Super Bowl XLVI Uniforms

Cujo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this at Wal-Mart, I laughed.

Ykrge.jpg

hahahah. i did that to the one in scarbrough, ontario with my friend!

Ykrge.jpg

Ykrge.jpg

Cody21 has reached a new level of ineptitude on this board: he's achieved the rare triple post.

spacer.png

The 49ers actually wore throwbacks in the Super Bowl, but I doubt we ever see another throwback in the big game ever again. The league wouldn't allow it. Their uniform rules are more stringent than ever.

It always chapped my ass that the Chargers didn't wear their throwbacks for this game.

Pats jerseys via Devin McCourty...

di-TZOL.jpg

*Boo!!!*

If the NFL had any decency, the least they could have done was to use the regional logo on the jerseys (the logo with the stadium in the background). This unifying logo scheme is so predictable, to the point of being sad really at this point.

Myra Kraft gets a huge ass patch on the front of the Pats jersey, but Al Davis only gets a 1-inch sticker on the back of the Raiders helmet. I never even liked Al, yet STILL bothers me the crap outta me.

6uXNWAo.png

Myra Kraft gets a huge ass patch on the front of the Pats jersey, but Al Davis only gets a 1-inch sticker on the back of the Raiders helmet. I never even liked Al, yet STILL bothers me the crap outta me.

MHK and Sean Taylor are the only memorial patches I can remember in recent times, if my memory's working tonight.

But yes, Al should have received better treatment than a tiny decal. A true Raiders fan will say the team did want to do something more, but the NFL wouldn't allow it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

MHK and Sean Taylor are the only memorial patches I can remember in recent times, if my memory's working tonight.

But yes, Al should have received better treatment than a tiny decal. A true Raiders fan will say the team did want to do something more, but the NFL wouldn't allow it.

I also recall Gene Upshaw having a 1-week patch after his death. At least he and Taylor played/contributed to the league. What did Myra Kraft do for the NFL? (Really. Does anyone know the answer to that?)

6uXNWAo.png

I also recall Gene Upshaw having a 1-week patch after his death. At least he and Taylor played/contributed to the league. What did Myra Kraft do for the NFL? (Really. Does anyone know the answer to that?)

The Raiders wore the Upshaw patch for the entire season, I believe.

As for Myra, she was an iconic philanthropist and women's rights activist in New England. As for her contributions to football, not much, although she did convince Bob Kraft to force Pete Carroll to cut a 5th round draft pick prior to training camp because the draft pick had a history of violence against women.

spacer.png

As for Myra, she was an iconic philanthropist and women's rights activist in New England. As for her contributions to football, not much, although she did convince Bob Kraft to force Pete Carroll to cut a 5th round draft pick prior to training camp because the draft pick had a history of violence against women.

Correct... it was Christian Peter.

Myra was not one to seek accolades for her efforts, but she was always considered a very influential force in the organization. The players have always had deep respect for her and Mr. Kraft.

di-TZOL.jpg

*Boo!!!*

If the NFL had any decency, the least they could have done was to use the regional logo on the jerseys (the logo with the stadium in the background). This unifying logo scheme is so predictable, to the point of being sad really at this point.

I still don't understand why they don't use the versions specifically designed for embroidery:

SuperBowl46_EMN1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

Or:

SuperBowl46_EMR1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

I understand that Mrs. Kraft was involved in a number of worthy causes and by all accounts was an amazing woman who wasn't afraid to speak up for what was right but that patch is ridiculous. It reminds me of the Steinbrenner patch that the Yankees wore in 2010 in that they were both way over the top. In Kraft's case, a helmet decal would have been more appropriate.

BCBannersSig.png

My wisenheimer answer - She directed a recent FG wide left. Oh wait, that was the scoreboard operator's fault.

My real response - I agree, the patch is too big, and prominent. A helmet sticker would have sufficed. I did like Al's decal though.

Who made the decision on Al's decal? I'm guessing Mr. Kraft decided on the patch and location for the Pats.

sig-1.png

Are you guys honestly arguing about who deserved a bigger memorial patch?

Honestly, it's the team's prerogative, and if Mr. Kraft felt honoring his wife with a jersey patch was best, then who the hell are any of us to argue? And why are people acting like it's someone besides the Raiders' fault that there was no AL patch?

As for the Pats jersey picture, I think that SB patch looks incredible paired with their silver accents. Finally, a patch that doesn't clash with the team's uniform. Bee-yoo-tee-ful. Can't wait to watch them get revenge ^_^

I wonder if the patch is gonna fit the Giants/Patriots jerseys. Some of the Packer jerseys the patch was on last year looked like it just barley fit.

di-TZOL.jpg

Looks like part of my answer has been solved, but looks like the Patriots jerseys they are selling online are inaccurate.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Archived