2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

That's 6 straight, with no signs of improvement. I forget, are we Blackhawks fans allowed to complain yet? Or does the skid have to hit double digits before we're permitted to raise polite objections to the team's level of play?

Let's see, we won the Cup in '10, so that means we can't complain again until...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Philly can't beat the Isles, they don't deserve to qualify for the playoffs. Jeez.

Knew they were gonna lose when it got to the shootout <_<

1 point out of 6 against 3 division rivals....awful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_kP9X4j8js&feature=player_embedded

Not happy with this call. That's not why they lost (how about the 59 minutes & 56 seconds of other garbage throughout the game), even though Lundqvist was once again spectacular. Seeing it live I was flipping out that Gaborik was shoved, but I think the call was proper after I cooled off a bit, though I'm still not pleased of course. Anyone else?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Given that Volenchov was pushing Gaborik that way, I think it's hard to ding Gaborik for the goaltender interference.

I mean, it's possible that Gaborik's momentum would've led to him contacting Brodeur anyway, but the push-off should've eliminated that call. Disagree with the call.

It was really, really hard to spy that right away watching it in real time. The snow was very evident, and the intention was obviously to slam on the brakes, but that's the way the cookie crumbled. Def lost out on a point, but I commend the Rangers for not going away quietly into the good night. I wish the damned Blackhawks had the same propensity.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah. When it's apparent that an attacking player is pushed into the goaltender, it's unfair for the forward to be penalized for it.

In any case, the Devils must've made a deal with themselves to be where they are in the standings, in large part because of nine shootout wins. They aren't a bad team, per se, but they aren't a 31-22 calibre team, by any stretch. Worst part is, they don't lose anymore either, and that includes beating some pretty good teams in that time span as well.

spacer.png

As long as a team that hasn't won the Cup before has a shot at winning it, I'll be fine if my team doesn't get that far.

I'm for parity, insomuch as every team should be able to compete with every other. It's sad to me when the same few teams win titles year after year.

(i.e. Detroit, Jersey)

As long as a team that hasn't won the Cup before has a shot at winning it, I'll be fine if my team doesn't get that far.

I'm for parity, insomuch as every team should be able to compete with every other. It's sad to me when the same few teams win titles year after year.

(i.e. Detroit, Jersey)

To be fair, it's not like Detroit is buying their team. They're winning in an "honest" fashion. Look at their stars: Howard, Hank, Datsyuk, Lidstrom - all homegrown.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

(i.e. Detroit, Jersey)

To be fair, it's not like Detroit is buying their team. They're winning in an "honest" fashion. Look at their stars: Howard,

Hank, Datsyuk, Lidstrom - all homegrown.

Don't forget Kronwall, Franzen, and Holmstrom.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

*turns on Blackhawks/Avs*

*turns off Blackhawks/Avs*

:censored: :censored:

That's 6 straight, with no signs of improvement. I forget, are we Blackhawks fans allowed to complain yet? Or does the skid have to hit double digits before we're permitted to raise polite objections to the team's level of play?

Watching these quitters is legitimately pit-in-your-stomach depressing. Time to take a break from liking sports.

Kind of like how you all quit on your team at the first sign of trouble. You people are the worst fans ever.

Kind of like how you all quit on your team at the first sign of trouble. You people are the worst fans ever.

Who said anything about quitting? I never said any variation of "I give up." Merely being angry with the team's performance isn't the same as giving up.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Kind of like how you are a scummy troll. Quit baiting for a fight, we get it - take your pandering lowbrow mutterings to a Canuck forum, stop fishing for another thread to ruin with bickering.

twitter

Guys, guys, we all know what dedicated, passionate, true hockey fans act like when their team's performance fails to meet expectations.

So when the Hawks' season comes to an end this year, I look forward to meeting you all at State & Randolph with crowbars and canisters of gasoline.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So Hawks fans, do you think your GM will seriously look to add some goaltending depth soon?

TSN/Chris Kuc "reported" that the hawks are looking into acquiring a goaltender. The only logical option I could see them getting on the cheap is:

evgeni_nabokov_03_2007_02_21.jpg

Still need vast defensive help.

twitter

(i.e. Detroit, Jersey)

To be fair, it's not like Detroit is buying their team. They're winning in an "honest" fashion. Look at their stars: Howard, Hank, Datsyuk, Lidstrom - all homegrown.

Yes, because unlike all those big-contract free agent signings in '97 & '98 Cups like Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Konstantinov, Shanahan, LaPointe, etc... :rolleyes:

Granted, things got way out of hand in the early '00s, but the core of that 90s Wings' roster was drafted or traded for (such as Shanahan for Keith Primeau and Paul Coffee)

Guys, guys, we all know what dedicated, passionate, true hockey fans act like when their team's performance fails to meet expectations.

So when the Hawks' season comes to an end this year, I look forward to meeting you all at State & Randolph with crowbars and canisters of gasoline.

PARTY LIKE CANUCK. PARTY LIKE CANUCK FANS.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived