Super Bowl XLVI Uniforms

Cujo

Maybe we can get a throwback Super Bowl? Would never happen...but it'd be fun to see:

05096653.jpg

irving-fryar.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 49ers actually wore throwbacks in the Super Bowl, but I doubt we ever see another throwback in the big game ever again. The league wouldn't allow it. Their uniform rules are more stringent than ever.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The 49ers actually wore throwbacks in the Super Bowl, but I doubt we ever see another throwback in the big game ever again. The league wouldn't allow it. Their uniform rules are more stringent than ever.

Might see throwbacks permitted in Super Bowl LIV. That would be the NFL's 100th anniversary season.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not only are throwbacks/alternate uniforms a terrible decision for the Super Bowl. It's the most important game of the season, thus you should be wearing your finest.

In fact, primary jerseys should ALWAYS be worn during the postseason, no matter what the sport. Remember the Nets wearing throwbacks in the NBA Finals several years back? How awful and tacky was that!?

6uXNWAo.png

cant stand the giants.... patriots for the WIN! (im not a fan of the pats either, but i like them a bit more than the giants.) if i had it my way the ravens and 49ers would be in the bowl this year.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

The only time I'm with a tan wearing an alternate in the playoffs is if they already plan on making it the primary in the next season. I would have been fine with the Broncos wearing orange this season and there are a few examples of this happening in the NHL. The heat are also an exception but that's because they alternated between the red and black after each loss.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Maybe we can get a throwback Super Bowl? Would never happen...but it'd be fun to see:

irving-fryar.jpg

>>>>

That road uniform on Irving Fryer is an absolutely gorgeous look . . thumbsup.gif . . I so liked it when NE went to red pants in the very late 70s, 'twas a long time coming I thought at the time. I'd love to see NE play in those, but not their retro home-red jerseys with white pants.

Regarding the Giants, when they first brought back their 1961 (I believe?) white away jerseys with the all-red trim in 2005 I totally gasped at them. They've now totally grown on me and they seem to give them an old-time NFL look which so compliments their identity.

I'm in the minority on the NYG pants too ... I like the gray pants, both sets. If they went to white pants and home, they'd just look look your average 'Joe' football team ...

1001008P_SUPER_BOWL_XXXV_20070823150544_gallery_600.jpg

Cowboys/Bills: SB XXVII and XXVIII:

super-bowl-xxvii-jim-kelly-ken-norton-jr-001307962.jpg

check out #67's pants stripe compared to the other bills

>>>>

That's Kent Hull, the Bills all-time great center whom we lost to liver disease just a few months back :(

R.I.P.

Good eye on your part, I'd of never noticed that myself.

Nope.

That version is the "regional" logo or some such. The stadium-less version is the primary logo, and that's the one that'll be on the patch.

But look at the "Pro Line" Giants and Patriots jerseys they are selling on NFLshop.com . They have the regional logo in the background.

Worst example: 2003 NJ Nets.

the 2003 NBA Finals Game 3. I loved watching them play in their throwbacks that day! Too bad they lost.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Archived