College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Be rational. Unless Indiana has a breakout year (which might happen if you've seen their recruiting class and consider their #1 QB missed 10 1/2 games with a grossly broken leg...[shudders] but probably wont because they're Indiana...) Next year, WKU will out recruit Indiana and Purdue as well. Good recruiters recruit well everywhere (see: Urban Meyer at Utah and Bowling Green).

Philandering aside, Petrino is still a decent coach and great recruiter. He will out recruit every school in Kentucky and Indiana (beside ND) if he stays for more than one season. Think of how many Illinois players recruited by Ron Zook are in the NFL. Two of 32 starting NFL running backs were U of I players (Mendenhall and LeShoure) and yet U of I stunk because Zook is a terrible coach. Yet he still managed to recruit, even while sucking at coaching.

I know a SHÎTTON about college football, some of this knowledge makes me sad. One of those tidbits is how many good players WKU is going to get as long as Petrino stays there. Kentucky sucks at football. Sorry, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but take a step back and look st the situation: UK is the 14th best football program (or - rather - 14th most attractive program) in a 14 team SEC.

You're a basketball school, just like IU. It is a sad but inexorable fact. And Just like IU, there is a chance you could become the second best program in your state, and an outside chance you could be #1, but it is unlikely when you consider that any good coach would probably jump ship for more money and to go to a school with more tradition (i.e. easier to recruit).

To paraphrase an obnoxious beer marketing scheme, those are the cold hard facts...

Your opinion and facts are two different things: In the recent past two U of L has had a better football team than Kentucky, before that Kentucky won 4 meeting in a row. Kentucky leads the head-to-head series 14-11.

Kentucky Records

1950 - Kentucky was named National Champions

1976 - Kentucky won the SEC championship

All-Time Record - 579-579-44 (.500)

NFL Hall of Famers - 2

Louisville Records

No National Champions

Conference Champions - Missouri Valley Conference - 2 / C-USA - 3 / Big East - 1

All-Time Records - 466-439-17 (.515) better winning percentage in worse leagues

NFL Hall of Famers - 0

As far as us being a basketball school, well in case you do not know, Louisville and WKU are both basketball schools as well. Besides why can't a college be good at both?

As far as Petrino, he is a good coach, but his character scares me because he has no morals. But I hope he does my Alma Mater some good and within a few years gets them out of the Sun Belt and into the MAC or C-USA.

Finally, you are not gonna hurt my feelings because I know we are in a tough conference and we have some work to do to get back to bowl games. I understand that it is going to be hard to win the SEC in this time and day, but you have to start somewhere and thankfully Mitch Barnhardt realized that the Joke Joker Phillips could not get us there. Therefore you can talk smack all you want and spew your not so cold facts, but you will never no more about football than myself and that is not a smack at you, it is because of my many mores years of this planet than yourself and my life long passion for SEC and Kentucky Football.

spacer.png

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was Arizona's helmet A decal and Pac 12 chest badge so small? They kind of bugged me. But Nevada's helmet stripe bugged me more.

I have thought that Arizona's helmet logo has been too small to quite some time now. If that logo was about twice it current size than it would look a lot better.Maybe they should go back to the logo size they used 1999.

Arizona_OLD9.gif

Current

Arizona.gif

spacer.png

Really love Tulane's identity/look, so simple, yet so awesome. Surprised Nike doesn't take a bit more of interest in them.

not on tv and no fans. can't imagine why Nike would take an interest in them.

BigDmo: I agree.

gdu: I'm a Tulane football fan. You sayin' I don't exist?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Why was Arizona's helmet A decal and Pac 12 chest badge so small? They kind of bugged me. But Nevada's helmet stripe bugged me more.

I have thought that Arizona's helmet logo has been too small to quite some time now. If that logo was about twice it current size than it would look a lot better.Maybe they should go back to the logo size they used 1999.

Arizona_OLD9.gif

Current

Arizona.gif

You mean this nuordr?

arizona-90-03.gif

arizona-10-.gif

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Be rational. Unless Indiana has a breakout year (which might happen if you've seen their recruiting class and consider their #1 QB missed 10 1/2 games with a grossly broken leg...[shudders] but probably wont because they're Indiana...) Next year, WKU will out recruit Indiana and Purdue as well. Good recruiters recruit well everywhere (see: Urban Meyer at Utah and Bowling Green).

Philandering aside, Petrino is still a decent coach and great recruiter. He will out recruit every school in Kentucky and Indiana (beside ND) if he stays for more than one season. Think of how many Illinois players recruited by Ron Zook are in the NFL. Two of 32 starting NFL running backs were U of I players (Mendenhall and LeShoure) and yet U of I stunk because Zook is a terrible coach. Yet he still managed to recruit, even while sucking at coaching.

I know a SHÎTTON about college football, some of this knowledge makes me sad. One of those tidbits is how many good players WKU is going to get as long as Petrino stays there. Kentucky sucks at football. Sorry, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but take a step back and look st the situation: UK is the 14th best football program (or - rather - 14th most attractive program) in a 14 team SEC.

You're a basketball school, just like IU. It is a sad but inexorable fact. And Just like IU, there is a chance you could become the second best program in your state, and an outside chance you could be #1, but it is unlikely when you consider that any good coach would probably jump ship for more money and to go to a school with more tradition (i.e. easier to recruit).

To paraphrase an obnoxious beer marketing scheme, those are the cold hard facts...

Your opinion and facts are two different things: In the recent past two U of L has had a better football team than Kentucky, before that Kentucky won 4 meeting in a row. Kentucky leads the head-to-head series 14-11.

Kentucky Records

NFL Hall of Famers - 2

Louisville Records

No National Champions

Conference Champions - Missouri Valley Conference - 2 / C-USA - 3 / Big East - 1

NFL Hall of Famers - 0

As far as us being a basketball school, well in case you do not know, Louisville and WKU are both basketball schools as well. Besides why can't a college be good at both?

As far as Petrino, he is a good coach, but his character scares me because he has no morals. But I hope he does my Alma Mater some good and within a few years gets them out of the Sun Belt and into the MAC or C-USA.

Finally, you are not gonna hurt my feelings because I know we are in a tough conference and we have some work to do to get back to bowl games. I understand that it is going to be hard to win the SEC in this time and day, but you have to start somewhere and thankfully Mitch Barnhardt realized that the Joke Joker Phillips could not get us there. Therefore you can talk smack all you want and spew your not so cold facts, but you will never no more about football than myself and that is not a smack at you, it is because of my many mores years of this planet than yourself and my life long passion for SEC and Kentucky Football.

nuordr. Nobody gives a :censored: about Kentucky football. Nobody cares if UK is better at football than WKU. The fact is that you are trying to defend your team as better than a Sun Belt team who started playing FBS football 3 years ago. That along says how absolute miserable your football program is.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Kentucky Records

NFL Hall of Famers - 2

Louisville Records

No National Champions

NFL Hall of Famers - 0

nuordr. Nobody gives a :censored: about Kentucky football. Nobody cares if UK is better at football than WKU. The fact is that you are trying to defend your team as better than a Sun Belt team who started playing FBS football 3 years ago. That along says how absolute miserable your football program is.

That Western Kentucky has gone 16-32 in FBS, but has improved since their first two years, has gone 14-10 the last two seasons, and made it to their first bowl game since 1963 this year. They surely have a promising future. Let's save for the NCAA football thread though.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Kentucky Records

NFL Hall of Famers - 2

Louisville Records

No National Champions

NFL Hall of Famers - 0

That Western Kentucky has gone 16-32 in FBS, but has improved since their first two years, has gone 14-10 the last two seasons, and made it to their first bowl game since 1963 this year. They surely have a promising future. Let's save for the NCAA football thread though.

Just save it for the Sports in General section. I really hope that the SDSU-BYU game looks great.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

It was asked two pages ago to quit talking about this and I did, now will you please do the same ponyboy?

Just save it for the Sports in General section. I really hope that the SDSU-BYU game looks great.

I think BYU will look great, but I don't like SDSU's uniforms.

spacer.png

I think most of Nike's unis are manufactured by Powers, the term being manufactured, Nike no doubt designed them and everything up to pulling out the fabric and sewing it together, but then thats where Powers comes in.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Kentucky Records

NFL Hall of Famers - 2

Louisville Records

No National Champions

NFL Hall of Famers - 0

Actually someone does care about Kentucky football. He does, so that matters. I do remember a few subjects on this board where you've gone on for pages arguing about things no one else cares about. I find it quite ironic that you are telling him no one cares about his thing that he is passionate about.

Really love Tulane's identity/look, so simple, yet so awesome. Surprised Nike doesn't take a bit more of interest in them.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/12/14/tulane-introduces-new-helmets-for-2013/

Boom

http://news.sportslo...lmets-for-2013/

Boom

I really like that light blue helmet, and the second throwback is pretty cool as well.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Boom

2 things:

1. You are seriously relying on an article posted by a blogger here based on a post in this thread which came from a football player's tweet?

"It looks like the Tulane Green Wave will be receiving a Nike redesign in 2013, starting with the helmets. This photo was posted on Instragram by Sophomore Wide Receiver Xavier Rush with the following message, “New look for our helmets, jerseys coming soon.”

In addition to their white helmet they’ve worn since 2010, three new helmets are also shown. A light blue helmet with the modern primary logo, and two throwbacks. The first throwback was originally worn from 1983-1984, and features an interlocking TU on the white lid. The second features an older version of the “Wavy T”, and was worn from 1989 to 1991 and 1995 to 1996.

We will have more information when the team releases the rest of the uniform changes, but we can only hope the pink decals are permanently retired."

You must believe that Tenn is going to break out those checkboard helmets, too, since a player tweeted about them.

2. Even if Tulane does get new Nike uniforms next season, it doesn't mean that "Nike took an interest in them" which is the point I was responding to. Anybody can order new uniforms anytime they want, but that is a very different thing than Nike taking an interest and requesting to design or designing uniforms for them.

I think most of Nike's unis are manufactured by Powers, the term being manufactured, Nike no doubt designed them and everything up to pulling out the fabric and sewing it together, but then thats where Powers comes in.

I believe the poster who worked for Nike said Powers no longer mfgs most of Nike's uniforms, FWIW.

I believe the poster who worked for Nike said Powers no longer mfgs most of Nike's uniforms, FWIW.

Well we know they do VT's based on that pic from earlier this year, but regardless, my point was that Nike rarely if ever actually manufactures the jersey itself, which was in response to the guy who said "Nike didnt make them, Powers did", as if they were on the same level, like both companies were doing the whole process, when in reality they're working together but on separate stages of the overall process.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

aren't you the same one that said Penn State would be terrible when i tried to tell you they wont be THAT bad? (3 easy ooc games, 1 tough, easy conference opponents)...

i like the Tulane helmets !

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Boom

2 things:

1. You are seriously relying on an article posted by a blogger here based on a post in this thread which came from a football player's tweet?

"It looks like the Tulane Green Wave will be receiving a Nike redesign in 2013, starting with the helmets. This photo was posted on Instragram by Sophomore Wide Receiver Xavier Rush with the following message, “New look for our helmets, jerseys coming soon.”

In addition to their white helmet they’ve worn since 2010, three new helmets are also shown. A light blue helmet with the modern primary logo, and two throwbacks. The first throwback was originally worn from 1983-1984, and features an interlocking TU on the white lid. The second features an older version of the “Wavy T”, and was worn from 1989 to 1991 and 1995 to 1996.

We will have more information when the team releases the rest of the uniform changes, but we can only hope the pink decals are permanently retired."

You must believe that Tenn is going to break out those checkboard helmets, too, since a player tweeted about them.

2. Even if Tulane does get new Nike uniforms next season, it doesn't mean that "Nike took an interest in them" which is the point I was responding to. Anybody can order new uniforms anytime they want, but that is a very different thing than Nike taking an interest and requesting to design or designing uniforms for them.

Tulane is probably going to get new uniforms like Fresno got new uniforms a few years ago. They're gonna be from the nike catalog. Nothing special like Mizzouri.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived