2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Kent State and UCLA losing, there's still a slight chance that the worst Boise State team since Tharp might make the BCS. They would need to beat Nevada, Texas has to lose, then they'd have to move up to #16 in the rankings.

Not sure whether to be happy that a rebuilding year for this program still involves BCS contention or sad because they really don't deserve it this year. Actually, the defense deserves it, but the utter ineptitude of the offense would pretty much guarantee a blowout loss.

The bump NIU gets for picking off Kent State's going to push them past Boise.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not sure which team I hate more. I actually had an easier time watching LSU in this game last year against Georgia.

It's gotta be Nick Saban as to why everyone hates Bama. It's not like he's done all this with violation's (none yet we've heard). It's not like Miami, it's not like SC, it's not like Auburn. Bama has done it with wonderful coaching, and great recruiting tactics. It's understandable winning, breeds hate. Especially in College Football.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm not sure which team I hate more. I actually had an easier time watching LSU in this game last year against Georgia.

It's gotta be Nick Saban as to why everyone hates Bama. It's not like he's done all this with violation's (none yet we've heard). It's not like Miami, it's not like SC, it's not like Auburn. Bama has done it with wonderful coaching, and great recruiting tactics unethical roster stacking and attrition. It's understandable winning, breeds hate. Especially in College Football.

Fixed your post. I'm pretty sure Alabama has cycled through the equivalent of an entire additional recruiting class compared to much of the country in the last 4 years through pulled offers, pulled scholarships, and liberal abuse of the medical scholarship system.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's gotta be Nick Saban as to why everyone hates Bama. It's not like he's done all this with violation's (none yet we've heard). It's not like Miami, it's not like SC, it's not like Auburn. Bama has done it with wonderful coaching, and great recruiting tactics. It's understandable winning, breeds hate. Especially in College Football.

BINGO!!

The way Nick Satan :censored:ed over the Dolphins is my reason

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

...and (even though this isn't their fault) being awarded championships that they never should have had the rights to be playing for.

I mean, this is Alabama. They have more than enough championships to go around.

In regards to Saban, I actually don't mind him too much. The SEC is loaded with excellent recruiters and/or excellent recruiting draws. I'd be an enormous hypocrite to complain on those grounds.

spacer.png

I've seen nothing but empty seats in every conference championship game...tickets going for so much less than face value in the free market. ACC Championship game tickets have been floating around $4 a piece for the past week or two...at last minute today, they are going for $2 per seat or a whole row of tickets for $48.

Meanwhile, at 4pm in the BCS NCG play-in game...tickets are nearly hitting $300 in the free market. That is 3x the face value ($300).

That says something about football in the SEC. Why can't others do the same? They aren't being priced out, apparently.

My distaste for 'Bama is purely based on being a Gator fan and them being "Bama. There is no real merit.

The only thing that bothers me is the level of insanity from their fanbase, but the same can be said for the Florida fanbase when looked upon from the outside. *shrug*

fP8H4Wf.jpg

It's gotta be Nick Saban as to why everyone hates Bama. It's not like he's done all this with violation's (none yet we've heard). It's not like Miami, it's not like SC, it's not like Auburn. Bama has done it with wonderful coaching, and great recruiting tactics unethical roster stacking and attrition. It's understandable winning, breeds hate. Especially in College Football.

Fixed your post. I'm pretty sure Alabama the entire SEC has cycled through the equivalent of an entire additional recruiting class compared to much of the country in the last 4 years through pulled offers, pulled scholarships, and liberal abuse of the medical scholarship system.

Fixed again. I've got personal reasons why I don't like Alabama, doesn't have anything to do with Nick Saban or them being successful. I'm really pulling for Georgia because an Alabama-Notre Dame title game might be the worst possible scenario for me out of every FBS team.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Why can't others do the same?

1. Most Conferences IIRC parse out at least some of their tickets to every school.

2. SEC Championship Game tickets are like Packers' tickets. They're yours until you don't want them anymore. This combined with the large swath of Bammers who bought tickets when the game was starting out in Birmingham, helps.

Today, we are all otaku.

I've seen nothing but empty seats in every conference championship game...tickets going for so much less than face value in the free market. ACC Championship game tickets have been floating around $4 a piece for the past week or two...at last minute today, they are going for $2 per seat or a whole row of tickets for $48.

Meanwhile, at 4pm in the BCS NCG play-in game...tickets are nearly hitting $300 in the free market. That is 3x the face value ($300).

That says something about football in the SEC. Why can't others do the same? They aren't being priced out, apparently.

Well it's pretty hard to pack the house with a 6-6 GT in it, isn't that right?

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

1. Most Conferences IIRC parse out at least some of their tickets to every school.

2. SEC Championship Game tickets are like Packers' tickets. They're yours until you don't want them anymore. This combined with the large swath of Bammers who bought tickets when the game was starting out in Birmingham, helps.

Each SEC school gets a portion of tickets as well. Those can't be held onto year after year.

At any rate, I feel like all of that is irrelevant to my point because people are still packing the house for the SECCG...and paying a high price to get in.

How come Stanford can't pack their own house for a championship game and possible trip to the Rose Bowl? You didn't really provide a reason that would keep fans away from these other championship games.

Each SEC school gets a portion of tickets as well. Those can't be held onto year after year.

At any rate, I feel like all of that is irrelevant to my point because people are still packing the house for the SECCG...and paying a high price to get in.

How come Stanford can't pack their own house for a championship game and possible trip to the Rose Bowl? You didn't really provide a reason that would keep fans away from these other championship games.

Because college football is less important to people in other parts of the country than it is in the south. I don't mean that as a put-down.

I think more people in SEC country become fans of schools that they never attended than what happens here in Big Ten country. For that reason you don't see people flocking to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship Game. (also the best team isn't participating and you can bet OSU would pack the stadium. And I think part of the problem the Big Ten has it the nuetral site location thing. I think the B1G would benefit from one of their teams hosting in their own stadium)

What else does anyone in Alabama have when it comes to sports besides Alabama football?

PvO6ZWJ.png

As the season concludes, it really pains me to say this:

FOX and Gus Johnson doing games is very bad (they have had poor audio since week 1), however both Mike Patrick and Verne Vundquist have both lost it.

Verne has signed on to work SEC games for two more years, but I agree with Slate's thoughts after the aTm/Alabama game and that there needs to be a sit-down.

Archived