2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Oh no they don't sell tickets. Probably a reason one of you will complain.

I think it's more the fact that they lost to Iowa, and are getting a BCS birth than the fact that they won't sell tickets.

Stanford lost to Washington. Kansas State lost to Baylor. Florida State lost to NC State. And Louisville... Well... Louisville.

NIU got to the BCS the same way the others did through the rules of the BCS. Sorry.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's more the fact that they lost to Iowa, and are getting a BCS birth than the fact that they won't sell tickets.

Stanford lost to Washington. Kansas State lost to Baylor. Florida State lost to NC State. And Louisville... Well... Louisville.

NIU got to the BCS the same way the others did through the rules of the BCS. Sorry.

All of those teams would beat the piss out of Iowa.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

All of those teams would beat the piss out of Iowa.

Louisville lost to 5-7 UConn at home... While all the other teams I mentioned were 7-5 (including Louisville's other loss to Syracuse.)

I get that Iowa wasn't good this year, but it's not as forgone as I think you'd like to think.

And NIU's loss to Iowa was a one-point game in the first game of the year at Soldier Field in Chicago. Not as awful as you're making it out.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Are you 100% positive? Just checking, you seem like a psychic.

Iowa lost to Central Michigan. At home.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

LaTech got a little cocky and declined the Independence Bowl bid hoping for a better one, and when it didn't happened they tried to crawl back into it and got laughed at. What a bizarre situation that is. Bulldog fans/players must be irate!

I dunno, spending the holidays an hour down the road in Shreveport playing against a program that's a half hour from you...well, I think I might choose to miss the postseason too.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Most crushing sporting experience of my life. To watch Conley catch that pass and the last 5 seconds tick off the clock all while being like 20 yards from it. Man. What ifs forever.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

LaTech got a little cocky and declined the Independence Bowl bid hoping for a better one, and when it didn't happened they tried to crawl back into it and got laughed at. What a bizarre situation that is. Bulldog fans/players must be irate!

I dunno, spending the holidays an hour down the road in Shreveport playing against a program that's a half hour from you...well, I think I might choose to miss the postseason too.

And that they did.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20121202/fbc-la-tech-no-bowl/?utm_hp_ref=media&ir=media

Georgia slipping to #7 is an absolute travesty.

Does it really matter at this point? Do any of the rankings matter other than Alabama, Notre Dame, and Northern Illinois?

Nobody should be whining about NIU if they haven't first mentioned there's an 8-5 team in the Rose Bowl. (Another) two great examples this year of why this BCS stuff is pretty much pure bunk.

Nobody should be whining about NIU if they haven't first mentioned there's an 8-5 team in the Rose Bowl. (Another) two great examples this year of why this BCS stuff is pretty much pure bunk.

And the Big East having an automatic spot as well. The de facto Conference Championship on Tuesday was between two unranked teams!

I only suggest twelve teams because that would mirror the NFL in a way, and also because there are usually more than just eight teams that finish with records in the neighborhood of 10-2. I mean, take this year:

12 win team(s): Notre Dame, Ohio State

11 win teams: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Stanford, and Kansas State

10 win teams: LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Nebraska

13 teams, so it doesn't settle in perfectly, until one remembers that OSU screwed their eligibility

At this point, the only legitimate debate would be the teams that receive first round byes. I figure those teams would've likely been ND, 'Bama, Florida, and Georgia. I don't think you have a legit gripe about being left out of the playoff picture when you have more than two losses.

spacer.png

I'm probably one of the few that is happy for Northern Illinois and the MAC. For the the first time ever, a MAC school has broken through the proverbial glass ceiling.

I don't understand why people are bitching here. NIU did what they had to do and if it wasn't for a 1 point loss to hapless Iowa, they would be unbeaten.

Heck, they have a decent chance to beat Florida State in the Orange Bowl.

I'm probably one of the few that is happy for Northern Illinois and the MAC. For the the first time ever, a MAC school has broken through the proverbial glass ceiling.

I don't understand why people are bitching here. NIU did what they had to do and if it wasn't for a 1 point loss to hapless Iowa, they would be unbeaten.

I agree as well. ESPN is currently upset how they made it to a BCS bowl instead of Oklahoma. NIU has won every conference game (which is essential for a mid-major to make the BCS) and outside of the Iowa game, they were great. I also agree that they have a very good chance for them to beat FSU especially that NIU has Jordan Lynch at QB.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I am happy for them as well. Although I hate the conference, they proved to be the best.

Although I can't say I feel like they have much of chance in this game. They did after all just lose their coach. A win by the Huskies would have to go down as the biggest BCS upset of all time.

Archived