2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as Kessel scores, I'm happy. ;)

Seriously, do Bruins fans circle the dates vs. the Leafs on their calendars right as the schedules are released? Holy...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I dont think theres anyone who loves entertaining hockey that didnt want that version of the Caps to win, cause the NHL is a copycat league and if the Caps won with the run and gun style of hockey Bruce employed, we might have a much more entertaining league right now.

The Blackhawks won that year with a run-and-gun/puck-control game and the league copied the Nashville Predators instead :(

Torts and DeBoer should both get ejected for enabling that crap, by the way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Seriously, do Bruins fans circle the dates vs. the Leafs on their calendars right as the schedules are released? Holy...

Seriously, you're about our second or third rival, after the Canadiens and battling for the two-spot with the Flyers.

spacer.png

Have the Bruins scored 5+ in every game against Toronto this season?

Holy crap.

No.

The Bruins beat them 4-1 on December 3.

It is the only game against the Leafs this year where they haven't scored more five or more goals.

spacer.png

Bruins fans chanted "Thank You Kessel" again after Seguin scored. I think my member title says it all.

I hate how some Bruins fans (none of these boards, luckily), say that Seguin is better because he won a Cup. By that logic, Henri Richard is the greatest player of all time.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Bruins fans chanted "Thank You Kessel" again after Seguin scored. I think my member title says it all.

I hate how some Bruins fans (none of these boards, luckily), say that Seguin is better because he won a Cup. By that logic, Henri Richard is the greatest player of all time.

Seguin isn't better, at least not at this point, and certainly not because he was a member of a Cup team.

Still, I'd rather have what we got in return for Kessel than Kessel :D

spacer.png

Seriously, you're about our second or third rival, after the Canadiens and battling for the two-spot with the Flyers.

The Leafs? Who needs 'em. As of right now they aren't in my top 5 of teams I get amped to (see the Bruins) play against. Now if they were serious contenders for the Cup it goes 1A Canadiens and 1B Toronto. I secretly like the Leafs, great uniforms, rich history, rabid fanbase. I'd love to see them finally get a Cup, but only if Boston is so pathetically bad they have no chance - which won't happen soon.

I'd much rather have Seguin. I've seen Kessel, don't get me wrong - he's great. Does he have that killer instinct though? Doubtful. He's temperamental and not as driven as I'd like to see in a player. They also put up eerily similar numbers in their rookie campaign, Seguin's got the better of him as a sophomore plus a pretty darn good playoffs. Jury's still out on who got the better of the trade (not including draft picks), but Seguin is a stud let's not deny that.

Thank You to the Anaheim Ducks for showing up tonight, and Thank You to the San Jose Sharks for choking before the playoffs so we don't have to hear about your playoff choking this year!

Couldn't agree more...especially since the delay to clean the ice caused me to miss the first train out after the game.

I think its more to do with the fact that when it's been Toronto vs Boston, or as some Bruins fans see it as, Seguin vs Kessel, Seguin has shined more in those games than Kessel has.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Couldn't agree more...especially since the delay to clean the ice caused me to miss the first train out after the game.

Yeah, that's not cool. There's been 6 games with a fight in the first 5 minutes of the game this season. 3 are Rangers-Devils.

You have a defenseman take his first faceoff at ANY LEVEL, ever (not even PeeWee)? He also could've just not put out his guns too...

SNY Rangers Blog:

On 1050 ESPN Radio, Henrik Lundqvist said that the Rangers changed their starting lineup when they saw who the Devils were starting. He said that Torts was “fired up.” Lundqvist added that Torts was not very happy and that it really got the Rangers going before the game.

I don't think fighting should be eliminated from the game, but fighting for fighting's sake, so dumb. That was disgraceful. If you can suspend for the last 5 minutes of a blowout, how is this any different?

--------------

But at least we got a big 2 points and clinched the first playoff spot in the east.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

You know, it doesn't matter how many times I see it, seeing pieces of blood being scraped off the ice freaks me the :censored: out for some reason.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived