2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I'm watching a 1-1 game between the Oilers and the Panthers, here's an interesting article from Puck Daddy:

http://sports.yahoo....-154114066.html

I don't watch a great deal of Panthers games, so I didn't know going in, but this pretty much confirms my suspicions that the Panthers just sit on leads and don't do anything.

The Panthers have managed four shots or less in three of their last six third periods, going 2-0-1 in those games

Quality hockey, glad it's being played. Interesting that the Coyotes and Panthers are both near the top of the league in overtimes forced, and they're not exactly doing it by never saying die and tying games at like 4 or 5.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Tim Tebow's new team picks up a huge win, coming back on the Caps and winning in OT. The Sabres vault past them with a win over the Rangers.

Edit: Actually they are tied at 82 points.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Leafs win and Carolina loses :(

OK, Minny, TB, Carolina, and NY - start winning!

And this year will be just the third time since 1944 - and the second since 1970 - that the Leafs and Habs missed the playoffs in the same season. The league's tow oldest and most storied franchised reduced to "Fail for Nail" and "Fail For Mikhail" member titles.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Freaking ridiculous 3rd period by the Caps. 3 shots in the 3rd that only came after the Jets tied it up. Hunter Hockey = fail.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Leafs win and Carolina loses :(

OK, Minny, TB, Carolina, and NY - start winning!

And this year will be just the third time since 1944 - and the second since 1970 - that the Leafs and Habs missed the playoffs in the same season. The league's tow oldest and most storied franchised reduced to "Fail for Nail" and "Fail For Mikhail" member titles.

The race is on! ^_^

This is the first time I've been consistently cheering in reverse for the last couple of weeks. The Habs had alot of unsuccessful years in recent time, but they were never this far down and also in position to potentially drafting a player who might be as good as Evgeni Malkin or Steven Stamkos. It's also crazy that the final 9 games of a team in last place are as exciting as they are. Every game is a must-lose so teams got to pile up as many L's as possible to earn a sacred spot in the next draft.

There's also a Suck for Galyenchuk campaign out there as well. I have to check out some Galyenchuk clips, later on. I've heard the name, but I have no idea of what he's capable of doing on the ice.

Dammit I can't find a video now, but obviously Sedin didn't throw a "flying elbow off the top rope" (that's called a joke), but he instigated Keith's shot by throwing his shoulder into Keith's head earlier in the game. I just was really wanting to say "flying elbow from the top rope."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Daniel probably would have got a hearing had Keith got hurt on the play. Did Dank even get a penalty on the play? Dan's "suspension" is a suspected concussion at the worst part of the season.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden the Sharks and their fans just started annoying the living hell out of me.

ironmans6a_medium.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived