2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Dammit I can't find a video now, but obviously Sedin didn't throw a "flying elbow off the top rope" (that's called a joke), but he instigated Keith's shot by throwing his shoulder into Keith's head earlier in the game. I just was really wanting to say "flying elbow from the top rope."

Gotcha. Didn't pay much attention to the game as it was so friggen boring (like most Canucks games these days)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were dishing out power plays like they were tic-tacs.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm trying to figure out how Duncan Keith doesn't get at least 10 games for that elbow. That was clearly intentional and intent to injure! These hits are never going to stop until the NHL starts taking out a huge chunk of the season. 10 for first offense and 20 for second. Keith's elbow was stupid and uncalled for.

I'm trying to figure out how Duncan Keith doesn't get at least 10 games for that elbow. That was clearly intentional and intent to injure! These hits are never going to stop until the NHL starts taking out a huge chunk of the season. 10 for first offense and 20 for second. Keith's elbow was stupid and uncalled for.

The NHL is beyond stupid when it comes to cleaning up dirty play.

"hey when we really made an example of a dangerous, dirty player he stopped playing that way. think we need to do that to anyone else? nahhhh"

People piss bitch and moan about the NFL being "too soft" because they understand that the rules should protect star players (basically, quarterbacks) and however much people complain when they fine guys for late hits or make rule changes about "defenseless players", the NFL is still the king of sports on this continent.

Meanwhile the NHL is run by cavemen who think getting your head caved in is part of the game, and will defend to the death some obi-wan jabroni's right to put an elbow in the head of a star player.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how Duncan Keith doesn't get at least 10 games for that elbow.

Watch what instigated it and tell me Sedin wasn't hunting for a response.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm trying to figure out how Duncan Keith doesn't get at least 10 games for that elbow.

Watch what instigated it and tell me Sedin wasn't hunting for a response.

You really need a foil hat.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

We're making the drive to Nashville in the morning for the Thrashers-Predators game.

Hockey was so much more fun when you didn't have to travel four hours to see a game...

There's a joke in there somewhere about the supposedly arduous journey that suburban Atlantans had to make to Philips Arena to see a Thrashers game.

Huge two points for the Jets tonight. Would've been nice to keep the Caps from getting one, but gotta almost win out.

I was just eyeballing the remaining schedule for the Caps, Sabres, and Jets and it seems that the Jets have an easier remaining schedule. However, what could really hurt the Jets is if the Caps - Sabres game on March 27 turns out to be a three point game.

Nicklas Backstrom cleared for full participation in practice, and not a moment too soon!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Stars beat the Flames 4-1 despite some questionable calls/non-calls against them.

R.I.P. 2011-2012 Calgary Flames.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Just capitalize on those chances and we're looking at those Pacific teams in our rear view mirror.

Try and stay positive, it's done. Not until our name is blacked out.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

And why no suspension for the dirty hit on Keith earlier?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

To even compare those hits is ridiculous. Danny's hit was bad but it's not even close to being the same category as Keith's. I shouldn't need to explain why, any hockey fan should clearly see the difference.

I'm not trying to excuse what Keith did.

Sedin got off with a slap on the wrist for a dirty hit, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived