Super Bowl XLVI Uniforms

Cujo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Patriots have that big memorial patch on the left side, so I'd assume the SB patch would go on the right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm pretty sure it'll be the first ever repeat uni match-up in a super bowl.

For the record I don't think it's too bad at all, love the Giants road look and that Patriots look is alright, although it could do with losing the piping (piping on football uniforms=BAD)

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I've said this all along, I think the Patriots home uniforms are OK, and just OK, but I absolutely can't stand the Giants roads. I've posted in other threads why they bother me so much. Mainly the absence of blue on the jersey and the randomness of the grey pants. Their homes on the other hand are a thing a beauty.

Any chance the Patriots opt to wear the home whites so the uniform match up isn't a repeat of both Superbowl 42 and their regular season loss to the G-Men?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I've said this all along, I think the Patriots home uniforms are OK, and just OK, but I absolutely can't stand the Giants roads. I've posted in other threads why they bother me so much. Mainly the absence of blue on the jersey and the randomness of the grey pants. Their homes on the other hand are a thing a beauty.

I agree. I don't like the Pats current set, but I too can't stand the Giants roads.

Any chance the Patriots opt to wear the home whites so the uniform match up isn't a repeat of both Superbowl 42 and their regular season loss to the G-Men?

I hadn't thought of that. It's certainly a possibility.

spacer.png

>>>>

I gave this thought several times earlier today.

If I were NE, I'd wear the away white with navy pants and let the Giants wear their home blue.

The Patriots beat NY in the season finale on the road in 2007 in their away white/blue to go 16-0 .... only to lose to them in the Super Bowl while wearing their home blue

Earlier this season the Giants beat them in Foxboro ...

When the Steelers went on that playoff run on the road in 2005 they broke tradition as the home team in the Super Bowl and stuck to the uniform set that got them there. 'Twas a good choice I felt at that time.

NE should choose to wear their away uniforms since it's the Giants they're meeting ... but the big question is, will they?

09000d5d8058e500_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d80595501_gallery_600.jpg

Steelers/Cowboys?

Bills/Cowboys?

>>>>

As if you didn't know :(

We had no choice at XXVII at the Rose Bowl, Dallas was the home team and they had always chosen white when the choice was theirs

At SB XXVIII in ATL I was soooo hoping we'd elect to wear white and force them into their navy blue (like we did when they came to Buffalo in 1984) but Levy choose blue. 3 prior Super Bowls and the Bills played their best and only good Super Bowl in white, against the Giants in Tampa.

NFL_Commissioner_Pete_Rozelle_does_the_coin_toss_before_a_20_19_20070912115628_gallery_600.jpg

For the record I don't think it's too bad at all, love the Giants road look and that Patriots look is alright, although it could do with losing the piping (piping on football uniforms=BAD)

I dont think so, that honor goes to SB XXVII and XXVIII Bills and Cowboys.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

I dont think so, that honor goes to SB XXVII and XXVIII Bills and Cowboys.

Actually, Steelers in black and Cowboys in white in both SB X and SB XIII. And SB XXX.

So basically, other than those five games, he was right. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived