College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Then why did you guys wear that terrible "uniform" last year? How did that slip through the cracks?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uniwatch Blog said that Purdue and all retailers that sell replica jerseys had to return everything to Nike. It said Nike is redesigning the uniforms and also adding an alternate uniform. It doesn't say if they're tweaking the uniforms from last year or doing a complete overhaul. I thought it was pretty funny that they noted they even requested they return Purdue Pete's jersey.

Uniwatch Blog said that Purdue and all retailers that sell replica jerseys had to return everything to Nike. It said Nike is redesigning the uniforms and also adding an alternate uniform. It doesn't say if they're tweaking the uniforms from last year or doing a complete overhaul. I thought it was pretty funny that they noted they even requested they return Purdue Pete's jersey.

Purdue just got new Speed Machine uniforms last year.

I know they got new uniforms last year. Nike requested Purdue send all of their new uniforms they received last year, including Purdue Pete's back to them. Nike also requested all retailers to send back to them the remaining replica jerseys they have in stock. Nike is apparently tweaking their new uniforms or doing a complete redesign.

Excuse me for my mini rant but I'm so pissed WVU is not redoing their uniforms. We are going to a new conference like TCU, Mizzou etc.. I have heard from WVU boards that our contract doesn't expire with Nike or cant be renewed until after this upcoming season. I call bull :censored:!!! Seems like every season teams are changing their uniforms. TCU does something just about every other year and Boise. I wish we got rid of that bat wing crap we have now. Maybe there is hope over the summer, that is all.

Hey, I recognize you from BGN. You really want new uniforms huh? Haha, welcome to CCSLC. Nice to have another Mountaineer around these parts. As for your rant, it's something I've pondered for many afternoons, but I gotta disagree man. I see no reason to force new uniforms when our current set is fine (Especially the white on white, gold on gold, blue on gold, and gold on white). Also, I'm afraid that if we get new crazy NIKE uniforms like Rutgers, TCU, Boise, etc that we'll go with some version of our Pro Combat full time. I didn't mind them for one game, but they don't have enough old gold and blue to be our full time uni's.

90758391980.gif

28lh0s5.gif

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I know they got new uniforms last year. Nike requested Purdue send all of their new uniforms they received last year, including Purdue Pete's back to them. Nike also requested all retailers to send back to them the remaining replica jerseys they have in stock. Nike is apparently tweaking their new uniforms or doing a complete redesign.

It's unusual that Nike asked the retailers to return replica jerseys. Usually the big online retailers can keep selling them until they run out of stock.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's unusual that Nike asked the retailers to return replica jerseys. Usually the big online retailers can keep selling them until they run out of stock.

Exactly. That part doesn't add up.

Exactly. That part doesn't add up.

This might seem crazy, but do you think Purdue might be getting a new mascot, as well as a total rebrand? I mean, why else would they take away replica jerseys?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Then why did you guys wear that terrible "uniform" last year? How did that slip through the cracks?

The power ranger tampon costume was simply a blemish on an otherwise usually well dressed team. B)

Recruiting, simple as that. With the other big teams in the SEC ('Bama, LSU, UF) all having done it at least once, they had a +1 on UGA to tell recruits. We tried it, rejected their first few ideas and then they stuck us with the Red Ranger. Uniforms won't be touched for a long time after that debacle, if they don't respect the silver britches then they don't belong in them. Same mentality that lil Dooley took with Adidas about the UT jerseys not being the proper shade of orange, he's a good ole Athens boy too. haha

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

The power ranger tampon costume was simply a blemish on an otherwise usually well dressed team. B)

Recruiting, simple as that. With the other big teams in the SEC ('Bama, LSU, UF) all having done it at least once, they had a +1 on UGA to tell recruits. We tried it, rejected their first few ideas and then they stuck us with the Red Ranger. Uniforms won't be touched for a long time after that debacle, if they don't respect the silver britches then they don't belong in them. Same mentality that lil Dooley took with Adidas about the UT jerseys not being the proper shade of orange, he's a good ole Athens boy too. haha

recruiting? if anything that combination of uniform and gameplay did uga a major disservice...they got their asses handed to them in their own backyard.

cleats ND will wear vs. Navy in Ireland:

Forget the cleats...an aircraft carrier I can understand, but how in the bloody HEYALL did the NCAA pull that one off??? :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Isle_Classic

Now I know...thanks.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Purdue's uniform from last year has the old train on the collar. Perhaps Nike is recalling them to make a simple switch from the old train to the new train on the collar. I wonder if it's less expensive to replace the collar logo than have to produce all new uniforms? I have no idea if that's true or not but that's all I can think of since they just got those jerseys.

purdue28jpg-058918c6ebbee4dd.jpg

Purdue's uniform from last year has the old train on the collar. Perhaps Nike is recalling them to make a simple switch from the old train to the new train on the collar. I wonder if it's less expensive to replace the collar logo than have to produce all new uniforms? I have no idea if that's true or not but that's all I can think of since they just got those jerseys.

That would make more sense to me than simpyl recalling them because they are getting new ones.

There's the answer...

Couldn't Nike just send Purdue new patches and have their equipment managers make the switch? That would seem like the most logical thing to do if that is the only change being made.

I'm going to root for biggest rebrand ever, simply because of the reaction this board would have. :P

Archived