2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Also, Montee Ball was apparently jumped last night in Madison by 5 dudes he claims he doesn't know and he is now in the hospital... My personal guesstimation (solely just based on my experiences in college) is that this started at a club. And at least 1 of the 5 dudes was jealous that Ball was pullin in any chick he wanted at the club, so he probably took any chance to try and start something with Ball. Maybe Ball stepped on his shoes or something.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8222009/wisconsin-badgers-rb-montee-ball-victim-unprovoked-attack

While that could be, there's just as good a chance that he was just randomly jumped by some townies that saw him walking alone and had no idea who he was.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Montee Ball was apparently jumped last night in Madison by 5 dudes he claims he doesn't know and he is now in the hospital... My personal guesstimation (solely just based on my experiences in college) is that this started at a club. And at least 1 of the 5 dudes was jealous that Ball was pullin in any chick he wanted at the club, so he probably took any chance to try and start something with Ball. Maybe Ball stepped on his shoes or something.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8222009/wisconsin-badgers-rb-montee-ball-victim-unprovoked-attack While that could be, there's just as good a chance that he was just randomly jumped by some townies that saw him walking alone and had no idea who he was.

In a football crazed town like Madison I'd say there is close to a 0% chance Ball isn't recognized at all times. I highly doubt this was random.

90758391980.gif

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8222009/wisconsin-badgers-rb-montee-ball-victim-unprovoked-attack While that could be, there's just as good a chance that he was just randomly jumped by some townies that saw him walking alone and had no idea who he was.

In a football crazed town like Madison I'd say there is close to a 0% chance Ball isn't recognized at all times. I highly doubt this was random.

I'd say there's a 95% chance that the people that jumped him do/did not attend the University of Wisconsin. There's a decent chance they didn't know him. The people probably saw him from a little ways away walking by himself, and just came up and jumped him.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

First major Nittany Lion has transferred.

Silus Redd to USC

USC benefits from a crappy situation, getting their first high profile running back since Bush/White.

Literally the one team that didn't need anymore help!

Well, I don't think he's going to have as much of an impact this year as others do. He has to learn the whole playbook in a month. Of course, people said that about Russell Wilson too...

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Silus Redd to USC

USC benefits from a crappy situation, getting their first high profile running back since Bush/White.

Well, I don't think he's going to have as much of an impact this year as others do. He has to learn the whole playbook in a month. Of course, people said that about Russell Wilson too...

I'm sure they'll ease him in. Even Lane Kiffin can't screw this SC team up.......

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Silus Redd to USC

I'm sure they'll ease him in. Even Lane Kiffin can't screw this SC team up.......

You know, despite everything they have, I still have the feeling that this USC team is going to screw up badly. They just have so little depth (at all positions other than running back), that one injury could spell doom for them. Almost no team stays injury free through a season.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Silus Redd to USC

If there's one offensive position where a guy can learn a playbook in a hurry, it's RB.

Sure, they gotta know which way the blockers are going, but being a running back is more about instinct than it is strategy....

Silus Redd to USC

You know, despite everything they have, I still have the feeling that this USC team is going to screw up badly. They just have so little depth (at all positions other than running back), that one injury could spell doom for them. Almost no team stays injury free through a season.

I just have a feeling that they lose to Utah or Wazzu before facing Oregon.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Silus Redd to USC

Heh, same. That'd be something, wouldn't it?

Silus Redd to USC

Heh, same. That'd be something, wouldn't it?

It's all these trap games that gets teams losses. It's what happened to Oklahoma State last year in the trap game that was Iowa St.

I dunno folks, the "Kiffykins can't coach" meme has kind of taken a beating in the last year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, the coaches' poll came out, and it's the typical garbage. Of course, half the SEC got ranked, deserving or not, so the whole conference can hold their padded strength of schedule over everyone else. Outside of the usual SEC bull :censored:, Texas at #17 and Notre Dame at #24 are particularly egregious errors.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Notre Dame being ranked in the preseason despite not deserving it is as traditional for them as touching the Play Like a Champion Today sign.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Pretty pleased with WVU at #11 and with 6 Big 12 teams starting the season ranked. Wouldn't surprise me if only 4 end the season ranked though.

Georgia jumps out at me as a little overrated also at #6. They have an excellent QB in Aaron Murray but I think the losses of Crowell and Boykin could be big. And it seems to me they never quite live up to expectations.

Also I think Clemson should be ahead of FSU but I think the buttwhooping they took from WVU still weighs pretty heavy on people's minds. I'm betting Clemson finishes the season in the Top 10 and as ACC Champs again.

90758391980.gif

And speakibg of preseason rankings, for the second consecutive year, Florida State has found its way up into the top 10...this time at #7.

That was probably before Greg Reid got kicked off the squad, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Despite none of the Big East teams being ranked, I could see Louisville and Cincy ranked in the Top 15 and 25 respectively. Louisville has Teddy Bridgewater and his trio of wideouts. They also have a strong D and have one of the more dominant safeties in the BE in Hakeem Smith. If I learned one thing about BE football, it's that you never underrate Cincinnati. After all, they won or shared 3 of the last 4 BE titles.

So, the coaches' poll came out, and it's the typical garbage. Of course, half the SEC got ranked, deserving or not, so the whole conference can hold their padded strength of schedule over everyone else. Outside of the usual SEC bull :censored:, Texas at #17 and Notre Dame at #24 are particularly egregious errors.

You forgot the deeper item/stat. This was the first time since USA Today took over the poll in 1991 that the #1 team received less first place votes than the #2 team (and the # team as well).

Despite giving up nearly half their points to three teams (OU, OSU, Baylor) Texas' defense was good last year, their offense was equally awful. As for Notre Dame, they were -13 in turnovers in their losses and many of those were catastrophic since they immediately resulted in a score, or into a drive which led to points. The Irish in their losses were under 50% in getting points when within the Red Zone.

Despite none of the Big East teams being ranked, I could see Louisville and Cincy ranked in the Top 15 and 25 respectively. Louisville has Teddy Bridgewater and his trio of wideouts. They also have a strong D and have one of the more dominant safeties in the BE in Hakeem Smith. If I learned one thing about BE football, it's that you never underrate Cincinnati. After all, they won or shared 3 of the last 4 BE titles.

High grade Colombian stuff at work here. Nothing at all like that run-of-the-mill Mexican crap.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived