2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a sweet goal, too! Bogosian has a pretty impressive vertical leap, huh. Noodle looked pretty messed up.

Yeah no doubt Bogo was off his skates when he destroyed whatshisnuts. Five and a game, probably well deserved.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Goddamn shootout again. Flames outplay the Blue Jackets and get one goal, Oilers lose in a shootout as well. I hate :censored: shootout, as does everyone. 3 must win games coming up. Starting Tuesday against the shootout lovers the Colorado Avalanche.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

1-3 against Columbus this season.

Ouch.

Ouch doesn't describe it. Technically 1-1-2, but leaving 6 points off the board, could very well be our downfall.

So it's more like excruciating pain.

Wouldn't have saved them the last two games.

Fortunately, March Madness and the rest of the league has made the transition from "rooting under hopeful circumstances" to "not caring an ounce" very, very easy. Hockey, fortunately, is a sport that still works well, for me, at least, when I don't have an immediate rooting interest in the playoffs.

spacer.png

If the Jets make the playoffs, they need to unfurl giant Trollface banners on the sides of the MTS Centre.

Flame posted this in the soccer thread last night, but it really needs to be everywhere. Here's as good an excuse as any!

This is how a supporters' group in Turkey responded to being told that they couldn't shoot off flares in the stands:

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh how I loathe the Jekyll & Hyde version of the Washington Capitals this year. They can put it together for some stretches in order to make it remotely interesting. However, they cannot seem to get over the hump to even warrant that they will be a playoff threat this year; that is, if they make the playoffs.

Oh how I loathe the Jekyll & Hyde version of the Washington Capitals this year. They can put it together for some stretches in order to make it remotely interesting. However, they cannot seem to get over the hump to even warrant that they will be a playoff threat this year; that is, if they make the playoffs.

They've certainly fallen off since that sweep at the hands of the Lightning. I would have liked to see this franchise get their first cup. Maybe they'll turn it around next year but it's looking unlikely.

If the Jets make the playoffs, they need to unfurl giant Trollface banners on the sides of the MTS Centre.

My god. Yes.

Bruins against Leafs tonight, the one team that the Bruins have truly dominated this year. I'm actually confident, believe it or not.

That Edler goal posted a page or two ago was badass.

spacer.png

They've certainly fallen off since that sweep at the hands of the Lightning. I would have liked to see this franchise get their first cup. Maybe they'll turn it around next year but it's looking unlikely.

To be honest, the Caps have been in a downward spiral ever since losing Game 7 to Montreal in 2010.

Alex Radulov's agent confirms his return to the Predators

Link.

Often called the best player in the world, not in the NHL. Radulov's return could be huge for a Predator team that has pretty much everything, outside of a dynamic offensive power.

To be honest, the Caps have been in a downward spiral ever since losing Game 7 to Montreal in 2010.

^This. They lost their confidence as a franchise after that Montreal series. Thats when they decided to listen to everyone else and scrap their successful style of play for what they have now. I dont think theres anyone who loves entertaining hockey that didnt want that version of the Caps to win, cause the NHL is a copycat league and if the Caps won with the run and gun style of hockey Bruce employed, we might have a much more entertaining league right now.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived