2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Remember Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl vs. Georgia? That's NIU in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I remember that game. But, do you remember Utah beating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a few years back? Need I remind you about what Boise State did?

It can be done. I say that Northern Illinois has a chance to compete with Florida State and possibly beat them.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I remember that game. But, do you remember Utah beating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a few years back? Need I remind you about what Boise State did?

It can be done. I say that Northern Illinois has a chance to compete with Florida State and possibly beat them.

NIU doesn't belong in the same breath as the rest of those schools. They are also coachless. This game has "rout" written all over it.

6uXNWAo.png

The Seminoles damn near lost to Georgia Tech last night. The 6-7 Georgia Tech team that lost to Middle Tennessee State. I wouldn't rule out NIU being able to make a game of this.

Florida v. Louisville should be an interesting matchup. Teddy Bridgewater vs Florida's D.

Projections:

Florida: 24

Louisville: 17

Ahhhhh.....No.

To reiterate:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't understand why people are bitching here. NIU did what they had to do and if it wasn't for a 1 point loss to hapless Iowa, they would be unbeaten.

NIU has no stars upon thars and can only be allowed into the party if they're being set up to be mocked. They're the ugly girl, the Orange Bowl is the closet where you put on a blindfold and make out with someone, and Florida State is a pig.

Nobody should be whining about NIU if they haven't first mentioned there's an 8-5 team in the Rose Bowl.

Well, let's ask a putative composite of a Big Ten fan what he thinks!

While the first impulse would be to say that this makes the B1G the worst conference, you first have to consider that they're only in this because the historically great programs of Penn State and Ohio State are being punished for some notable yet ultimately fleeting indiscretions. However, when you consider the pride and grace that they've shown in taking their sanctions while continuing to be the legends and leaders that make us all celebrate everything that is right and good with student-athletes, in another way, the B1G is actually the best conference. I ingest domestic beer through a hose with a funnel on it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Didn't realize the goal here is to to treat Northern Illinois like crap here. They won the games they needed to win and got high enough in the rankings to earn a bid.

I'm sorry, that is just how it is.

BTW: Louisiana Tech's loss is Iowa State's gain. Funny how the former AD of the Cyclones ended up benefitting them. :P

No one's trying to dump on NIU just because.

Just that odds are high that Florida State will hammer them big time. Why? Because, regardless of their underachieving nature of the past two years, Florida State has more star power on their bench than NIU has on the field. Colt Brennan's Hawai'i (Rainbow) Warriors were better than this NIU team.

spacer.png

While realignment has ruined some great conference matchups, it'll be nice to see some of these teams play each other in a bowl game.

Oklahoma vs. A&M (Cotton Bowl)

West Virginia vs. Syraucse (Pinstripes Bowl)

San Diego State vs. BYU (Poinsettia Bowl)

Rutgers vs. Virginia Tech (Russell Athletic)

Georgia represents another perennial screw job the system brings. Georgia goes from playing for the BCS title game down to the Capital One Bowl while Florida sits itself into the Sugar Bowl. Georgia beat Florida but because Georgia earned an extra game to play in, it's punished.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Georgia represents another perennial screw job the system brings. Georgia goes from playing for the BCS title game down to the Capital One Bowl while Florida sits itself into the Sugar Bowl. Georgia beat Florida but because Georgia earned an extra game to play in, it's punished.

Agreed. Also on the hot topic of NIU, if they had a coach I'd give them a shot. (Especially a coach like Chris Peterson) But, overall FSU will destroy the Huskies.

I am looking forward to maybe see some trick plays from a team that has nothing to lose. I expect the trick plays to go something like this though.

Just like Mizzou in 07, right?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

That was slightly different in that Mizzou was ranked ahead of Kansas that year and still got passed over, but yeah kind of the same.

Who's to say that wouldn't have happened again this year, because the BCS loves them some Florida, but again, it just points to flaws of the system.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't know who that is but you look like McLovin.

also, lol at Americans abandoning their classic root-for-the-underdog spirit when a college football team outside the Holy Quorum of Exploitation gets to join in the reindeer games. Any other sport and everyone would be all "let's go storybook finish!" but here it's just "you are going to be dominated and deserve to be dominated now get out and stay out and don't get any big ideas like this ever again."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That was slightly different in that Mizzou was ranked ahead of Kansas that year and still got passed over, but yeah kind of the same.

Who's to say that wouldn't have happened again this year, because the BCS loves them some Florida, but again, it just points to flaws of the system.

It really highlights the heinous nature of two team limits, because while I agree that Georgia had a case over Florida (I said this many, many times in fact), I am not about to hear an argument about an 11-1 Florida team, that had the toughest schedule in the nation, NOT being BCS worthy. That would also be lunacy.

spacer.png

Who the :censored: cares about ESPN and what they think? That's what I have read many times here, yet now we bitch about NIU getting their chance in the sun. We get it, it's flawed. We can propose our own stupid fan boy playoff pictures till we're blue in the face. Guess what! Nobody is listening, I get this is a place where one can vent frustration and have their own say in matters.

We all think we're experts. But it boils down to one thing. We're all fans! It's either we complain that our team didn't get a fair shake, or we shoot down a conference because scheduled some crap FCS team in November. It should be a really simple thing this BCS, but it's not.

So for two more years, we just have to watch and see people here blowup because something didn't go their way.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Who the :censored: cares about ESPN and what they think? That's what I have read many times here, yet now we bitch about NIU getting their chance in the sun. We get it, it's flawed. We can propose our own stupid fan boy playoff pictures till we're blue in the face. Guess what! Nobody is listening, I get this is a place where one can vent frustration and have their own say in matters.

We all think we're experts. But it boils down to one thing. We're all fans! It's either we complain that our team didn't get a fair shake, or we shoot down a conference because scheduled some crap FCS team in November. It should be a really simple thing this BCS, but it's not.

So for two more years, we just have to watch and see people here blowup because something didn't go their way.

Welcome to every sports site on the internet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived