2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Hence the mentioning of "various media outlets" and "sports talk radio".....

I think it's a pretty fair complaint when something you love is overrun with something you hate.

Then maybe it's time to rethink what's worthy of your "hate."

No presidents ever said "Win one for the mid-major with the stupid blue field" in any movies. Notre Dame is good once in a generation. I think we can all deal.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highest rated College Football games this year. Guess people like watching Notre Dame and the SEC.

ncaatopovernights.gif

per sportsmediawatch.com

That is a terrible graph. It makes it look like The Notre Dame-USC game got more than double what the LSU-Alabama game did. You should start at 0, not at 5.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Nobody said the graph was good to begin with. It's still shows the overnight rating. Which is the only thing that matters.

Misleading graphs are a pet peeve of mine. It still makes the difference out to be more than it actually is.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The last time Georgia played Alabama was in 2008. How?!! They play in the same conference and, even though they are in different divisions they are supposed to play every other year.

More proof that the SEC is rigged to get Alabama to the Nat'l Championship every year. Bama had to play Missouri and Tennessee from the Eastern Division this year. Those two teams are in the bottom half of the SEC East. Bama has only had UGA, USC or UF on their schedule once in the past two years. Wtf?

The last time Georgia played Alabama was in 2008. How?!! They play in the same conference and, even though they are in different divisions they are supposed to play every other year.

More proof that the SEC is rigged to get Alabama to the Nat'l Championship every year. Bama had to play Missouri and Tennessee from the Eastern Division this year. Those two teams are in the bottom half of the SEC East. Bama has only had UGA, USC or UF on their schedule once in the past two years. Wtf?

For bolded statement #1:They are NOT to play every other year. When they had 12 teams, you had five games against your division, an annual cross-division rival (Alabama has Tennessee; Georgia has Auburn) with two against the other division which would vary.

Alabama was originally scheduled to rotate onto Georgia's 2012 schedule, but Missouri was added and Ole Miss became Georgia's cross-division rotating team.

Since 1984, they have played each other in: 1984-5; 1990-91; 1994-95; 2002-03; 2007-08.

So much for that "every other year" statement, huh?

For bolded statement #2: If that was the case, then why did it take Alabama so long to get to the BCS title game? Was the SEC "rigged" for Florida for the first 15 years of SEC divisional play?

1. Please do research before making such ridiculous comments that show you know zero.

2. Georgia had it just as easy this year as Alabama in regards to cross-division opponents; they had Auburn and Ole Piss.

3.300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

So perhaps Lights Off should refrain from listening to the various media outlets when it comes to college football talk for the next month, then. There is a big world outside ESPN and sports talk radio, you know.

Or he could, you know, not let it bother him so much. Let's face it, anything short of Boise State playing Northern Illinois in the NCG, and he's going to be unhappy. I'm just throwing this out there but maybe the media isn't the one who needs to adjust their perspective. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Headed to the BCS! All thanks to Teddy Bridgewater and Will Stein for pulling the team in the second half. Rutgers receivers choking like dogs

FYP

Rutgers receivers played so bad in the second half dropped passes, fumbles and penalties it almost looked like they threw the game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Headed to the BCS! All thanks to Teddy Bridgewater and Will Stein for pulling the team in the second half. Rutgers receivers choking like dogs

FYP

Rutgers receivers played so bad in the second half dropped passes, fumbles and penalties it almost looked like they threw the game.

Well, it is New Jersey. lol

Or he could, you know, not let it bother him so much.

It doesn't bother me that much since I don't watch too much ESPN to begin with, but I'm still going to root for whatever outcome doesn't result in everyone getting bombarded with annoying hype.

Let's face it, anything short of Boise State playing Northern Illinois in the NCG, and he's going to be unhappy.

You know when I'll be happy? When we have the first NCG in which both teams earned their spot on the field through a fair (i.e. not 4 teams hand-selected by a selection committee) playoff system.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Let's face it, anything short of Boise State playing Northern Illinois in the NCG, and he's going to be unhappy.

You know when I'll be happy? When we have the first NCG in which both teams earned their spot on the field through a fair (i.e. not 4 teams hand-selected by a selection committee) playoff system.

What would you constitute as fair?

Headed to the BCS! All thanks to Teddy Bridgewater and Will Stein for pulling the team in the second half.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived