2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Who runs the ball almost exclusively when they are driving to win the game, not only to end regulation but also in overtime??

Most sane coaches?

With one minute to go when they've had zero success running the ball for the first 59??

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who runs the ball almost exclusively when they are driving to win the game, not only to end regulation but also in overtime??

Most sane coaches?

With one minute to go when they've had zero success running the ball for the first 59??

That is less defensible, although the card does probably say "play for overtime at home".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Most sane coaches?

That is less defensible, although the card does probably say "play for overtime at home".

When you have the ball at midfield with 60 seconds on the clock?

No. Chip, in his own douchey way, was trying -- trying to win his way.

6uXNWAo.png

Kelly is as good as gone at the end of the season anyways, with Kansas City or Cleveland as likely destinations.

With how bad Chip's playcalling was, I don't see why any NFL team would hire him. It's been abundantly clear his whole time at Oregon that he can't adjust against stout COLLEGE run defenses. How does he expect to run his system his way against PRO defenses?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Kelly is as good as gone at the end of the season anyways, with Kansas City or Cleveland as likely destinations.

That argument would hold more water if Oregon was totally eliminated from Rose Bowl contention.

Besides, it's not going to be an NFL job opening that makes Kelly leave Oregon, it'll be the NCAA sanctions.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Am I the only one happy about the Ducks getting exposed? The hype around that team was sickening.

Losing on OT to a ranked team is being "exposed"? K-State might have been exposed, but I say Oregon just got beat.

No, I'd say they were exposed. Once again, when met with a tough, talented defense, that highly-touted Oregon offense sputtered and wheezed... plus, Chip Kelly didn't help matters with his lackluster playcalling.

Ah yes, Oregon's one weakness. Team's playing incredible defense with a great gameplan. How foolish of him to fall for that :rolleyes:

Also, in terms of Oregon being "exposed", you conveniently left out the part where they too played great defense, proving that they can compete even when their offense is not playing well. I will agree, Chip's playcalling was lackluster, but to say that Oregon was exposed would be like saying that Alabama was exposed by Texas A&M. Sometimes, good teams get outplayed.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow... You know, it's that time of the year where monkey wrenches are bound to appear and boy, did they appear.

K-State getting backhanded by Baylor is somewhat shocking, but again... Baylor's offense is pretty good.

Oregon getting shut down is more shocking. It feels weird to see that go-go-go offense become mortal, you know.

If anything, there are plenty of smiles coming from Tuscaloosa. All they had to do is waltz past hapless Western Carolina and then, they could watch the chaos unfold in their favor... funny how that works, you know.

That argument would hold more water if Oregon was totally eliminated from Rose Bowl contention.

Besides, it's not going to be an NFL job opening that makes Kelly leave Oregon, it'll be the NCAA sanctions.

Hi, Kevin. ^_^

/The last eight times a Big XII team has played ranked #1 in the nation, they're 2-6. Holy hell.

6fQjS3M.png

...along with their Romney/Reagan/Republican fan base. Sick and tired of them.

Seriously? You're bringing that into a football discussion?

Anyway, don't give me the SEC stuff. It took me an hour of waiting before I finally went to my computer for A&M highlights. Why? Because all ESPN was covering was K-State, Oregon, and ND. That and USC/UCLA. Believe me, if your precious Notre Dame wins the BCS, people will instantly go "there's an SEC?"

Oregon won't drop that far. Maybe #5. I can see Kansas State dropping to the 9-10 range, though.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Anyway, don't give me the SEC stuff. It took me an hour of waiting before I finally went to my computer for A&M highlights. Why? Because all ESPN was covering was K-State, Oregon, and ND. That and USC/UCLA. Believe me, if your precious Notre Dame wins the BCS, people will instantly go "there's an SEC?"

Oregon won't drop that far. Maybe #5. I can see Kansas State dropping to the 9-10 range, though.

It took you forever to fins a&m highlights ebcause you were playing an FCS team in november

PROTIP: SEC team brutalizing a I-AA team isn't going to make the highlight reel. Especially when said SEC team is not in the national or Conference title conversation and a bunch of teams that were lost.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived