2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

The MAC is fun if you turn your brain off and ignore the rest of College Football outside of the MAC.

As a graduate and fan of a MAC school, I root for them to win the MAC and to win their bowl game. I'm under no delusion that they'll contend for the national championship.

I would also assume that it puts less stress on the fan. Like, for me, I know that one loss ruins the season, while Ohio can lose a few games and still win the MAC. I tell you, watching Duck football games are some of the most nerve wrecking things I do.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8632264/sugar-bowl-espn-reaches-12-year-deal-air-game

And with that, we are one step closer to the inevitable Global sports domination of ESPN.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

http://espn.go.com/c...r-deal-air-game

And with that, we are one step closer to the inevitable Global sports domination of ESPN.

Coming from a kid who is an Oregon/Uncle Phil fan.

Son, you apparently did not know about the Forbes.com story from last Friday. ESPN is valued at $40B and accounts for 57% of Disney's operating income. They have the money since you (or your parents) pay $5.13/month for ESPN and they essentially give away their other channels for free (from $0.61 for espn2 to like $0.14 for ESPNEWS). That does not even account advertising revenue since sports are rarely put on DVR and watched later, they are watched while being recorded.

Who else really was going to outbid them for it? CBS was not, even with Turner as a partner.

Comcast/NBC committed their monies into the Olympics every two years until 2020 and Sunday NFL through 2022 to the tune of $15B in the last 18 months. NBC's cable networks have had cash flow fall since the start of 2012.

FOX may have but their four years with the BCS sucked and their current NCAA product is not much better.

Keep in mind, there is that emerging player in US cable sport from Qatar....Al Jazeera (BeIN Sport).

The caveat for this newest incarnation of the Sugar Bowl is interesting with the whole "SEC/Big 12 champs meeting in the event that they aren't in the four-team playoff."

The scenarios in which neither one of the the SEC and Big 12 champions is somehow not one of the Top 4 teams in the country are few and far between.

And I guess hypothetically, the two champs could meet in a playoff game in the Sugar Bowl in years it's part of the rotation.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much and I really don't care.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The caveat for this newest incarnation of the Sugar Bowl is interesting with the whole "SEC/Big 12 champs meeting in the event that they aren't in the four-team playoff."

The scenarios in which neither one of the the SEC and Big 12 champions is somehow not one of the Top 4 teams in the country are few and far between.

And I guess hypothetically, the two champs could meet in a playoff game in the Sugar Bowl in years it's part of the rotation.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much and I really don't care.

The title game will be bid out each year through a separate process similar to the Super Bowl.

The six games will include three "contract bowls" and three "host bowls."

When the contract bowls (Rose/Sugar/Orange), do not host semifinals, are reserved for teams that have deals with those bowls.

The Rose Bowl has a longtime relationship with the Pac-12 & Big Ten. The Sugar Bowl locked in the Big XII and SEC. The Orange Bowl has signed a deal with the ACC facing Notre Dame, or a SEC or an ACC team.

Champions of each conference will play unless those teams are selected for the four-team playoff that also starts in 2014. In that case, other highly ranked teams from the leagues will play in the game. Poor Boise and Big East.

That said, starting in 2014, Bill Hancock will still be the director of the new playoff system.

http://espn.go.com/c...r-deal-air-game

Coming from a kid who is an Oregon/Uncle Phil fan.

Son, you apparently did not know about the Forbes.com story from last Friday. ESPN is valued at $40B and accounts for 57% of Disney's operating income. They have the money since you (or your parents) pay $5.13/month for ESPN and they essentially give away their other channels for free (from $0.61 for espn2 to like $0.14 for ESPNEWS). That does not even account advertising revenue since sports are rarely put on DVR and watched later, they are watched while being recorded.

This means Skip Bayless is going to get a cameo as a Jedi in Episode VII, correct?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This means Skip Bayless is going to get a cameo as a Jedi in Episode VII, correct?

I may just commit seppuku if that happens.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thanks for an explanation of things I already knew/didn't ask for.

Then look here kiddo.

http://www.sbnation....-access-history

Awesome.

I understand the system, sparky.

What are you trying to prove, dfwaffle? That your Googles are better than mine?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

What's with all the, "I'm old and you're a kid!" stuff?

It's a way of conveying a (false) sense of authority in a given situation or on a given subject...also it's a good way to be a wang, sport.

tumblr_m8cnq9DiIT1rvi88zo1_1280.png

Relevant:

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You know, make-up calls typically happen during the same game, not a week later Big Ten refs.... <_<

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can someone please explain to me what in hell is happening in Columbia right now? Wofford and South Carolina tied at 7 at halftime.

Can someone please explain to me what in hell is happening in Columbia right now? Wofford and South Carolina tied at 7 at halftime.

It's the SEC Gauntlet. Every week is a battle.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived