Super Bowl XLVI Uniforms

Cujo

The Dolphins and Redskins played twice, but wore opposing uniforms in each game.

Same for the 49ers and Bengals.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the Patriots will choose to wear white. That is gimicky BS that is beneath them, and I say that as someone who hates the Patriots. I can almost understand the Steelers choosing to wear white because they had won the three previous games in white, but for the most part, no self respecting team should forgo wearing their home jersey out of superstition.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I love this look for the Superbowl. The Patriots have such a wonderful set and the Giants have a decent looking road uniform. It should be a great match-up, I just hope the outcome is different than their last Superbowl!

spacer.png

I don't think the Patriots will choose to wear white. That is gimicky BS that is beneath them, and I say that as someone who hates the Patriots. I can almost understand the Steelers choosing to wear white because they had won the three previous games in white, but for the most part, no self respecting team should forgo wearing their home jersey out of superstition.

I remember last year a lot of this board's dummies were convinced the Packers were going to wear their white jerseys for the same reason the 05 Steelers did. The Packers chose to wear green because that silly superstition was beneath them. The Patriots feel like the same kind of organization as Green Bay. I guarantee they'll wear blue.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think the Patriots will choose to wear white. That is gimicky BS that is beneath them.

Which is why they wore white at home against the Cowboys this year too, right?

That was dumb, but a 3:15 game on a Sunday in October is hardly akin to the Super Bowl. Also, the Pats had worn white at home a few times in recent years, so it wasn't just a "gotcha!" to the Cowboys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Do you think the Super Bowl XLVI patch is gonna have the stadium or no stadium in the background?

Nope.

That version is the "regional" logo or some such. The stadium-less version is the primary logo, and that's the one that'll be on the patch.

There are "National" and "Regional" versions of these logos...along with embroidery, foil, etching and spot versions...

I'm getting all of the graphics together from the past two seasons, but it's a b!tch of a project.

I've said this all along, I think the Patriots home uniforms are OK, and just OK, but I absolutely can't stand the Giants roads. I've posted in other threads why they bother me so much. Mainly the absence of blue on the jersey and the randomness of the grey pants. Their homes on the other hand are a thing a beauty.

Any chance the Patriots opt to wear the home whites so the uniform match up isn't a repeat of both Superbowl 42 and their regular season loss to the G-Men?

Agreed. They'd look fine without the grey pants but as they stand... awful

Anyone know when the Pats have to announce their jersey? Any chance they wear their throwbacks?

Not a chance in hell. Why would they throw back when all of their postseason success has been in the current uniforms? As much as I love the Patriots throwbacks, no way they're pulling them out for the Super Bowl.

spacer.png

This isn't exactly related, but the Patriots are the only team to wear three different colored pants in the Super Bowl: white vs. Chicago, silver vs. Green Bay (old style), St. Louis, Carolina and NYC (current style), and navy vs. Philly.

Uh, you mean red vs. Chicago, bright blue vs. Green Bay, navy against St. Louis, Carolina and New York and white vs. Philly.

He said pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This isn't exactly related, but the Patriots are the only team to wear three different colored pants in the Super Bowl: white vs. Chicago, silver vs. Green Bay (old style), St. Louis, Carolina and NYC (current style), and navy vs. Philly.

Uh, you mean red vs. Chicago, bright blue vs. Green Bay, navy against St. Louis, Carolina and New York and white vs. Philly.

He said pants.

Derp.

spacer.png

He said pants.

Derp.

Actually, the Pats are only one of two teams to wear three different colored jerseys in the Super Bowl (red, white and navy). The other is the Denver Broncos (orange, white and navy)>

Anyone know when the Pats have to announce their jersey? Any chance they wear their throwbacks?

Not a chance in hell. Why would they throw back when all of their postseason success has been in the current uniforms? As much as I love the Patriots throwbacks, no way they're pulling them out for the Super Bowl.

It was a question. settle down, francis.

It was a question. settle down, francis.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off like a dick. It's so hard to convey tone via text on the Internet.

But, uh, "Francis"? Is there something I'm missing there?

spacer.png

Archived