2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Last I checked, the UFL does still exist...whatever little bit is left of it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When your crosstown rival is Lane Kiffin, you have to fight fire with fire. There's no fighting clean in the media war in that rivalry.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This time last year we had all the conference realignment talk going down, really all that's happened this "offseason" is players getting arrested.

It would be nice if for a change they talked about football during the offseason. Just a thought.

This. Seriously, I would love to talk about just about any aspect of college football, but nobody is willing to do it.

I'll start with something.

I don't think Texas is a top 10 team like others are making them out to be.

Hey, someone else who wants to talk football! On a football thread! I totally agree about Texas, they are almost perennially overhyped because they have so many fans and so much media coverage. And I think Ash has bust written all over him. But maybe that's just me.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Rumors on twitter are that this failed 3rd drug test makes him ineligible. So much for McNeese State, afterall. Honey Badger don't play!

Wow, you got to be some kind of dumb to fail a drug test 3 times, especially with everything that he had on the line.

But yeah, football-wise LSU just lost a pretty big impact player. They're still gonna be damn good, but now it puts pressure on the Tigers to find anybody who could possibly be as big of a gamebreaker as he was.

Or aqua and orange.

What?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

He is listed at 5'9" so that means he is really 1-2 inches shorter. Not good for a NFL corner.

He could always switch to free safety.

And would have to cover the slot WR or TE/WR hybrid. OK. He is still inches shorter and at least 25 lbs. less than Reed, Weddle, Earl Thomas, Polamalu.

He is listed at 5'9" so that means he is really 1-2 inches shorter. Not good for a NFL corner.

And would have to cover the slot WR or TE/WR hybrid. OK. He is still inches shorter and at least 25 lbs. less than Reed, Weddle, Earl Thomas, Polamalu.

None of that seemed/seems to bother Ronde Barber?who by the way is "listed" at 5' 10".

Measurables, shmeasurables. If the guy can ball, he can ball (if he can stay clean, that is). Bump the height?that's overrated. Need proof? There's a guy in Charlotte by the name of Steve Smith, a guy in Jacksonville by the name of Maurice Jones-Drew, a platoon of midgets in New England, and a "midget" of a QB in New Orleans by the name of Drew Brees, who is "listed" at 6' 0"?which by the way is one inch shorter than the "listed" height of Michael Vick. (Those last two speak for themselves...and y'all know the adage about quarterback height.)

All of which is to say...bump the measurables; let's see what he/they can do on the field.

None of that seemed/seems to bother Ronde Barber?who by the way is "listed" at 5' 10".

Measurables, shmeasurables. If the guy can ball, he can ball (if he can stay clean, that is). Bump the height?that's overrated. Need proof? There's a guy in Charlotte by the name of Steve Smith, a guy in Jacksonville by the name of Maurice Jones-Drew, a platoon of midgets in New England, and a "midget" of a QB in New Orleans by the name of Drew Brees, who is "listed" at 6' 0"?which by the way is one inch shorter than the "listed" height of Michael Vick. (Those last two speak for themselves...and y'all know the adage about quarterback height.)

All of which is to say...bump the measurables; let's see what he/they can do on the field.

Let's see him first get his life in order.

As for the list of players you gave, only one plays on the defensive side of the ball.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On Wednesday, the Pac-12 Network begins. If you have Comcast/xfinity, Cox, TimeWarner, or BrightHouse, you should get the National network. DirecTV and DishNet are not going to have it to start.

FYI (credit LA Times):

How can I watch?

If Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Cox or BrightHouse is your cable TV provider and you live in a Pac-12 home market ? for example, Los Angeles, home of UCLA/USC, or Seattle, home to the University of Washington ? the network is part of your basic cable package.

If you subscribe to one of those providers and live within the league's geographical footprint: Arizona California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado or Utah ? the network should be available as part of a digital-basic package, which, depending on the provider, could carry an additional cost.

And if you subscribe to one of those providers and live elsewhere in the U.S., the network will be available on a sports tier, meaning the provider can either add it to the basic package or make it a separate option.

Q; If you live outside the U.S.?

A; Well, forget it. The Pac-12 Networks are not distributed internationally.

or look here

Austin will get the Pac-12 Network, but not the Longhorn Network.

On Wednesday, the Pac-12 Network begins. If you have Comcast/xfinity, Cox, TimeWarner, or BrightHouse, you should get the National network. DirecTV and DishNet are not going to have it to start.

FYI (credit LA Times):

How can I watch?

If Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Cox or BrightHouse is your cable TV provider and you live in a Pac-12 home market ? for example, Los Angeles, home of UCLA/USC, or Seattle, home to the University of Washington ? the network is part of your basic cable package.

If you subscribe to one of those providers and live within the league's geographical footprint: Arizona California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado or Utah ? the network should be available as part of a digital-basic package, which, depending on the provider, could carry an additional cost.

And if you subscribe to one of those providers and live elsewhere in the U.S., the network will be available on a sports tier, meaning the provider can either add it to the basic package or make it a separate option.

or look here

Well that's one hell of a development. Do you think that means anything? Possible conference realignment implications?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

FYI (credit LA Times):

How can I watch?

or look here

Well that's one hell of a development. Do you think that means anything? Possible conference realignment implications?

I still think Texas will end up in the Pac-12. Not now but maybe 5 years from now. 2017 seems like a good year for the real realignment eruption.

All it means is that Time-Warner made a better deal with the Pac-12 in terms all of it's broadcast areas which was a better ROI than having TLN in a few markets in Texas.

On Wednesday, the Pac-12 Network will start in more households than the BTN started out in. However, the Pac-12 is on their own in terms of costs/operations while the BTN is partnered with FOX. Pac-12 has larger startup costs.

FYI (credit LA Times):

How can I watch?

or look here

ESPN doesn't have bonuses on their diplomacy stat; it has penalties.

/That's all

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I find it completely moronic that kids lose a chance at a world class education because of a harmless drug. When will this world understand and learn that Marijuana isn't something that should be the deciding factor in a kid losing a great education. There are many many many large public figures and wealthy people that have used marijuana and succeeded.

spacer.png

Archived