2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

blues-t_1839.jpg

Jason Arnott had me doing a double-take and wondering how Chris Pronger ended up back in St. Louis.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edit: They also had the band "Locksley" who plays the new goal song "The Whip" play the song live in the arena (as well as some of their other songs. I'm not a fan.). I believe Toronto uses the same song and maybe some others.

More than anything, I find it strange that a team playing at Nationwide Arena would prominently showcase a song currently being used in the ad campaign for American Family Insurance.

Wait, they don't do "For those about to rock... FIRE!" *Cannon Shot* anymore? That was possibly my favorite goal celebration. Certainly way better than how in Pittsburgh they've only jumped between "Rock and Roll Part II" and "Song 2" since god knows when.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

edit: They also had the band "Locksley" who plays the new goal song "The Whip" play the song live in the arena (as well as some of their other songs. I'm not a fan.). I believe Toronto uses the same song and maybe some others.

More than anything, I find it strange that a team playing at Nationwide Arena would prominently showcase a song currently being used in the ad campaign for American Family Insurance.

Wait, they don't do "For those about to rock... FIRE!" *Cannon Shot* anymore? That was possibly my favorite goal celebration. Certainly way better than how in Pittsburgh they've only jumped between "Rock and Roll Part II" and "Song 2" since god knows when.

No, they still do, it's just the song after has changed - it has the last couple of years, though.

6fQjS3M.png

Going back to the "LET'S USE A GOAL SONG NO ONE ELSE USES EVEN IF IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A GOAL SONG" sensation sweeping the NHL nation this season, I do have a good proposal for the Bruins. They play this like 4 times a game in the first place, but it could make a good goal song and has a connection to the team at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P51-csxeL_g

34 seconds on, you got yourself a goal song

Additionally, yes, the Sabres with the "Sabre Dance" needs to be a goal song. Other than that, everybody needs to stop playing cute with different goal songs at every arena and stick with something that works. No, the "Crowd Chant" Song doesn't count as a song that works.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Yeah, if we're talking about bad arena muzak, then the Penguins really need to be called out. They were making waves in the right direction, playing commercially acceptable not-quite stoner metal in the last few years of Mellon's existence (I recall The Sword, Baroness, and Slayer getting a play every now and then). I went to the Devils game on Saturday and heard freaking "Welcome to the Jungle." In 2011. Awful.

We were doing so well! Who complained? Pittsburgh is supposed to be quietly hip! Everyone knows that starts with the music that plays during your hockey games. And yeah, Song #2 is so goddam lame. I also think we might be the only city that doesn't abide by the Gary Glitter ban.

IN OTHER NEWS, Mikael Renberg won't be joining a reunion of the only line I can think of that had it's own trading card. At least, any trading card that I owned.

#craigadams

I can live with the Gary Glitter song as the goal song since that's been a thing here since the first cup wins, and I do have fond memories of hearing it after goals in the 08 and 09 cup runs (the new PA announcer sucks, by the way), but I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the falling quality in the music at pens games. We've gone from Muse, Foo Fighters, Rise Against, and the like to the Party Rock Anthem.

I always liked how classy the old-school way games were presented at the Igloo, but eh, times change. It's only music. As long as the product on the ice remains good...

I do like the new rendition of "Boys of Winter", though. Always liked how the pens have had the same theme song occasionally modernized for the past thirty years or so.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

That was a crazy 3rd. Both goalies got pulled, and neither defense was any good. #statingtheobvious

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Five goals scored in less then five minutes in the third. Philly blew 2 separate leads, and still came a way with no point. Also the amazing stat of the night. Nine Jet goals, scored by nine different players. That's gotta be an NHL first, you'd think. This was a game the Jets needed and they got it, even if it was playing lax defense.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Ducks continue their goodwill tour well with a close win. The Minnesota fans were able to get it going once the Wilderness gave them something to cheer for, so I'll give them that. Not exactly a packed arena but I understand that some of these towns will have to get used to hockey. I'm willing to withhold judgement on the Northern expansion experiment for now.

Ducks continue their goodwill tour well with a close win. The Minnesota fans were able to get it going once the Wilderness gave them something to cheer for, so I'll give them that. Not exactly a packed arena but I understand that some of these towns will have to get used to hockey. I'm willing to withhold judgement on the Northern expansion experiment for now.

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

Bravo.

Five goals scored in less then five minutes in the third. Philly blew 2 separate leads, and still came a way with no point. Also the amazing stat of the night. Nine Jet goals, scored by nine different players. That's gotta be an NHL first, you'd think. This was a game the Jets needed and they got it, even if it was playing lax defense.

It was like 1986 all over again. What a silly game.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It was like 1986 all over again. What a silly game.

I guess the wind was blowing towards the outfield last night.

Good to see the Jets still being dreadful on defense. I'll be seeing their next two games in person.....

Blackhawks and Hurricanes setting hockey back about ten years tonight. Raleigh is a black hole of enthusiasm tonight, and the Hurricanes are about the most vanilla-ass team I've ever seen. They're not even one of those Untalented But Defensively Tenacious anal cysts. They just sorta put NHL players on the ice. Events transpire. Outcomes are reached. That this team recently won a Stanley Cup boggles my mind.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived