2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

I take it Nebraska wants to go to Florida for the holidays. Why, I have no :censored: ing clue....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that if Nebraska and Texas both lose, NIU is going to jump to the 16th spot. So far, one of them is already happening, while the other, not so much. I'm really hoping that K-State can pull out the win, because I sure as hell don't want to play Oklahoma. I got a bad feeling if that's Oregon's Fiesta bowl matchup.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I take it Nebraska wants to go to Florida for the holidays. Why, I have no :censored: ing clue....

Well either Omaha Steaks must not be as good as those from Outback.

Or the team would much rather go to Mons Venus and 2001 Odyssey in Tampa than to Disneyland and eat in the Lawry's Beef Bowl.

I think that if Nebraska and Texas both lose, NIU is going to jump to the 16th spot. So far, one of them is already happening, while the other, not so much. I'm really hoping that K-State can pull out the win, because I sure as hell don't want to play Oklahoma. I got a bad feeling if that's Oregon's Fiesta bowl matchup.

YOU are not playing in a BCS game. The football team is.

Well either Omaha Steaks must not be as good as those from Outback.

Or the team would much rather go to Mons Venus and 2001 Odyssey in Tampa than to Disneyland and eat in the Lawry's Beef Bowl.

YOU are not playing in a BCS game. The football team is.

Alright fine, I wouldn't want Oregon playing Oklahoma. Better?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The problem with a lot of the playoff proposals I hear from fans is, they always exclude conferences like the Big East, C-USA, MAC, and Mountain West. We're afraid of Bowls become irrelevant, what happens when teams' entire seasons become irrelevant?

Nebraska clearly invited Indiana to play in their uniforms today.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I have a simple question: Could NIU go to a BCS Bowl due to Texas, and Nebraska losing?

Ayup. Especially if voters are watching the game tonight.

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm sure as hell going to be rooting for Notre Dame (as much as it pains me to) in the NCG. I've had enough of "SEC PAWWWLLL". I don't care if it's Notre Dame, I just want ANYONE to dethrone the SEC, so that maybe that conference will step up, and play a good nonconference game away from home (that means playing a game outside the state of Florida, gators).

and which opponent of Oregon's would fall into that category?

So all of these conference championship games except the SEC are having a hard time selling tickets, right? Here's the problem: they're all meaningless. The game is for who wins the conference, but at this point it just means the champion goes to a bowl game without a purpose. Nebraska and Wisconsin are playing for the Rose Bowl. Sweet. For what reason should Wisconsin and Nebraska get excited about that idea?

I don't get this at all. How in the hell are they meaningless when you explain WHY it should mean something in the next sentence? To win your conference. To be a champion. That is what you work hard for all season long and to participate in the championship game...well, it should be important. A goal to accomplish. To the players, coaches, and fans.

Even more, the game decides who gets to participate in a BCS bowl...which outside of the NCG, is a huge accomplishment delivering more $ to your program and exposure.

Such a strange thought process. I mean, I know your playoff suggestion is worth looking into and the current system could be improved upon for sure...but to discount what teams are currently playing for within the rules set forth before the season starts; I think it is crazy to say the games are meaningless and use them as an excuse for fans not showing up to the games or caring.

Maybe there IS a huge difference of thinking outside of the Southeast regarding football because you would never hear me or anyone I was raised with make such an outlandish comment. "The championship games are meaningless." Ha!

Possible BCS Bowl Projections:

Fiesta: K-State vs Oregon

Sugar: Florida vs Oklahoma/Louisville

Rose: Wisconsin vs Stanford

Orange: Florida State vs Louisville/NIU

NCG: Notre Dame vs Alabama

Projections are possible by definition, because they are estimates, not facts.

Maybe there IS a huge difference of thinking outside of the Southeast regarding football because you would never hear me or anyone I was raised with make such an outlandish comment. "The championship games are meaningless." Ha!

They might as well be for South Carolina. Especially once Spurrier's gone.

Today, we are all otaku.

They might as well be for South Carolina. Especially once Spurrier's gone.

Oh, you got me so good!

Archived