2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I pull for the Sharks every year in the playoffs (I like teal), but I'm finding myself rooting against them making it to the tournament this year. Some fanbases get too big for their britches and need to come back down. Sharks fans are one of those groups.

I feel the exact same way! Right down to the teal! I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden the Sharks and their fans just started annoying the living hell out of me. Maybe it's the fact that I just noticed that they chant "let's go shah-arks!" during games. What's a Shah Ark? A Persian boat? You can't do the dominant-mediant-dominant-mediant-clap-clap-clapclapclap chant with a one-syllable team name! You just can't! You sound like an idiot! You wind up supporting Shah Arks!

Red Wings fans are in desparate need of an ego check as well, but I don't think Detroit will ever miss the playoffs as long as the NHL is still a thing.

The Red Wings are a rebuilding team right now. They have like $20 million to spend this summer. God help us all.

a hot streak can turn cold in a hurry and you don't want to peak to early.

"Peaking early" is determined ex post facto and as stupid as the similarly ex post facto "rest versus rust" phenomenon.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red Wings fans are in desparate need of an ego check as well, but I don't think Detroit will ever miss the playoffs as long as the NHL is still a thing.

The Red Wings are a rebuilding team right now. They have like $20 million to spend this summer. God help us all.

...-Guys-It-appears-we-are-:censored:ed.jpg

spacer.png

...-Guys-It-appears-we-are-:censored:ed.jpg

tumblr_lr5wxz0mMm1qci7aeo1_500.gif

Here's to hoping for Penguins and Redwings in the finals again. Two rust belt teams trolling the :censored: out of the league.

oBIgzrL.png

I'd be delighted with the Pens coming out of the East; they've coalesced into something really special the last few weeks. Bylsma is the best coach in the game to have kept them in the top third of the league in the meantime. I've had enough of the Red Wings for a lifetime, though.

I'd rather see Oilers-Maple Leafs rather than Wings-Pens for the third time in five years. Not that it wouldn't be entertaining, I just hate both teams. Admittedly though it would be a lot better seeing one of them hoist the cup than seeing Boston or Vancouver do it...

Manchester-City-icon.png

I pull for the Sharks every year in the playoffs (I like teal), but I'm finding myself rooting against them making it to the tournament this year. Some fanbases get too big for their britches and need to come back down. Sharks fans are one of those groups.

I feel the exact same way! Right down to the teal! I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden the Sharks and their fans just started annoying the living hell out of me. Maybe it's the fact that I just noticed that they chant "let's go shah-arks!" during games. What's a Shah Ark? A Persian boat? You can't do the dominant-mediant-dominant-mediant-clap-clap-clapclapclap chant with a one-syllable team name! You just can't! You sound like an idiot! You wind up supporting Shah Arks!

I too used to pull for the Sharks in the playoffs (mostly because of the teal) but wearing their Black jerseys at Home was the final straw!

Here's to hoping for Penguins and Redwings in the finals again. Two rust belt teams trolling the :censored: out of the league.

God no! Twice in a row was bad enough!

Mike Cammalleri on the ice today for Flames practice. Chance he goes tomorrow, if not for sure Monday. We need that offensive help, hopefully Cammy can help find it with 7 to go.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I too used to pull for the Sharks in the playoffs (mostly because of the teal) but wearing their Black jerseys at Home was the final straw!

Oh yeah. I forgot they did that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd rather see Oilers-Maple Leafs rather than Wings-Pens for the third time in five years. Not that it wouldn't be entertaining, I just hate both teams. Admittedly though it would be a lot better seeing one of them hoist the cup than seeing Boston or Vancouver do it...

Well, the Memorial Cup is coming up soon, so there's your chance to see something along the lines of that matchup.

Even if we don't get a top-3 pick, I still like the Leafs' chances of getting Gigorenko. The Blue Jackets will pick up Yakupov. The Oilers will almost surely take Murray/Dumba or another defenseman. If the Isles finish after us, they'll still probably take one of the d-men; they're fine off at centre and are weak on D anyways. The Habs are really the only threat to take him, but even if, there's still Faska and Galchenyuk.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's a good draft especially in the first round.

Yeah there is Yak and Grig, but still quality talent for anyone in the Top 10.

True, but the last thing the Leafs need is another d-man and they are embarrassingly thin down the middle.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's a good draft especially in the first round.

Yeah there is Yak and Grig, but still quality talent for anyone in the Top 10.

True, but the last thing the Leafs need is another d-man and they are embarrassingly thin down the middle.

I feel ya.

I think Burke know's what he has to do. If he doesn't deliver, everyone know's he's gone.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Duncan Keith suspended 5 games for retaliating to Sedin's flying elbow from the top rope.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hmm, that's more than Doan got as a repeat offender, but we knew he was going to get off easy because the league has a vested interest. Duncan Keith doesn't even hit people legally, let alone illegally. This is just a reaction to the Canadian media freaking out that their gentle little lamb Daniel Sedin was personally held accountable for a cheapshot for once in his life.

I'll laugh so hard if Sedin is right back in the lineup now. Dive of a lifetime!

Another angle in the story emerged on Thursday when Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault took a verbal shot at referee Dan O'Halloran – although without naming him – for Keith receiving a minor, not a major, for the vicious elbow.

"We got a big two-minute power play off that hit from that same referee," said Vigneault with obvious sarcasm. "Remember last year in the Boston series [stanley Cup final] when Danny got punched six times in the face? I seem to remember it was the same guy."

That same guy was O'Halloran – who refereed Game 6 in Boston along with Kelly Sutherland – in a game where Boston agitator Brad Marchand used Daniel's head as a punching bag during a scrum late in the game with little penalty. Both players received 10-minute misconducts and Marchand got a two-minute roughing minor.

AHHHHHHH Jesus Christ this is the cuntiest team in the history of sports.

Another angle in the story emerged on Thursday when Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault took a verbal shot at referee Dan O'Halloran ? although without naming him ? for Keith receiving a minor, not a major, for the vicious elbow.

"We got a big two-minute power play off that hit from that same referee," said Vigneault with obvious sarcasm. "Remember last year in the Boston series [stanley Cup final] when Danny got punched six times in the face? I seem to remember it was the same guy."

That same guy was O'Halloran ? who refereed Game 6 in Boston along with Kelly Sutherland ? in a game where Boston agitator Brad Marchand used Daniel's head as a punching bag during a scrum late in the game with little penalty. Both players received 10-minute misconducts and Marchand got a two-minute roughing minor.

AHHHHHHH Jesus Christ this is the cuntiest team in the history of sports.

How in the hell is that not censored?

For the record however I pretty much agree with the sentiment

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived