2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Can someone explain this "grinning guy" cartoon that pops up everywhere? Not a complaint or sarcasm. I honestly don't know what the hell this thing is, and I usually get pop-culture references.

I believe it is the universal internet trolling logo:Trolling

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain this "grinning guy" cartoon that pops up everywhere? Not a complaint or sarcasm. I honestly don't know what the hell this thing is, and I usually get pop-culture references.

It's like you don't know about the culture of the Internet.

spacer.png

Maybe. I'm not on the computer all that often.

newsig.jpg

But...the Internet is on the computer...

:P

spacer.png

In fairness i kinda know where RM is coming from, for the longest i kept seeing that troll face but never could figure out what it was. that was until someone at work here while back showed me reddit.com.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

In fairness i kinda know where RM is coming from, for the longest i kept seeing that troll face but never could figure out what it was. that was until someone at work here while back showed me reddit.com.

I'm just trolling him because he doesn't know what a trollface is.

spacer.png

Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat as you. Except I'm pretty slow with all pop-culture references.

• I just realized that we have no Oilers fans who post in this thread.
  • If the teams below up win their games in hand, we're in 4th last just 1 point ahead of the Habs. I hope we get Grienkenko of whatever his name is.
  • A guy gets a PotD ribbon for posting an image he found on the internet but didn't even make himself?
  • On the bright side, the Leafs seem to finally seem "truculent" under Carlyle. At least he'll go into camp next season being familiar with this team.
  • Kessel needs 2 more for 100 as a Maple Leaf, one more for his career high, and 4 more for 40. And he's only 24.
  • Lupul has a good shot at the Bill Masterson at least.
  • Gardiner might make the All-Rookie Team. Him and Liles are the only Leafs d-men who don't make stupid mistakes all the time. Schenn has been playing like :censored: the past 20 games or so.
  • At least Frattin and Ashton are both getting a good opportunity to prove themselves with the injuries.
  • The Marlies are probably going to win their division. :)

• I'm just looking for positives at this point.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A guy gets a PotD ribbon for posting an image he found on the internet but didn't even make himself? I guess I'll understand one day...

I'm puzzled as to how he "found it on his computer" without having made it, unless he meant "I found it on the internet." I mean, does his computer quietly harvest image memes while we're sleeping, like with Windows updates? At any rate, it still made me laugh really hard.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A guy gets a PotD ribbon for posting an image he found on the internet but didn't even make himself? I guess I'll understand one day...

I'm puzzled as to how he "found it on his computer" without having made it, unless he meant "I found it on the internet." I mean, does his computer quietly harvest image memes while we're sleeping, like with Windows updates? At any rate, it still made me laugh really hard.

He might've found it online, saved it to the hard drive, forgot about it, was going through the picture file, found it again, uploaded it, posted it.

spacer.png

I'm assuming he's edited his post since you first read it because:

(I didn't make it, I just happened to find it on my computer today and upload it to Photobucket.)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What? No, that's what I responded to. He said he found it on his computer. I was puzzled as to what that meant.

Speaking of the master trolls, Doan has a hearing with Shanahan for elbowing Jamie Benn clear in the mouth. If he doesn't get at least three games for a blatant cheapshot from a repeat offender, the fix is in.

[*]I just realized that we have no Oilers fans who post in this thread.

Hey, you're right. They aren't many Oilers fans who post in this thread. There's more Coyotes fans who show up here than Oilers fans. That's weird, but I guess it's not that weird because you don't need to drive 40 minutes to a mall to post on the internet whereas they don't even have internet in Alberta yet*.

*totally kidding. Relax.

PvO6ZWJ.png

sedin.gif.pagespeed.ce.ee70rfmfgi.gif

We'll crucify the insincere tonight, tonight!

85695654_display_image.jpgjonathan-toews-willie-mitchell.jpg

We'll make things right, we'll feel it all tonight, tonight!

tumblr_lk6w774Y8M1qga8mwo1_400.jpg

The impossible is possible tonight, tonight!

2hrjrds.gif

Believe in me as I believe in you tonight, tonight!

Two headcase goaltenders going toe to toe, Chicago still hungover from St. Patrick's day, Blackhawks riding a hot streak, Canucks mired in a suckfest.

So regardless of how tonight goes, I'm going to put the over/under on 5 mentions of the Campoli turnover in this thread.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

sedin.gif.pagespeed.ce.ee70rfmfgi.gif

We'll crucify the insincere tonight, tonight!

85695654_display_image.jpgjonathan-toews-willie-mitchell.jpg

We'll make things right, we'll feel it all tonight, tonight!

tumblr_lk6w774Y8M1qga8mwo1_400.jpg

The impossible is possible tonight, tonight!

2hrjrds.gif

Believe in me as I believe in you tonight, tonight!

Any Smashing Pumpkins reference gets a smile out of me.

spacer.png

Archived