2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Maybe there IS a huge difference of thinking outside of the Southeast regarding football because you would never hear me or anyone I was raised with make such an outlandish comment. "The championship games are meaningless." Ha!

That's funny, because your beloved SEC rendered their own conference title game meaningless just last year!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe there IS a huge difference of thinking outside of the Southeast regarding football because you would never hear me or anyone I was raised with make such an outlandish comment. "The championship games are meaningless." Ha!

That's funny, because your beloved SEC rendered their own conference title game meaningless just last year!

I thought it firmly established the game as the NCG play-in game? No?

Seriously though, you guys are getting off topic with the SEC hate.

Help me out. Is it three consecutive season and in two separate conferences which Boise State failed to take care of their own business only to be in a tie with other teams? Oh wait, last year in the MWC, they lost outright to TCU with a game at home in their Lincoln Log of a stadium.

Move to a conference for two years: never win it outright, get slightly more money, jump to the Big East, then possibly look to go back to the MWC. As Charlie Sheen would say from 2011, "Winning!".

Ask the Wisconsin, Florida State, or Stanford players and coaching staffs if their conference championship victories this weekend were meaningless.....

Well, if spending New Years in Los Angeles or Miami is your thing, then I guess it was meaningful. Otherwise it really only impacted where you will be going on vacation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ask the Wisconsin, Florida State, or Stanford players and coaching staffs if their conference championship victories this weekend were meaningless.....

I would've hoped that a consensus top-5 team entering the season could beat a 6-6 team from the 2nd weakest BCS conference in the country this year. The sheer schadenfreude satisfaction I would've had if Georgia Tech had managed to win that game would've killed me.

And if that didn't, the angry 'Noles fans I know would've.

spacer.png

I'm sure as hell going to be rooting for Notre Dame (as much as it pains me to) in the NCG. I've had enough of "SEC PAWWWLLL". I don't care if it's Notre Dame, I just want ANYONE to dethrone the SEC, so that maybe that conference will step up, and play a good nonconference game away from home (that means playing a game outside the state of Florida, gators).

and which opponent of Oregon's would fall into that category?

We played at Tennesse in 2010. We're at Nevada next year. At Michigan State in 2015.At Texas A&M 2019. At Ohio State 2021. Florida has not played a nonconference game outside of the state of florida since god knows when. And as of right now, that isn't scheduled to change until at least 2017.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You are counting Nevada?

Ask Boise if playing at Nevada is easy.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I guess Nebraska fans can take some solace in the fact that the Huskers may have just screwed Oklahoma out of a BCS Bowl by losing as badly as they did.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, if spending New Years in Los Angeles or Miami is your thing, then I guess it was meaningful. Otherwise it really only impacted where you will be going on vacation.

There are worse places to go play a bowl game.

Plus, you get a trophy and a ring.

All bowl games give out trophies.

And most bowl games cause the participating teams to lose money due to contractual obligations to buy "x" tickets.

And most bowl games cause the participating teams to lose money due to contractual obligations to buy "x" tickets.

We're talking about what it means for the players, not the schools themselves.

You also get one for winning the damn exhibition game they force you to play on vacation. Unless you're #1 or #2, by and large there just isn't the need for emotional investment on the part of the fans or the players.

Today, we are all otaku.

Maybe it's because I went to a mid major school and it's different, but I always thought winning your conference, in any sport, was always a big accomplishment. So you don't get to go to the National Title Game, okay, but that doesn't mean winning your own league championship is meaningless. It's an accomplishment and something to be proud of.

niagaraq.png

The ball was intended for the endzone and got tipped.

Well, a good quarterback doesn't get his pass tipped at the line.

Name one good quarterback that has never had his pass tipped at the line.

Also, hello everyone. =)

The decision to try to hurry up and catch 'Bama off guard is what cost the Bulldogs. Spike it and re-group, then throw the fade. Either that or try to pound it in once (which is how they scored the touchdown beforehand).

UGA's receiver went into instinct mode when he caught the ball. I felt sorry for him and for Georgia. However, as I said on my Facebook, 'Bama won the championship yesterday. They won't blow out Notre Dame, but I don't believe they'll win.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The ball was intended for the endzone and got tipped.

Well, a good quarterback doesn't get his pass tipped at the line.

Name one good quarterback that has never had his pass tipped at the line.

Also, hello everyone. =)

The decision to try to hurry up and catch 'Bama off guard is what cost the Bulldogs. Spike it and re-group, then throw the fade. Either that or try to pound it in once (which is how they scored the touchdown beforehand).

UGA's receiver went into instinct mode when he caught the ball. I felt sorry for him and for Georgia. However, as I said on my Facebook, 'Bama won the championship yesterday. They won't blow out Notre Dame, but I don't believe they'll win.

Bama is incredibly overrated. Notre Dame beats them.

Archived