2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I didn't get to see the game, so I can't comment on how they played, but judging by the score... can't say I didn't expect the pens to :censored: the bed in a game or two down the stretch. Rather that now than later. Can't complain, being the first regulation loss in over a month. Still only three points behind the Rangers, who are idle tonight while the Pens face NJ, so they can close the gap again (provided they really have figured out how to beat Brodeur [...finally])

On the whole the Pens losing wasnt really a surprise, they had been getting progressively sloppier in the last few games leading up to last night. Thiessen though gave up a few that Fleury Im confident would have stopped, with the sixth goal ultimately finishing them off. In the end getting your ass kicked like that can get them refocused, which is what they need heading into a game with Jersey tonight.

Oh, and Matt Cooke for Lady Byng.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the 0:22 second mark, you can see Crosby trying to contain his laughter. Priceless!

I hope some one told her to not give up her day job. Wow she sounded like she was trying to sing while sitting on a vibrator.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I don't think that's the kind of singing one does with a vibrator.

I'm sure she's a quite accomplished opera singer, but that was...not good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why does it seem that recently more and more people are getting the lyrics wrong?

It's "o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?" Not "for the land ..."

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Isles win 3-2 over the Panthers.

But not before Florida gained another loser point! 36-24-15 now on the season. Very divisible by three record.

Also - by all accounts I've read, the Panthers PxP guy is one of the better ones in the league, but I cannot let an enormous whopper like "[John Madden] and Dale Tallon won a Cup together in 2010" go by without remark. That's awful.

spacer.png

Florida gets another loser point. This is the lamest 87-point team ever. 31 actual wins, 5 overtime losses, 10 shootout losses. I hope the Capitals surge them right out of here.

This Hawks game should be mighty ugly without Toews and Keith. Sean O'Donnell might have to play! Egads!

EDIT: Brandon Bollig is so useless and dumb and should be thrown out of every game where he has a stupid staged fight but Jordin Tootoo getting KTFOed is oddly gratifying.

Hawks won't make the playoffs if this is the way it's going to be the next four games. I had them finishing with 92 when they had 12 to play; they might've gotten them all out of the way early.

The Islanders and Oilers won their games today, while the Habs lost theirs yesterday. That's great news as it keeps them at the very bottom while other teams slowly go up.

The Habs are currently tied for 29th place overall. Keep up the pace guys, you're almost there!

:woot:

The Islanders and Oilers won their games today, while the Habs lost theirs yesterday. That's great news as it keeps them at the very bottom while other teams slowly go up.

The Habs are currently tied for 29th place overall. Keep up the pace guys, you're almost there!

:woot:

And for my Leafies, the opposite if true. Anaheim is about to lose, which means they're tied with us with 0 games in hand along with Carolina. We've got the easiest schedule of all the teams around us, meaning we could easily climb all the way to 7th or 8th last, with a finish below 5th last unlikely.

cursing.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Oh, whatever. Sedin got his timeout one way or the other. I hope it teaches him to be less of a dirty player. Which he is. So whatever. Incidentally, I don't remember any of this hue and cry for lifetime suspensions when Joe Thornton concussed Jonathan Toews by repeatedly punching him in the head. Somehow the Blackhawks have gotten themselves into that funny rut where every bit of damage they incur is A Good Clean Hockey Play, evidently also including getting punched in the head. I think a lot of hit has to do with having fired Dale Tallon and doing wrong by the establishment, f'realz.

I could hear the True North shoutout quite loudly at the Predators game. Sounds like it's not just erstwhile Thrashers fans who made the trip.

Us Thrashers fans made sure our presence was known, too.

Archived