2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox Sports Ohio showed Buster Douglas in the crowd at the Blue Jackets - Oilers game yesterday.

In case you were wondering who's the most random former athlete/celebrity to attend an NHL game this year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Where was Daniel Sedin as the ever-shrugging neighbor whose tagline of "wait, were those MY pants?" adorns lunchboxes across the world?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh, whatever. Sedin got his timeout one way or the other. I hope it teaches him to be less of a dirty player. Which he is. So whatever. Incidentally, I don't remember any of this hue and cry for lifetime suspensions when Joe Thornton concussed Jonathan Toews by repeatedly punching him in the head. Somehow the Blackhawks have gotten themselves into that funny rut where every bit of damage they incur is A Good Clean Hockey Play, evidently also including getting punched in the head. I think a lot of hit has to do with having fired Dale Tallon and doing wrong by the establishment, f'realz.

I could hear the True North shoutout quite loudly at the Predators game. Sounds like it's not just erstwhile Thrashers fans who made the trip.

Us Thrashers fans made sure our presence was known, too.

Heh, I always hated that whenever the fans yelled that out in Atlanta, but I got a laugh out of hearing it one more time. Don't know what ya got til it's gone. :P

It's remarkable the Lightning are leading right now.

I imagine the Flyers will eventually pull even and win this game. No way they continue to pepper the worst goaltender in the league with good shots and no defensive pressure, and not tie it up.

Even if I do want to see the Lightning finish strong and end at 41-41 overall, for the sheer sake of that not being a losing record. It may not be the best thing as far as the draft is concerned, however.

UPDATE - Hahahah at that final. Lightning take three of four from the Flyers for the second straight season. No complaints there.

spacer.png

Since when is getting cross-checked into the goalie a penalty? I mean no one wants to watch Dustin Penner play hockey, but I don't think that was enough reason to sit him down for two minutes.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Thanks Vancouver!

Also doesn't look like it'll be a three pointer in San Jose. Good night for the Flames!

That's the type of effort I expect from the Sharks. Keep it up, and the division is SJ for the 5th straight time. And yeah we all thank Vancouver tonight(and Calgary ;))

Update: VERY aggressive move by Colorado won't work, this one is over, 5-1 SJ.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Oh, whatever. Sedin got his timeout one way or the other. I hope it teaches him to be less of a dirty player. Which he is. So whatever. Incidentally, I don't remember any of this hue and cry for lifetime suspensions when Joe Thornton concussed Jonathan Toews by repeatedly punching him in the head. Somehow the Blackhawks have gotten themselves into that funny rut where every bit of damage they incur is A Good Clean Hockey Play, evidently also including getting punched in the head. I think a lot of hit has to do with having fired Dale Tallon and doing wrong by the establishment, f'realz.

I could hear the True North shoutout quite loudly at the Predators game. Sounds like it's not just erstwhile Thrashers fans who made the trip.

Us Thrashers fans made sure our presence was known, too.

Heh, I always hated that whenever the fans yelled that out in Atlanta, but I got a laugh out of hearing it one more time. Don't know what ya got til it's gone. :P

I don't get it.... What's the significance of yelling "night"?

Oh ok,well I knew it was a Minor League team in the 1990's, they were affiliated with Tampa at one time and had Manneau Reheamu on the team.

You mean Manon Rheaume?

rheaume_atlanta4964.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived