, the stripes get cut off.

I could be totally wrong, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

new arkansas uniforms. i actually kinda like these

20120901_gav_SC6_305_extra_large.jpg

The helmet is REALLY nice. The whole uniform would be nice, but the gradients just take the entire uniform down.

The Helmets and uniforms are great, but it's just that god :censored: gradients that bring it down. Hey Arkansas, it isn't the 90's anymore.

It looks so much better without the gradient.

arkansas.png

Yeah I feel like their stripes look good nearly always. It makes you wonder what's going on there that doesn't result in this:

I'd like to see straight-ahead pictures of both jerseys to judge, but to me it looks like the Nebraska jersey is running into the same problem that UCLA's is: the stripes are too high. On that point of the sleeve, the stripes get cut off.

Huh? The issue most people have with that part of the techfit template isn't that the stripes are too high (although they prob are because there are no true sleeves) it's that the stripes get incredibly distorted.

How long has Louisville been wearing their current set? They're pretty sharp. I stopped keeping tracking of Louisville after the Brian Brohm era ended.

Since last year. The Brian Brohm uniforms are my second favorite Louisville uniform set after the current. I'm glad UofL keeps their stripes rather than a :censored: Clipart wing.

Here's the Brian Brohm set and the current set for comparison.

brianbrohm3.jpg

Teddy%2BBridgewater%2BRutgers%2Bv%2BLouisville%2BQGuuevop1Qex.jpg

Louisville is a flagship school, so it makes sense that they get a custom uniform design instead of the wing design from the team catalog that many other bird-themed schools have unveiled.

Huh? The issue most people have with that part of the techfit template isn't that the stripes are too high (although they prob are because there are no true sleeves) it's that the stripes get incredibly distorted.

I explain this all the time, but the sleeveless cut of the jersey (seen on Nebraska players here) results in the warped stripes. The sleeved cut (on the Louisville QB above) eliminates this problem and gives the uniform full stripes as well. The Louisville players who wear the sleeveless cut generally end up with warped stripes like any Nebraska or UCLA player.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I meant that the stripes are distorted (or in some cases cut off) because they're forced to be so high by the cut of the jersey.

A few modifications and Oregon could be perfect. I like kelly green just as much as I like thunder green so I used a medium between the two.

oregon.png

One small change makes the entire uniform better.

The modified uniforms look much better, but which one small change were you referring to? I count three (facemask, darker green, no number outline).

Like it but think the contrast on the helmet is too much. I'd actually like a more metallic yellow wing on the yellow helmet. More of a subtle tone on tone look.

Archived