2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 games left. 71 points. To even have a chance of getting a playoff spot the Ducks need to win the next 10 in a row. That ain't happening.

Time to put our unrealistic playoff hopes to bed. And have an icy cold bucket of water ready for Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry and Hiller in time for next season.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

"Blah blah blah... Sidney Crosby, Sidney Crosby... blah blah blah"

A big star in the league coming back (again) from a lengthy absence due to injury. You expected... what, exactly?

"OMFGZ JESUS CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY oh hey there's that one guy who scored more goals in less games but he has a funny name CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY."

That or an article about him eating some chocolate.

Let's say, suddenly, Corey Perry is out for a season and a half with a concussion...

oBIgzrL.png

A big star in the league coming back (again) from a lengthy absence due to injury. You expected... what, exactly?

"OMFGZ JESUS CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY oh hey there's that one guy who scored more goals in less games but he has a funny name CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY."

Let's say, suddenly, Corey Perry is out for a season and a half with a concussion...

Then there wouldn't be anywhere near as many articles or attention or excessive hype because he's not the NHL's beloved poster child.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Then there wouldn't be anywhere near as many articles or attention or excessive hype because he's not the NHL's beloved poster child.

I guarantee there is some hype because, it's be a story, and the NHL loves stories. And I'm sure you and your fellow duck brothers here would be raising a stink about it.

Look, the Sid exposure is annoying, even for pens fans, but its tailed off recently. Honestly, it wasn't all that huge the second time around until he was cleared for contact again, which would happen to any star who is majorly injured. I think most pens fans wish just as much if not more that we'd all shut up about Sid and focus on catching the Rangers.

But bitching about Sid is only going to bring up more talk about him and is just as annoying to everyone, is the point I'm trying to get at. Not just to you, but to everyone.

oBIgzrL.png

Heres my take on the "Crosbys Better" chant: Saying that theres even a debate is a compliment to Ovie. Thanks.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Is Pittsburgh ever losing again?

They'll lose only when it matters most..

You'd know about that, wouldn't you. ^_^

(And yes, the penguins will lose again. If not tomorrow in Philly then definitely Tuesday against Winnipeg. They always play down to the competition, and honestly I'd rather see them lose now than in the playoffs.)

oBIgzrL.png

Wow.

Pittsburgh can tie New York in the Atlantic Division points-wise given the game in hand Pittsburgh holds.

New York's taken on a ton of water recently. Seymon Varlamov continuing his hot play of late certainly didn't help them tonight.

EDIT - St. Louis first team to 100 points with their win tonight. Whoever had the Blues being the first team to reach that threshold won a ton of money tonight.

spacer.png

Hello playoff hockey. Oh how I've missed you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On Yahoo! Answers, I boldly predicted that the Blues would win the Cup over Puttsburgh because of a gut feeling. ;) (Anyone who thinks I'd make that up to "show off" to a bunch of anonymous internet entities needs to give their head a shake).

I want the Leafs to win tomorrow vs Boston, and then lose all their remaining games. They've won 2 in a row and have climbed to ninth. TB has a game in hand and is a point behind, but if we get the 11th pick or something I will be furious.

Kessel got his 35th goal today, 1 shy of his career high. He's one of only four players with 4 straight 30-goal seasons (as an active streak). The others are: Iginla, Kovalchuk, and Marleau. That number may climb to seven, because Ovechkin has 29 and Nash and Ryan have outside chances. To be fair, several players aren't there because of bad health (Parise, D. Sedin, Crosby, Gaborik, Vanek, and Selanne), but even if, that's still 13 at max, which is pretty exclusive company.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Kings win 4-2 over Nashville. Tied with San José, and play them on Tuesday. One point behind Dallas for the Pacific Division.

I believe.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived