2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The full scale freefall for the Mets continues.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/baseball/mlb/07/21/santanta-mets-15-day-dl.ap/index.html

Offensively they've been decent this year, but outside of Dickey who hasn't been pitching that well lately, they really don't have much, so an injury like this is going to expose that lack of depth even more.

Maybe they make a move at the deadline for a starter, but my feeling is that if the front office felt like they had a real chance at doing something in October they would have called up Matt Harvey by now, which they may have to do with Santana out simply because they don't have anybody else.

They also just brought in RA Dickey to relieve which should tell you just how desperate the Mets are for pitching right now.

I'm hearing a rumor on the radio today that would have the Diamondbacks sending Justin Upton, Stephen Drew, and prospect Adam Eaton to Detroit for Rick Porcello, a couple prospects(undisclosed at the moment) and possibly Austin Jackson(who the Dbacks want)

No thanks, I hate that idea. Jackson has been great this year and his name shouldn't come up in any trade rumors, especially in that one. Porcello is still young as well and if he can pitch close to how he did today, he'll be fine.

Tigers are in first place! :)

I'm hearing a rumor on the radio today that would have the Diamondbacks sending Justin Upton, Stephen Drew, and prospect Adam Eaton to Detroit for Rick Porcello, a couple prospects(undisclosed at the moment) and possibly Austin Jackson(who the Dbacks want)

No thanks, I hate that idea. Jackson has been great this year and his name shouldn't come up in any trade rumors, especially in that one. Porcello is still young as well and if he can pitch close to how he did today, he'll be fine.

Tigers are in first place! :)

Agreed. This trade will never happen, just a rumor. Honestly, with they way they've played they might not need to make a move. (although unlikely knowing Illitch and DD are all in this year) If a trade is going to happen, they need to acquire Darwin Barney and Matt Garza. Give them Turner and a couple more prospects and hopefully hang up the phone if Castellanos is mentioned.

Just my two cents.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Well the Cardinals sucked it up tonight.

Oh, wait, that was the Cubs.

Did you expect anything less? This from the team which may end up dealing off both its top two starting pitchers by the trade deadline.

I just hope Cubs fans understand that Theo's got a long-term plan for their team and that they need to not focus so much on that "Eamus Catuli!" sign in right field dutifully counting the years since their last World Series crown.

Oh, who am I kidding? They'll be screaming for Theo's head this offseason like they always do.

I am so glad I'm not a Cubs fan. They are, in my honest opinion, the physical manifestation of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Every rational Cubs fan that I've talked to knows exactly what they're doing right now. The only people that might not realize why the Cubs suck right now are the people that go to Wrigley primarily to party and watching the game is just a bonus. But I don't think those people really care if the Cubs win or not.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Watching Dodgers/Mets on TBS, and wishing the TBS annoncers were on FOX for the World Series. Dick Stockton and Ron Darling are pretty good, even with the Darling-Mets connection. Stockton is one of the best, but sometimes forgotten, TV announcers. The guy has been a staple in sports since the 1970s/80s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Some thoughts:

- Barry Larkin's speech was vintage Barry Larkin and that's why he's the man. I hope he takes over as Reds manager some day. He'd be great.

- What do the Reds have to do to gain any ground in the Central? They're 8-2 in their last 10, have the most wins in the national league, and they're still only a half game up.

- They're 5-2 without Joey Votto thus far. As long as they keep pitching as well as they have, they'll have no trouble surviving without him.

- Who the hell are the Pittsburgh Pirates? Am I saying that right? Pittsburgh Pirates? Where did these guys come from?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Some thoughts:

- Barry Larkin's speech was vintage Barry Larkin and that's why he's the man. I hope he takes over as Reds manager some day. He'd be great.

- What do the Reds have to do to gain any ground in the Central? They're 8-2 in their last 10, have the most wins in the national league, and they're still only a half game up.

- They're 5-2 without Joey Votto thus far. As long as they keep pitching as well as they have, they'll have no trouble surviving without him.

- Who the hell are the Pittsburgh Pirates? Am I saying that right? Pittsburgh Pirates? Where did these guys come from?

Enough sucking over the years and your bound to run into a good player or two. Just ask the LA Kings.

Archived