2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably in the vast minority here, but just as the Devils break out their red and green throwbacks on every St. Patty's Day, I'd like the Leafs to break out their St. Pats jerseys if/whenever they play on March 17.

^Whoops, thought this was the uniform changes thread. Whatever.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Doan gets 3 games for yesterday's elbow. About right.

Yep. That might hurt the 'Yotes in the longrun, though.

Which is too bad.

As much as we rag on the Yotes here because of the whole situation here, I really wanted the Yotes in the playoffs, so I could go watch some playoff hockey. Now don't get me wrong, I hate the whole situation and how this has been strung out, but I do like having NHL hockey down the street.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Which is too bad.

As much as we rag on the Yotes here because of the whole situation here, I really wanted the Yotes in the

playoffs, so I could go watch some playoff hockey. Now don't get me wrong, I hate the whole situation and how this has been strung out, but I do like having NHL hockey down the street.

Yeah, as long as the Sharks continue to struggle, I want the Yotes to win the division if they can't. Sucks for the Sharks especially since the Coyotes and Avalanche are guaranteed 2 points tomorrow. Sharks have to win tomorrow vs Boston, who they've hosted for now only 3 times in the last 10 years.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The three-game suspension is light considering Doan's laundry list of prior offenses. He just had one like a week ago! It'll be interesting to see how Duncan Keith, by contrast one of the softer defensemen in the league, gets off for his more-or-less-the-same hit on Divey McFaketears. My suspicion is that the league went easy on Doan because the league-owned team they're desperately engineering to succeed is in a playoff chase. If Keith gets three games or more, we'll know it to be true.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Which is too bad.

As much as we rag on the Yotes here because of the whole situation here, I really wanted the Yotes in the

playoffs, so I could go watch some playoff hockey. Now don't get me wrong, I hate the whole situation and how this has been strung out, but I do like having NHL hockey down the street.

Yeah, as long as the Sharks continue to struggle, I want the Yotes to win the division if they can't. Sucks for the Sharks especially since the Coyotes and Avalanche are guaranteed 2 points tomorrow. Sharks have to win tomorrow vs Boston, who they've hosted for now only 3 times in the last 10 years.

Yeah. Thornton's rarely faced his former team. Kinda disappointing.

spacer.png

Anything to make the competition a tad weaker is all I care about.

If the Flames can get 5 or a preferred 6 points in these next three games, none of which are too daunting (Wild, Stars home and home) I think we'll be okay. Schedule plays itself out really nice. Just need to capitalize on those scoring chances. Outplayed Columbus, and Colorado, give up the extra point, not good! Especially in the last few weeks of March.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The three-game suspension is light considering Doan's laundry list of prior offenses. He just had one like a week ago! It'll be interesting to see how Duncan Keith, by contrast one of the softer defensemen in the league, gets off for his more-or-less-the-same hit on Divey McFaketears. My suspicion is that the league went easy on Doan because the league-owned team they're desperately engineering to succeed is in a playoff chase. If Keith gets three games or more, we'll know it to be true.

I must be missing something here...

spacer.png

All four season series since the rivalry started have been 2-2. This really is the best we have going.

Oh, and Gabriel Landeskog may be a complete player and a future All-Star and all that, but Andrew Shaw is my rookie of the year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

sedin.gif.pagespeed.ce.ee70rfmfgi.gif

We'll crucify the insincere tonight, tonight!

85695654_display_image.jpgjonathan-toews-willie-mitchell.jpg

We'll make things right, we'll feel it all tonight, tonight!

tumblr_lk6w774Y8M1qga8mwo1_400.jpg

The impossible is possible tonight, tonight!

2hrjrds.gif

Believe in me as I believe in you tonight, tonight!

Any Smashing Pumpkins reference gets a smile out of me.

Fact: My uncle's ex-wife is the woman in the video for this song. As a little guy I was the ring-bearer at the wedding for their ill-fated marriage.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived